Dallas Cowboys Defense gets embarassed what went wrong? (Film Study)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
See overshown get washed out of the play so easily......that's why he's not in the base packages. He can't shed blocks.....But he's an all pro already apparently and Zim doesn't know what he's doing by keeping him on the bench....
All true, but remember, Overshown is coming off a torn ACL. He's likely being cautious and not trying to put too much strain on his knee.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If you don't want to take the time to watch the video, I will save you time.

This defense is softer than the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The game film vs the Saints does not lie. Micah Parsons even said the problem was not Coach Zimmer or the playcalling. It was the players. Watch...

Totally inexcusable to slack and not play full speed. This defense played the exact way in the playoff blowout loss to the Packers this past January.

What needs to be done to the players to fix this?

There is nothing to be done.

Our DTs are bad. Thats it. Our ends are not good too.

LBs cant do their job in this scheme if the DTs dont occupy the blockers.

Overshown is fast but he is not good in shedding blocks. And he wouldnt have to be if our DTs were better.

The problems were apparent in the offseason. We did nothing against it. This was to be expected. And even if i think our FO is unqualified i do think they were aware of that but chose to ignore the problem.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
Toughen up by playing with physicality. Know your job and do your job. Play through every play. No half measures. The effort definitely needs to and can improve. I expect a much better effort tomorrow by the defense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There is nothing to be done.

Our DTs are bad. Thats it. Our ends are not good too.

LBs cant do their job in this scheme if the DTs dont occupy the blockers.

Overshown is fast but he is not good in shedding blocks. And he wouldnt have to be if our DTs were better.

The problems were apparent in the offseason. We did nothing against it. This was to be expected. And even if i think our FO is unqualified i do think they were aware of that but chose to ignore the problem.
100% agree!

I don't understand why Jerry and the Cowboys don't pick up Justin Rogers back from the Bengals practice squad and bring him back to Dallas? Justin performed good during training camp and preseason. The favoritism by Jerry and coaches is hurting our defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
100% agree!

I don't understand why Jerry and the Cowboys don't pick up Justin Rogers back from the Bengals practice squad and bring him back to Dallas? Justin performed good during training camp and preseason. The favoritism by Jerry and coaches is hurting our defense.
No joke, he cannot be worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!