D Lawrence

cjlopez

Reaction score
Hey guys. When we think of the team and its Star Players do u guys get the feeling that D Lawrence is not getting the Star Treatment.....For some reason I just don't think he gets a big monster extension if he doesn't produce this year. I like the player and I hope he gets 15 sacks next year, but i see a scenio where if he doesn't produce big numbers we might move on from him. I think him prodducing at the last year of his contract give me a bad vibe. I think players that are superstars like Aaron Donald so forth produce every year and earn their big pay day, but D Lawrence i see the likelyhood that maybe it won't ever get that big extension from us. That is just my thought.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Hey guys. When we think of the team and its Star Players do u guys get the feeling that D Lawrence is not getting the Star Treatment.....For some reason I just don't think he gets a big monster extension if he doesn't produce this year. I like the player and I hope he gets 15 sacks next year, but i see a scenio where if he doesn't produce big numbers we might move on from him. I think him prodducing at the last year of his contract give me a bad vibe. I think players that are superstars like Aaron Donald so forth produce every year and earn their big pay day, but D Lawrence i see the likelyhood that maybe it won't ever get that big extension from us. That is just my thought.
If he can't live up to last years numbers: then he will be gone. Martin will get the extension prior to the season and Lawrence will play on the franchise tag to see if he is worth the big contract.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he doesnt produce this year he doesnt deserve a monster extension.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
I dont think he's a 14 sack de. He did it last year, but that was just one of those seasons. I think he's an 11 or 12 sack guy .
Its like Matt Ryan had that map year, but that's not who he really is. That's just his one monster season.

Techsass

Reaction score
I dont think he's a 14 sack de. He did it last year, but that was just one of those seasons. I think he's an 11 or 12 sack guy .
Its like Matt Ryan had that map year, but that's not who he really is. That's just his one monster season.
I kind of hope you're wrong - in a good way.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
11-12 sacks a year is only Worth 10 million a year.
I hope Lawrence gets 20 sacks a year. I just dont see it. I think he's a 11 sack guy with a 9 mixed in.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
If Taco came on and Gregory proved himself or if Tapper stayed healthy I could see the Cowboys letting Lawrence walk even if he had 12-15 sacks. If the Cowboys don’t look good at the trade deadline I think it would be smart to trade him.

dallas72

Reaction score
If Taco came on and Gregory proved himself or if Tapper stayed healthy I could see the Cowboys letting Lawrence walk even if he had 12-15 sacks. If the Cowboys don’t look good at the trade deadline I think it would be smart to trade him.
Taco started to look good last 3-4 games...hes in the mold of Lawrence...Lawrence took time to develop

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Taco started to look good last 3-4 games...hes in the mold of Lawrence...Lawrence took time to develop
Lawrence looked good in the playoffs though, plus he missed tine with a broken foot. That’s his excuse. He also had 8 sacks as.a rookie

Techsass

Reaction score
So he balls in the team's off years & disappears in their winning seasons? They need to get in synch.

Techsass

Reaction score
Heard on the radio driving home that Dlaw & the Cowboys are no where near each other on reaching a deal. I think it was Fish saying that.

CapnB

Reaction score
cowboys FO likes to work on deadlines.... they will literally push this thing to the deadline then work it out.... or not.

cjlopez

Reaction score
I just don't see him as a FACE of the Franchise!!! Think about it...when u talk about the Cowboys or hear about them u don't see his face or name as a name that is mentioned up there with Prescott, Elliot, Lee or even Scandrick. Is he a good player...YES...but I don't think you break the bank for him unless you are getting production every year. I would check after the season and go from there. I think other teams would trade for him in an instant. I wouldn't do it just now, but I really think he is just a guy who had a solid year, but has yet to bring it all together. If he has a great year than yes maybe we offer him an extension, but if not I think we tag him and see who bites. Teams will always think they can use him, but if he doesn't seem like a superstar I don't think we should pay him like one.