CZ: Changes to CowboysZone Supporter System

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hostile;2879810 said:
I am Reality's right hand here, and even I do not know how much he pays for the server costs to run this site or the licensing fees to the software we use.

I know this, we have the absolute fastest servers available. Not little in home stuff that crash on game days or need graphics taken down so they don't lag. The biggest baddest dogs in the yard protect this site and keep us in business.

This site is as well maintained as it possibly can be and we're getting some new stuff again this year. Other sites are run for profit, this one is not. I know for a fact that almost every month he pays out of pocket for some of the costs and he does not have to.

We could have signed up for the Dallas Cowboys to cover all costs, but some things that we were unwilling to do were in the offer. He could put ads anywhere he chooses, and he chooses instead not to. As I said, this site is not an ad machine and given the traffic and what he could make by doing so it is pretty darn cool of him. I wouldn't blame him one bit for adding more ads, but he doesn't.

That is why I say every donation is appreciated, because it goes directly to the site or upgrades we do to the site.

I hope my question didn't come across as anything other than curiosity. I really appreciate this place. I was wondering what the nut was on something like this. We have toyed around with something similar for another project but we went in another direction.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2879968 said:
I hope my question didn't come across as anything other than curiosity. I really appreciate this place. I was wondering what the nut was on something like this. We have toyed around with something similar for another project but we went in another direction.
It didn't to me. I try and anticipate the next question and answer as much as I can.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Sometimes it is very difficult to quantify exactly what something is worth to you.

I access this site multiple times per day and have done so for years. I also read several other forums most of whom are well run, this site however, without question is the finest i have seen.

The traffic is enormous and the information fast and topical (the daily zone is fantastic for up to date information). In addition there are many members with specific skills, insights, and contacts all of whom make the "being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys" experience so much deeper.

The moderators here do a terrific job of keeping an overwatch of the board. This is not an easy thing to do and a lot of time is required by people who are just volunteers. I have seen many forums, all with great intentions, disintegrate from lack of supervision.

It is easy to see that this is a labor of love for those involved, and i hope that if the time ever comes that serious financial help is required, that they do not hesitate to request it.

This is a great site and i hope it continues to be run in the same manner for a very long time.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
The green box kinda throws me off. You guys should have made it blue.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Achozen;2879997 said:

Moderators have blue boxes .. I wanted to go with purple for Supporters, Hostile suggested pink and Juke wanted a completely transparent image. We settled on green :D

-Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rockwood2;2879988 said:
Sometimes it is very difficult to quantify exactly what something is worth to you.

I access this site multiple times per day and have done so for years. I also read several other forums most of whom are well run, this site however, without question is the finest i have seen.

The traffic is enormous and the information fast and topical (the daily zone is fantastic for up to date information). In addition there are many members with specific skills, insights, and contacts all of whom make the "being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys" experience so much deeper.

The moderators here do a terrific job of keeping an overwatch of the board. This is not an easy thing to do and a lot of time is required by people who are just volunteers. I have seen many forums, all with great intentions, disintegrate from lack of supervision.

It is easy to see that this is a labor of love for those involved, and i hope that if the time ever comes that serious financial help is required, that they do not hesitate to request it.

This is a great site and i hope it continues to be run in the same manner for a very long time.

Very well said and appreciated!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Reality;2880002 said:
Moderators have blue boxes .. I wanted to go with purple for Supporters, Hostile suggested pink and Juke wanted a completely transparent image. We settled on green :D

-Reality
I said hot pink for Eagles and Commanders fans usernames. You said our members would beat them up and make them cry if we did that.

What exactly was the drawback again?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Achozen;2879997 said:
Brain wanted a variation of this.

:welcome:

You should be happy with the green.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
rockwood2;2879988 said:

Thanks I do my best to cover for the rest of the slacker mods ;)

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm unemployed right now, but when I get to working again, I'll be more than happy to donate.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
This is a good idea. It's no coincidence that I always donate after Reality posts the donation stickies. If he didn't do that, I'd always forget. When you see the same button in the same place month after month, you just don't see it anymore when you visit... if that makes sense?

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
it's shameful that I haven't donated as long as i've been here. i love the place. i'm just THAT broke.

ugh.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Hostile;2879396 said:
Yearly donations will be needed to keep the ads away. As posted we will give a yearly cushion of up to and after the Super Bowl. So a donation in January covers you for 13 months.

Great idea. I couldn't figure out why I was seeing the adds after getting used to not seeing them for some time. And as someone mentioned earlier, it's a great reminder. You guys (and gal) do a great job and I couldn't imagine going online without having CZ around. Nice work........

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
in the spirit of it being my birthday, and a new beginning, I've donated.

Appreciate the professionalism of all of the mods here, even in my freak-out days when I first joined :lmao:

I think I'll also be updating my avatar and my signature. Newman's been my favorite player for a long time but I want something more distinguished and unique to my user name. Anyway no idea why I'm even posting all this haha. Go Cowboys! :star:

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Time to donate to my favorite site of the past 2 it 3 years. I should have done it alot sooner.

$25.00 is not much but it's all I can give right now. I'm still trying to figure out how to pay for this semesters tuition. I Also want to say thanks to everyone who puts in the effort required to make this site the best forum on the web.