Video: Dak’s contract will cripple the Cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don't like Dak-Lover?
Well, Allen, Darnold, and Wentz beat us bad last season and made Dak look like a 3rd string QB.
SELL DAK or BUST baby!!! LOL....Again I have to ask when Dak leaves for another team are you following him?????
Beating this defense is no accomplishment lol.

reddyuta

Reaction score
these anti -dak threads are the most pointless ever.He is going to get paid-Dak knows it,the Jones definitely know it and i bet the OP knows it too.

Hardline

Reaction score
Lol..

Those guys were terrible players though.

Yeah... If we start a terrible QB then we will struggle.

Dalton is far from terrible regardless of what the ESPN highlight watchers and the I only look at statistics crowd think.

If it’s me I’m drafting a guy. I would’ve gone all in on Tua this past draft and even considered Herbert.
Throw Jalen Love in there too.
I would've taken him and ended the Dak crap at the same time.
Dak then would ether wisen up and signed or demanded a trade.

Hardline

Reaction score
So he's special? Had the greatest receiver of all time and could do nothing with him...that Matthew Stafford?
Jerry Rice never played for the Lions.

Calvin Johnson was a pro bowl WR.
Stafford did do something with him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Nobody said he needed a great defense. People just said he needed something better than the worst special teams and the worst team in regards to turnovers. You can't be "the worst at" on 2 out of the 3 facets of the game. That's disaster for any quarterback.

Yes, but if anybody does say that he needs a great defense, it's considered a criticism, meaning he's not good enough to win a SB for the Dallas Cowboys unless he has that, whereas if the Cowboys had another quarterback, e.g. Dalton taking over, it would happen.

Russell Wilson is widely considered one of, and by many, the best NFL quarterbacks. An "elite" quarterback, one who can "carry the team on his back" and "make everyone around him better".

Yet the two years he "led" his team to the Super Bowl, Seattle had the number one overall defense. Without that, he's not been back to the Super Bowl.

So to pose a question, does the "elite" quarterback, one that can win SBs without a great defense, really exist? The last SB P. Manning won, he had an poor, comparatively speaking, regular and playoff season. But he still "won" the SB. How, if he wasn't a "great" quarterback at the time.

The number one, and by definition therefore, great defense was undoubtedly a massive part of that season.

Of course it's not that simple, the Saints deserved to be in the SB a couple more times, based on their regular season, but one poor defensive play and one poor officiating call ruined those seasons' opportunity. Having the great offense/defense was negated by those two plays, both were very late game plays, normally one play doesn't define a game, but if the plays are the last one of the game, or close enough to it, they do. Patriots were extremely lucky to win their last SB, again a very late game play, the absolutely imbecilic play call probably (but you never know, maybe Beast mode would have fumbled, etc.) cost them a second SB win. Aaron Rodgers is "elite", by nearly all accounts, but he's only been to one SB.

Just saying that to concentrate on having the great defense or offense, and achieving that, doesn't guarantee championships. Can't place the blame on Dak, or the defense, or the coaching entirely, but they all play a part in winning or losing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson was a pro bowl WR.
Stafford did do something with him.
Oh please.
OIG2DU4XBWRHAMG7ZK33UREIPE.jpg

Calvin+Johnson+Jeff+Heath+Dallas+Cowboys+v+0xZV4G2uNwSl.jpg

Yeah Stafford made this happen lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What would cripple the team is not having a capable QB.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lmao. How many times have I heard this . The salary cap has never been an issue for the Cowboys and it never will be. We always find a way. From restructuring all the way up to inflated dollars. It talking pennies in the overall picture. Four years from now 40 50 million will be the highest paid quarterback. And you’ll be *****ing then to

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes, but if anybody does say that he needs a great defense, it's considered a criticism, meaning he's not good enough to win a SB for the Dallas Cowboys unless he has that, whereas if the Cowboys had another quarterback, e.g. Dalton taking over, it would happen.

Russell Wilson is widely considered one of, and by many, the best NFL quarterbacks. An "elite" quarterback, one who can "carry the team on his back" and "make everyone around him better".

Yet the two years he "led" his team to the Super Bowl, Seattle had the number one overall defense. Without that, he's not been back to the Super Bowl.

So to pose a question, does the "elite" quarterback, one that can win SBs without a great defense, really exist? The last SB P. Manning won, he had an poor, comparatively speaking, regular and playoff season. But he still "won" the SB. How, if he wasn't a "great" quarterback at the time.

The number one, and by definition therefore, great defense was undoubtedly a massive part of that season.

Of course it's not that simple, the Saints deserved to be in the SB a couple more times, based on their regular season, but one poor defensive play and one poor officiating call ruined those seasons' opportunity. Having the great offense/defense was negated by those two plays, both were very late game plays, normally one play doesn't define a game, but if the plays are the last one of the game, or close enough to it, they do. Patriots were extremely lucky to win their last SB, again a very late game play, the absolutely imbecilic play call probably (but you never know, maybe Beast mode would have fumbled, etc.) cost them a second SB win. Aaron Rodgers is "elite", by nearly all accounts, but he's only been to one SB.

Just saying that to concentrate on having the great defense or offense, and achieving that, doesn't guarantee championships. Can't place the blame on Dak, or the defense, or the coaching entirely, but they all play a part in winning or losing.

Russell won the Super Bowl on his rookie deal.

Seattle has been ok since then while he has been playing at a high level.

Even high level QB play doesn’t overcome expensive QB contracts and you can make the case that he is at least worth his contract where as Dak has no business getting that kind of money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Very good point. I agree.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You’re right.

I do know he will get paid.

I also know that we will not be closer to getting to a Superbowl for it.
So you know it’s not about money. It’s just about your perspective on our quarterback. Well I disagree with you my cowboy brother. I think the kid is a leader and he will get a ring. Everything will fall in place

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lmao. How many times have I heard this . The salary cap has never been an issue for the Cowboys and it never will be. We always find a way. From restructuring all the way up to inflated dollars. It talking pennies in the overall picture. Four years from now 40 50 million will be the highest paid quarterback. And you’ll be *****ing then to

Paying a QB more than 13% of the cap and winning a Super Bowl has been an issue for all 32 teams.

Nobody said that we couldn’t pay Dak and still get our standard ho hum results.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Paying a QB more than 13% of the cap and winning a Super Bowl has been an issue for all 32 teams.

Nobody said that we couldn’t pay Dak and still get our standard ho hum results.
Then why bring it up with your argument. The bottom line is you don’t like him I’d have more respect if you just come out and say it .