News: CW: Twitter reacts to Mike Zimmer's return to Cowboys as new DC

Creeper

Reaction score
I am crossing my fingers with this hire. I think he was a very good DC for Dallas in the past. Even when the Cowboys were a terrible team he put a respectable defense on the field.

My concern is if he still has it. His Vikings teams had some pretty bad defenses. I hope the time off has given him the time to re-learn the game. It will be interesting to see what changes he makes. I think we will get better at LB for sure.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Mike Zimmer is a great defensive coach and i think he will do good here.

My only problem with this is Jerry never thinks outside his little comfort box and picked the safest, easiest, most predictable choice he could make, that would not cause any waves in his little kingdom.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2ed2ca3a008c4e5abcc540cb967faa6e.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zim is not a bad hire. He’s obviously been a very effective defensive coach. He’s been very good wherever he’s been.

What makes this “meh” for me, is the last three decades of history of Jerry hiring coaches and how many times we as fans are expected to “trust” what this FO does. I really do want Mike Zimmer to have success because I love the Cowboys. But asking me to get excited is too much for me these days. Just keepin it real.

In a way Zim is the perfect hire for the way this team likes to roll. He’s safe for the owner, he’s definitely done some good things for sure in the past, but he’s more about the past than the future. He’s good but not great, safe and available, and willing to work in the circus.

No disrespect intended for Zim when I say this…but this feels like a 9-8 kind of hire. Not a 13-4 hire. It’s an “around the rim” hire, not an above the rim hire.

But hey…I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Mike Zimmer is a great defensive coach and i think he will do good here.

My only problem with this is Jerry never thinks outside his little comfort box and picked the safest, easiest, most predictable choice he could make, that would not cause any waves in his little kingdom.
Is it possible that Zimmer was the best candidate?

If the criticism is actually *relevant*, fine, applicable, fine, but if every bit of news or every comment requires commentary about how much we hate Jerry (or Dak, or Micah, or Tank, or McCarthy), it makes any meaningful discussion about X’s and O’s impossible.