Dak’s Brother Tad Calls Out the Cowboys on Twitter

LocoBates

Reaction score
Every player gets paid for past performance.

Fair enough then. Dakota's performance in 4 years = 1 Playoff win, no NFC Championship, no SB, not even a SB appearance (leave alone SB ring and MVP). Should he get paid same as a SB MVP QB? I don't think so. (and I am talking SB Wilson money no SB Mahomes money) so... in that case Dakota is worth much less than $35M / yr. I think the $31+M Tag is VERY generous.

I said it before, not because other Teams in the league or even the Cowboys have made mistakes before it means they should sign Dakota (at whatever price) ... much less sign him meeting his unrealistic demands.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's fair tbh..Zeke did strongarm JJ as a RB. His tweet about carrying this offense the last few years showed the intent behind it. Dak's not getting rewarded for my production, pay me first.

Zeke wasn't wrong though. A QB in a run first offense wants top money? We only became pass heavy this year bc we never scored in the first half.

We become more of a passing team because Moore took over the play calling.

But...………….also because Zeke was ineffective on many occasions and we got behind.

The transition has been made. Especially if you are going to pay a QB 30 million. The teams strength is the passing game. I knew this would happen and one of the big reasons I was so against paying Zeke.

kskboys

Reaction score
The reason why professional NFL franchises hire scouts.
If it was just about stats, Jerry could sit on his computer and make all the personal decisions.
The Stat Group here is a microseism of society, they just believe what they are told and have ignored their god given gift of eye sight and use of the brain.
Or didn't possess it in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
The reason why professional NFL franchises hire scouts.
If it was just about stats, Jerry could sit on his computer and make all the personal decisions.
The Stat Group here is a microseism of society, they just believe what they are told and have ignored their god given gift of eye sight and use of the brain.
Matt Schaub once threw for 4,770 yds. Sooooo, did the Texans then pay him huge? Nope. Why not? Because people still tended to have a little sense, even just 10-15 yrs ago.

This whole ploy by Dak has been nonsensical. There's no logical reasoning behind Dak believing he deserves higher pay than any other QB. If you stop and really think about it, Dak's contract stance is extremely strange.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Must suck to be Dak and have your brother say things like this.

Like, what reason could there be? Dallas' history of significantly overpaying for damn near every position from the start of the salary cap until 2015?

landryscorner

Reaction score
Get your popcorn ready.

Ec_qaVNUcAINoG-

Just one more year Tad, just one more year. TG.

khiladi

Reaction score
We become more of a passing team because Moore took over the play calling.

But...………….also because Zeke was ineffective on many occasions and we got behind.

The transition has been made. Especially if you are going to pay a QB 30 million. The teams strength is the passing game. I knew this would happen and one of the big reasons I was so against paying Zeke.

Zeke averaged 4.7 YPC the first half, more than the second. If he was ineffective the first half as opposed to the second, why was his average in the second half 4.2 YPC? His average was the worse in the fourth quarter.

Teams focused on Zeke when the games were close:

https://www.nfl.com/players/ezekiel-elliott/stats/situational

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I were Dak I would tell my brother to be quiet. He isn't helping anything and could jeopardize Dak, even if only slightly.

I'm pretty sure he's okay with it otherwise it would have been immediately deleted.

If you don't think this guy is a scumbag you just are blinded by homerism. What more does he have to do to tell you exactly who he is?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke averaged 4.7 YPC the first half, more than the second. If he was ineffective the first half as opposed to the second, why was his average in the second half 4.2 YPC? His average was the worse in the fourth quarter.

Teams focused on Zeke when the games were close:

https://www.nfl.com/players/ezekiel-elliott/stats/situational

Sad...………..A good RB gets better in the 2nd half if those stats are really true.

In 2019 in games where Zeke ran the ball 8 times or more in the first quarter the Cowboys fell behind.

The horrid Garrett is gone. You almost cant judge anyone with Garrett as the HC. Clean slate for everyone.

khiladi

Reaction score
Sad...………..A good RB gets better in the 2nd half if those stats are really true.

In 2019 in games where Zeke ran the ball 8 times or more in the first quarter the Cowboys fell behind.

The horrid Garrett is gone. You almost cant judge anyone with Garrett as the HC. Clean slate for everyone.

We’ll see how it works out. No hard feelings bro..

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Fair enough then. Dakota's performance in 4 years = 1 Playoff win, no NFC Championship, no SB, not even a SB appearance (leave alone SB ring and MVP). Should he get paid same as a SB MVP QB? I don't think so. (and I am talking SB Wilson money no SB Mahomes money) so... in that case Dakota is worth much less than $35M / yr. I think the $31+M Tag is VERY generous.

I said it before, not because other Teams in the league or even the Cowboys have made mistakes before it means they should sign Dakota (at whatever price) ... much less sign him meeting his unrealistic demands.
Hes getting 31 mil this season

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he's okay with it otherwise it would have been immediately deleted.

If you don't think this guy is a scumbag you just are blinded by homerism. What more does he have to do to tell you exactly who he is?

That's the thing with me. Either Tad was just running his mouth and Dak agreed enough to let it stay posted or it was Tad speaking on behalf of Dak so he wouldn't suffer the PR nightmare.

Either way it doesn't look good.

khiladi

Reaction score
That's the thing with me. Either Tad was just running his mouth and Dak agreed enough to let it stay posted or it was Tad speaking on behalf of Dak so he wouldn't suffer the PR nightmare.

Either way it doesn't look good.

Dak’s friends have also been tweeting, not just Tad. This is clearly an opinion of the clique.