Dabo Swinney

Mannix

Reaction score
If we go 1-15 MM will "suddenly" call it quits.

Lutonio

Reaction score
No. My family are Clemson fanatics, with both my parents and both brothers having gone there (I actually went to rival South Carolina because they offered the major I wanted.)

Dabo is not an NFL style coach. He is a motivator, a salesman, and a recruiter. He relies on his coordinators for the X’s and O’s, and they are paid accordingly for their value.

He’s perfect for college football as he promotes a program and Clemson as a family and as a lifestyle, but that wouldn’t translate to the NFL.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Absolutely no way. Dado is like Saban...the king of his domain. He’s worshiped. He can make more money at Clemson than he could ever make st Dallas. Plus he’s a smart man and knows the Jones boys for what they truly are...

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Next year this would be my hire for Dallas and i would pay with Jerry's money of course. His defensive cordinator is best in college.
Why would you hire this dude???? Clemson has been LOADED WITH GREAT PLAYERS so you or I could coach this team and win. I want someone like Jimmy Johnson who was a sick dude who knew how to get the best out of his players and at the same time put the fear of god into them! I don't see that in Dabo

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
No. My family are Clemson fanatics, with both my parents and both brothers having gone there (I actually went to rival South Carolina because they offered the major I wanted.)

Dabo is not an NFL style coach. He is a motivator, a salesman, and a recruiter. He relies on his coordinators for the X’s and O’s, and they are paid accordingly for their value.

He’s perfect for college football as he promotes a program and Clemson as a family and as a lifestyle, but that wouldn’t translate to the NFL.
I'm sorry you were forced to be a Gamecock. We could have been friends. I still have some deep Clemson ties.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Dabo is not a fit for the NFL in my opinion. He does not like the idea of having less control. Dabo is a micro manager that cares about things like jersey colors, players getting paid for their likeness, agents, etc. Dabo would not be given the control that he'd want, nor should he. There are college coaches that are a better fit for the pro game like Dino Babers and James Franklin. Pay attention to coaches who have shown success when they don't have all of the recruiting advantages, and their teams play tough. Bronco Mendenhall is another one.

No Saban, no Swinney, no Kirby Smart.

Ryan Day is an interesting one. He's killing it in recruiting, but I have been impressed with his transformation of how Ohio State plays.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I'm sorry you were forced to be a Gamecock. We could have been friends. I still have some deep Clemson ties.
Trust me, I sat through some games in the student section, but I never caught the college football bug despite my family’s best efforts. I’m NFL all the way.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I dont see why Dabo—especially given his personality and generalpriorities—would leave his current situation for the pros.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This feels the same as calling for Urban Meyer.

Dabo's greatest strength is recruiting. That doesn't matter much in the NFL.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
College coach at a major football program seems like a better gig. Better job security. Big fish in a small pond.

True, but that being said, the NFL is still regarded as a step above college ball, the urge to prove that you're the best coach anywhere is there for some coaches.

Jimmy Johnson was certainly a big fish in a small pond but he didn't hesitate to jump to the NFL...

Rayman70

Reaction score
DUDE is a GOD in College football and LOVES it in Clemson. He has a huge ego like all great coaches and absolutely craves attention and it fuels him to be great. He won't leave Clemson unless Saban retires a then he might leave to go to Bama.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Urban Meyer , the more I think about it...MIGHT WORK. He's been out of football a while now though. He certainly would be someone the players could rally behind. Zeke played for him. As did Noah Brown. I see the fit.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
True, but that being said, the NFL is still regarded as a step above college ball, the urge to prove that you're the best coach anywhere is there for some coaches.

Jimmy Johnson was certainly a big fish in a small pond but he didn't hesitate to jump to the NFL...

The NFL gives you broader fame, but in the daily interactions of your life, you have more relative authority and power as a college coach. No owner to deal with. You have total leverage over your players and staff.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The NFL gives you broader fame, but in the daily interactions of your life, you have more relative authority and power as a college coach. No owner to deal with. You have total leverage over your players and staff.

Yes, but winning a SB is the top of the mountain, NFL football is the most popular sport. If a coach wants to reach the pinnacle of success, he will have to win a SB. That allure can override everything else...