Dak’s Brother Tad Calls Out the Cowboys on Twitter

kskboys

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with the statement. What was wrong was to put it on Twitter. But it is a reasonable truth

If my brother grew up a Cowboys fan and I a Saints fan, my brother gets drafted by the Cowboys, performs at a high level with team success for the Cowboys, after a 4 year rookie deal gets franchised tagged, gets no long term deal, and goes to be a year to year QB for the Cowboys, I would go back easily to be a Saints fan.

A lot of Cowboy fans don't want Dak Prescott for obvious reasons to be the long term QB for the Cowboys. So if you became a Cowboys fan, like my then 10 year old youngest son did when the Cowboy drafted Prescott being a Cowboys Dak Prescott fan, he will go back to either the Seahawks or the Patriots as he was a Russell Wilson and Cam Newton fan before being forced with abandonment to become a Cowboys fan.

I was so glad I could watch Cowboys football games in peace with the entire house cheering for the Cowboys. As like me, my children were born and breed to be Cowboy fans. However, the now 14 year old youngest boy will drop the Cowboys like hot roach when the get rid of Dak Prescott. Dak or No Dak, I will still be posting about Jerry Dumbo GM Jones making another stupid GM decision while still being a Cowboys fan.
Yeah, especially if the brother doesn't appear to have the common sense to see that Dak turned down fair contracts.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Talent always gets paid. Zeke is a top 5 talent wo question where Dak is not.

One plays QB and one plays RB. Most important vs one of the least important. Plenty of top RB's have been shunned on top salaries the last few years. And the ones that got huge contracts like Gurley have been cut.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You only know what is expected from how they played in the past. No player in the history of sports has ever been paid any other way.
You use past performance to judge future performance, but you don't pay them for what they did. You pay them for what you think they will do.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
One plays QB and one plays RB. Most important vs one of the least important. Plenty of top RB's have been shunned on top salaries the last few years. And the ones that got huge contracts like Gurley have been cut.
That's fair tbh..Zeke did strongarm JJ as a RB. His tweet about carrying this offense the last few years showed the intent behind it. Dak's not getting rewarded for my production, pay me first.

Zeke wasn't wrong though. A QB in a run first offense wants top money? We only became pass heavy this year bc we never scored in the first half.

fredp22

Reaction score
guaranteed hes never paid for a ticket to a game yet- dont think Jerry will lose any sleep over him not remaining a fan

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Yeah, especially if the brother doesn't appear to have the common sense to see that Dak turned down fair contracts.
I told you, I am from the old school to not comment on a man's worth. Dak has $31.4M more than you or me. He can show up like A. J. Green did last year, claim an ankle injury for the entire season, and get paid the last year of his 4 year $60M contract working out in the "asthma field". Cowboy fans better be thankful Dak grew up a Cowboys fan, is a leader, believes in team first or he could be A. J. Green who did not grow up a Bengals fan but got paid all of 2019.

kskboys

Reaction score
I told you, I am from the old school to not comment on a man's worth. Dak has $31.4M more than you or me. He can show up like A. J. Green did last year, claim an ankle injury for the entire season, and get paid the last year of his 4 year $60M contract working out in the "asthma field". Cowboy fans better be thankful Dak grew up a Cowboys fan, is a leader, believes in team first or he could be A. J. Green who did not grow up a Bengals fan but got paid all of 2019.
I find your post pretty much completely irrelevant, and if you truly believe your first sentence, then explain to me why you are even clicking onto threads such as this. Your post makes zero sense.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You use past performance to judge future performance, but you don't pay them for what they did. You pay them for what you think they will do.
Based on how they have played in the past. This is true in all professional sports.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Based on how they have played in the past. This is true in all professional sports.
Yes, but you don't just say, "Well Johnny put up this many yards and this many points, so that's how he'll continue to perform."
You look at what he consistently does well, and what he doesn't do well. Then you look at the direction you want to go, and ask yourself if he's the best guy (or at least good enough) to get it done. "Is paying him this much going to hurt our chances, because we can't keep the other players we need, or can he make up for the lack of impactful defensive players?"

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Never in my life as a Cowboys fan have I ever seen a single player influence this franchise in such a way as Dak.
Like the Beverly Hillbillies,, C'mon in.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yes, but you don't just say, "Well Johnny put up this many yards and this many points, so that's how he'll continue to perform."
You look at what he consistently does well, and what he doesn't do well. Then you look at the direction you want to go, and ask yourself if he's the best guy (or at least good enough) to get it done. "Is paying him this much going to hurt our chances, because we can't keep the other players we need, or can he make up for the lack of impactful defensive players?"
Actually yes you do. They are hoping for similar results and pay on the hope of those similar results. Doesn't always work out but sometimes it does. That is on ownership, coaches and scouts to properly evaluate said player...age, wear and tear, performance ect

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The reason why professional NFL franchises hire scouts.
If it was just about stats, Jerry could sit on his computer and make all the personal decisions.
The Stat Group here is a microseism of society, they just believe what they are told and have ignored their god given gift of eye sight and use of the brain.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually yes you do. They are hoping for similar results and pay on the hope of those similar results. Doesn't always work out but sometimes it does. That is on ownership, coaches and scouts to properly evaluate said player...age, wear and tear, performance ect
Okay, let me rephrase that. Only an idiot would say, "Well Johnny put up this many yards and this many points, so that's how he'll continue to perform.", and not consider the reasons he put up that many yards and points.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
ah, Tad didn't get his free meal for life. hum does greed run in that family?

I think he might have... isn't playing on the tag this season a 31 million pay raise? Its just for 1 season, but damn, you can buy a lot of booze and scooby snacks for 31 million. I haven't made anywhere close to that much in my entire 55 year lifetime. And he's getting that in 1 year at age 26.