D. Ware vs. "The Great" Lawrence Taylor

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Demarcus Ware is no pretender. He is the best defensive player in the league right now. Just has alot of work to do if it's even possible to reach LT's career status. The guy was either the AP or UPI defensive player of the year his first 3 seasons in the league. If tackles were tracked in LT's time he'd have double what Ware has tackle wise.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Cowboys22;2449090 said:
I wonder how many of LT's sacks would draw a penalty flag today for something like a blow to the head or helmet to helmet contact. He also probably would have led the league in roughing the passer penalties if he played under today's rules.

That would be a fun project to put together. Of course sometimes roughing the passer is subjective but there was a lot of times L.T. just man handled the QB's and there is no question it would be illegal today.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2449096 said:
That is a complete myth.

Brian broaddus spent two days on espn radio back in august or september talking about all of the draft day happenings in the war room, where he was.

He spilled the beans on everything. And one of the myths he dispelled was that parcells wanted spears at 11.

He said parcells really wanted merriman and liked his attitude, but Stephen did not want to do business with the postons. Jerry then made parcells sit down with steven and himself in their office and explain to him that he wouldnt sign on time and would be a problem because of his agents.

at which time, Parcells happily went along with ware as everyone in the room wanted.

The broaddus stuff was simply awesome to listen to. IF you dont believe me ask Chocolate lab he was listening that day to and we were posting on it.

Broaddus is also the one that told the story about how everyone went along with maurice carthons decision to wait and select julius. Everyone trusted his judgement and because they got the extra 1 they took jules.

Who knows, I know it was widely reproted by alot of people that Parcells was insisting on Spears at 11, I think Mosley was reporting that too and he usually has good info.

As for the Poston thing, Parcells himself had said numerous times he'd never deal with a player who had the Postons as an agent. Maybe he had changed his tune then but he was on record saying that.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;2449178 said:
Who knows, I know it was widely reproted by alot of people that Parcells was insisting on Spears at 11, I think Mosley was reporting that too and he usually has good info.

As for the Poston thing, Parcells himself had said numerous times he'd never deal with a player who had the Postons as an agent. Maybe he had changed his tune then but he was on record saying that.

well if you dont believe Broaddus that is fine.

Just know he was in the room and part of the discussion. His two days of talking about the drafts with parcells and before parcells were some of the most interesting minutes of sports radio I have ever heard.

Now, jacob rogers was all parcells mistake. As broaddus put it, parcells had rogers as their first rounder and had to be talked out of it by the scouts. If I remember correctly he said parcells barely conceded on that and insisted on him in the 2nd round.