Daily News: Cowboy-filled Pro Bowl roster still bothers Giants

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aikemirv;2386686 said:
Exactly, and even if we make a late run, it is not going to change a lot.

Just like last year except the teams have changed!

Good point. Imagine if the Giants have a bunch of pro bowlers but suffer an early playoff exit at the hands of the Cowboys who have less guys going to Hawaii. Careful what you wish for, Giants, cause you just might get it.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2386698 said:
Good point. Imagine if the Giants have a bunch of pro bowlers but suffer an early playoff exit at the hands of the Cowboys who have less guys going to Hawaii. Careful what you wish for, Giants, cause you just might get it.

I would dance a jig, Mamacita. I swear I would dance a friggin' jig :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hostile;2386636 said:
We no longer have a pro bowl filled roster.

2007 Pro Bowlers and chances of repeat in 2008.

Nick Folk...maybe
Greg Ellis...no chance
DeMarcus Ware...Absolutely
Jason Witten...yes
Terrell Owens...not unless when Tony comes back he explodes
Flozell Adams...don't make me laugh
Leonard Davis...doubt it
Andre Gurode...if he does it's only because no other NFC Centers stand out
Terence Newman...nope
Roy Williams...nuh uh
Ken Hamlin...pfft
Marion Barber...he might
Tony Romo...I think he will

3 yes
3 maybe
7 no

Barber, Gurode, Witten, Ware and Romo are sure things. They're the best at their positions statistically. Ken Hamlin is a maybe. If he made it last year I don't see why he wouldn't make it this year. He's been just as effective. Terrell Owens i'm on the fence about. It matters how he ends the season. Not looking good though for the simple fact the best receivers in the league happen to be in the NFC. He get in on name recoginition alone but you never know. Flozell, Gurode and Leonard Davis are still considered some of the best lineman in the game. They could get in by name alone.

I wouldn't rule out Zach Thomas goin' in either. He's had a solid year. Jay Ratliff is putting together another solid year. He's 3rd in the NFC in sacks at the tackle position.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They won the Superbowl what is there to even discuss? It's nothing but whinning when they even mention or bring up Pro Bowls. Who gives a flying crap about Pro Bowls?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2386711 said:
They won the Superbowl what is there to even discuss? It's nothing but whinning when they even mention or bring up Pro Bowls. Who gives a flying crap about Pro Bowls?

Well if you want the title of "Hall of Famer" they do take in Pro Bowls into consideration. Its just for personal reasons. I still don't get the whining myself. They got the biggest chip in the world. Some guys don't even go to the Pro bowl at all even though they got voted in. Not sure why they're crying.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If it's manufactured outrage that makes them play that way, I wish our FO and coaching staff could manufacture some. The Giants play with a chip on their shoulder. And after they got rid of some prima donnas like Shockey and Tiki, that were supposedly "irreplacable talents", they got even better as an overall team. It's an approach maybe our front office could find an example in.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If we beat them twice this year and only lose another game or so then the Pro Bowl votes will come although not like last year.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;2386610 said:
I have no problem with the article.

Fans were equally PO'ed to have 13 Pro Bowlers and lose the first Playoff Game.

I like the Giants, I think they have heart, play hard, hate everybody and very good at the "Us against them mentality".

I wish we had more guys like this on our team.

There is a major difference between how the Giants play and rally under their head coach and how our heartless guys play.

This incarnation of the Giants are a group of irritating butt-hurt whiners, but I completely agree with you on one point. Phillips appears to have missed a golden opportunity to play the us-against-the-world card during this recent stretch. You'd be hearing it from players in interviews if they'd been harping on it, and with everyone following Deion Sanders in leaping off the bandwagon during the bout of early-season injuries, it's the perfect time to engage in some New England Patriots -style overreaction to bring this unbelievably talented team together.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2386755 said:
If it's manufactured outrage that makes them play that way, I wish our FO and coaching staff could manufacture some. The Giants play with a chip on their shoulder. And after they got rid of some prima donnas like Shockey and Tiki, that were supposedly "irreplacable talents", they got even better as an overall team. It's an approach maybe our front office could find an example in.
Phillips may not feel that it's necessary to manufacture outrage to inspire his players since his philosophy of allowing his players to motivate themselves might contradict that approach.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If the Giants hadn't beaten us in the playoffs when it counted, won the SB and be two games up on us, then no one here would care. It sounds like sour grapes for us to even respond to it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
jobberone;2386769 said:
If the Giants hadn't beaten us in the playoffs when it counted, won the SB and be two games up on us, then no one here would care. It sounds like sour grapes for us to even respond to it.

Wouldn't you say it is sour grapes for them to bring it up?

I mean, like someone said, they got the rings, that is not enough?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
aikemirv;2386778 said:

I don't care what they say. I do care what we say. I say ignore the freakin media induced crap and beat the crap out of the Giants.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aikemirv;2386778 said:

I would say that it's sour grapes for the media to keep bringing it up for the Giants to provide soundbites for. With that said, I would still say that Pierce should get a grip about the whole non-issue... unless some of the *****ing has something to do with Pro Bowl bonuses written into his contract which he's missing out on. That would be motivation enough to ***** about, but his past history of talking like an *** about all types of 'subjects' kinda makes that possibility sorta moot.

Ren

Reaction score
more whining from the Giants what a shock,..

words can't express how happy i'll be if our backups go up there and b***h-slap them

aikemirv

Reaction score
jobberone;2386785 said:
I don't care what they say. I do care what we say. I say ignore the freakin media induced crap and beat the crap out of the Giants.

Whatever.....

Someone posts an article - we discuss the article.....

I don't see how it is sour grapes for us to discuss the merits of his statements.

They are in freaking NY for petes sake. If they could not get enough votes from their city they have no one to blame but themselves for playing so poorly in the first half of the year.

So , in essense they want the personal glory and the team glory too!

Go cry me a river. We as Cowboys fans and I bet the players would give up all 13 for the Super Bowl trophy!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
aikemirv;2386803 said:
Whatever.....

Someone posts an article - we discuss the article.....

I don't see how it is sour grapes for us to discuss the merits of his statements.

They are in freaking NY for petes sake. If they could not get enough votes from their city they have no one to blame but themselves for playing so poorly in the first half of the year.

So , in essense they want the personal glory and the team glory too!

Go cry me a river. We as Cowboys fans and I bet the players would give up all 13 for the Super Bowl trophy!

Slow down. I don't have a problem discussing the article. But few would care if we were 6-1 and the Giants were 2-6 and we had won the SB.

Didn't mean to offend you.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
DallasEast;2386787 said:
I would say that it's sour grapes for the media to keep bringing it up for the Giants to provide soundbites for. With that said, I would still say that Pierce should get a grip about the whole non-issue... unless some of the *****ing has something to do with Pro Bowl bonuses written into his contract which he's missing out on. That would be motivation enough to ***** about, but his past history of talking like an *** about all types of 'subjects' kinda makes that possibility sorta moot.

Obviously it's an effective motivating tool for them. Why should they let it go when it's working?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2386940 said:
Obviously it's an effective motivating tool for them. Why should they let it go when it's working?
They shouldn't if that's true, but it seems so shallow for them to hang onto that kind of motivation tactic when they really don't have any true adversity beyond it to contend with.