D.K. Metcalf's workout

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CATCH17, Mar 2, 2019.

1. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

10,942 Messages
    11,933 Likes Received
    I don't agree that he's too big to be a WR, but your TE point is not far off. In a true spread, the ideal Y is a big WR. Someone who is too big to for DB's but too athletic and fast for LB's. The seam route or skinny post is pretty tough to defend against someone like Metcalf.

2. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

4,544 Messages
    5,422 Likes Received
    Yup spot on. With that speed he should be getting more open. But then realize his short area quickness and change of direction are not good at all. He's gonna be a dez clone run deep and jump high.

3. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

3,010 Messages
    3,162 Likes Received
    Just look at his definition and 1.6% body fat -- can't get that without the juice.

His relative lack of agility is suspicious as well.

Looks like a suspension in waiting.

CATCH17 likes this.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

47,038 Messages
    13,848 Likes Received
    I gotta say, I really have always kinda believed that the NFL Drug Testing policy is something that was there for appearances more then anything. I mean, they pretty much tell players when they will be tested, they don't do the most accurate testing to begin with and teams actively distribute questionable substances to make playes bigger and stronger so how reliable can it really be? This is what really irritates me about players. How do they get caught? It's like you have to simply not care almost.

IDK, just my opinion.

Nova and CATCH17 like this.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

45,762 Messages
    34,925 Likes Received

When you have 300lb guys almost breaking box jump records I think it's safe to assume there is more going on then hardwork and healthy eating.

The pictures of this guy floating around the internet are either doctored or he is on something because it is not possible to be that big and that lean naturally.

Like.. Rock hard lean.. Not just lean but looking like a piece of rock sculpted.

Ole Miss hasn't been the cleanest of schools here recently either.

tyke1doe likes this.
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

45,762 Messages
    34,925 Likes Received

There is a place for these types in the NFL though.

Being able to send a big guys down the sideline over and over that can win a 50/50 matchup is a great element to have for any offense.

You can make a lot of money if that is your 1 trick.

7. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

45,762 Messages
    34,925 Likes Received
    Yep... Some of these pictures floating around of him on the internet are just ridiculous.

He either doctored the Photos or doctored his body.

Doc50 likes this.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

47,038 Messages
    13,848 Likes Received
    Recently or historically, for sure.

CATCH17 likes this.
  9. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

8,371 Messages
    9,963 Likes Received
    PED testing is done year round. Recreational drug testing is done once a year, during the mini-camps after the draft, so long as you haven't already failed a test and are in the program.

10. ABQCOWBOY

47,038 Messages
    13,848 Likes Received
    Yes, but not all substances are tested for. So basically, if you stay on the cutting edge......

11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

45,762 Messages
    34,925 Likes Received
    Lance Armstrong took doses before bed and tested clean in the morning...

There is no way the NFL is a clean sport and you almost never hear about guys getting popped. It's way more rare then it should be and i'm sure if you got guys off the record they could tell you all kinds of stories.

12. ABQCOWBOY

47,038 Messages
    13,848 Likes Received
    It's all about what you test for and lets be honest, what you said earlier about guys gaining stupid weight in the NFL is spot on, it's not from eating right. The NFL is engaging in this practice IMO.

CATCH17 likes this.
  13. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

1,174 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    I know they get tested at the combine but do College kids get test outside of this at all? Depending on what you take you can get clean in a couple of days.

14. revospeed

revospeed Well-Known Member

3,012 Messages
    2,733 Likes Received
    Dude reminds me a lot of Devin Thomas. Decent tape from Michigan State but wiser at the combine and built like Tarzan. The Redskins drafted him and realized he couldn’t run routes and his athleticism couldn’t win in the pros.

15. dallas72

dallas72 Well-Known Member

732 Messages
    464 Likes Received
    Dez never had speed

Hennessy_King likes this.
  16. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,057 Messages
    23,972 Likes Received
    1.6% body fat is not sustainable or healthy

Fredbeard and Hennessy_King like this.
  17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

40,105 Messages
    37,263 Likes Received

18. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

40,105 Messages
    37,263 Likes Received
    I was at 3.8% in college and the Doctor and others thought that was extreme.

Nightman likes this.