Dallas Cowboys Defense gets embarassed what went wrong? (Film Study)

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good defense week one. Bad defense week two. The truth is they are somewhere in between. 9-7, 7-9 who know where they will end up this season. But the only way they pick 3rd next April is if they trade up for that pick.
I’m just frustrated, cowboy brother, it’s a long season just gotta keep the injuries and penalties away. That’s our only shot.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
if you ask anybody, and I mean, anybody, how do you win games in the NFL
. most will say you have to be able to stop the run , and run the football.
A few will say you have to have a great quarterback.
I say if you don’t have strong offense defensive lines you’re not winning anything ever. It all starts in the pits.
Defense is never going to do anything without solid defense tackle rotation
. But Jerry wants the sack , he gets off on it. He thinks it’s sexy. I can’t stand him.
we suck at both...if a fan can analyze it and see it, I guarantee you the OCs are seeing even more. they are going to keep doing it until we stop it. they are going to find the weak spot and just go at it. I can see us having three games where we give up more than 200 yards rushing. that's a losing formula. and I don't see our offense averaging 4 Ypc....

fivetwos

Reaction score
Two cooks in one kitchen can always be an avoidable problem.
It’s Jerry’s Cowboys.

He will continue to fail while telling everyone how great of a job he is doing and no one could be better. Really?

It’s just how it is for now. Their plan will never work, yet they think it does and it’s about the ball not bouncing the right way.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man ....... I was all ready to watch a Kurt Warner video and get educated ........ but I do not see Kurt Warner anywhere.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe the rest of the D needs a Dak level contract for motivation?

All kidding aside, the slacking can most likely be narrowed down to 1 person, the 1 person who doesn't to care if the players are held accountable for crap, uninspired play. Hint: it isn't MM. Professional athletes shouldn't need to be motivated to do their damn job, but here we are - again.
easily the best post of your long career here!!!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
A big issue is the Saints were manhandling our DTs one on one allowing other linemen to run up field to our LBs.

We have no one who commands a double team so it is going to be more of the same most of the season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good defense week one. Bad defense week two. The truth is they are somewhere in between. 9-7, 7-9 who know where they will end up this season. But the only way they pick 3rd next April is if they trade up for that pick.
Good D or bad QB play?

kskboys

Reaction score
The defense is awful but that screen pass that went for a TD was a perfect call. The Cowboys had two LBs rushing in and the play went right behind them.

One change I would make is get Juanyeh Thomas more playing time. The safeties are not getting it done.

I don't think there is anything that can be done at this point with the DTs. I think Joseph will get a little better once he gets some playing time under his belt but that's not much. I don't think Carlos Watkins is going to help much.
So, why were the LB's rushing in? Because the play is so bad upfront, they have to in order to stop anyone.

Our rotten DT play is the root of the cause of all our D woes. Fix that, and the improvement would be massive. Yes, there's other issues, there always are, but the DT play is the elephant in the room.

And it's not heart or effort or any of that crapp. It's lack of talent, pure and simple. Osa has more heart and hustle than anyone on our D, if that's all it took our D would be much better.

vig454

Reaction score
The game film vs the Saints does not lie. Micah Parsons even said the problem was not Coach Zimmer or the playcalling. It was the players. Watch...

Totally inexcusable to slack and not play full speed. This defense played the exact way in the playoff blowout loss to the Packers this past January.

What needs to be done to the players to fix this?

:facepalm: :facepalm: You tell us what needs fixing guru.:lmao:

nobody

Reaction score
You need Jerry to change to fix this. He needs a new Coach/GM that will pull the trigger on players as needed. Someone like Jimmy. You need a player like Irvin who'll hand the new coach a list of players who are just there to collect a paycheck and the ones that are there to actually play and then the new coach has to get rid of the ones just there to get paid. When a pay-seeker gets lazy, cut him. Let the players know the free ride is over.

But Jerry will never allow this because it would take "credit" from him if the Cowboys succeed.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
All thread titles should reflect the source title. It is the same for articles, videos, etc.

Rc4qf2L.jpg
What? Since when?? Does that go for all the trolls here or just for hardcore COWBOYS fans like, AC? :)