Video: Dak’s contract will cripple the Cowboys

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Right. See I need someone who says "so and so will cripple your team" to back that claim up. Because Goff's contract isn't killing the Rams It was Gurley and Cooks contracts. Wentz isn't killing the Eagles its the fact they have big money taken up by 3 defensive tackles as well as Alshon Jeffrey's and Desean Jackson.

And the issue may happen with the Cowboys if Lawrence doesn't play better.

These guys want to eliminate the quarterback money but not discuss the team having money allocated to players who don't deserve it.
Gurley's contract is not crippling anyone. RB contracts pale in compatison to QB contracts and it's almost impossible for them to cripple anything.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
i also think there is a team stupid enough to do it.. I’m not sure which one but someone would get stupid for a QB.

If someone was willing to pay Kirk Cousins someone would be willing to pay Dak. Getting stupid for a QB is not wanting to pay one and ending up like the Commanders. Since they moved on from Cousins they’ve only won 10 games the past two seasons. They’ll once again be battling the Giants for the NFC East basement in 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If someone was willing to pay Kirk Cousins someone would pay Dak. Getting stupid for a QB is not wanting to pay one and ending up like the Commanders.

Yeah they are really missing out on what the Vikings have had.

They got unlucky with Alex Smith or there would’ve been zero drop off on the overall results.

Fortunately though.. Being bad is better than being mediocre and getting a player like Chase Young is worth it.

Cousins had lost Diggs now too..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah they are really missing out on what the Vikings have had.

They got unlucky with Alex Smith or there would’ve been zero drop off on the overall results.

Fortunately though.. Being bad is better than being mediocre and getting a player like Chase Young is worth it.

Cousins had lost Diggs now too..

The Commanders missed out big time last year. While they were sitting home with a 3-13 record and the second overall pick, Cousins was leading Minnesota to the playoffs. Only you would think Alex Smith could have done anything in Washington. Everyone who knows football said he was a downgrade over Cousins. The Commanders went with your blueprint for failure by allowing the better QB to walk and going with a cheaper, lesser option. They’ve only won 10 games the past two seasons. They won’t be much better this season unless Haskins turns into something.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Commanders missed out big time last year. While they were sitting home with a 3-13 record and the second overall pick, Cousins was leading Minnesota to the NFC title game. Only you would think Alex Smith could have done anything in Washington. Everyone who knows football said he was a downgrade over Cousins. The Commanders went with your blueprint for failure by allowing the better QB to walk and going with a cheaper, lesser option. They’ve only won 10 games the past two seasons.

They didn’t go to the NFC championship..

They lost in the divisional round.

They could do that with a scrub like Case Keenum.. No need to spend all that money on Cousins if they want to win a wildcard game and get eliminated..

The goal is to win the Super Bowl KJJ. I think Cowboy fans have forgotten that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They didn’t go to the NFC championship..

They lost in the divisional round.

They could do that with a scrub like Case Keenum.. No need to spend all that money on Cousins if they want to win a wildcard game and get eliminated..

The goal is to win the Super Bowl KJJ. I think Cowboy fans have forgotten that.

Right, they won in the wildcard round then lost in the divisional round while the Commanders were sitting home with a 3-13 record. The only reason the Vikings won games in 2018 with Case Keenum is because of their defense, which is why they dumped him. In Denver Keenum couldn’t do crap because they didn’t have a defense that could win games. The goal is to win a Super Bowl and to win one you need a solid QB. The Cowboys are never going to win another championship relying on an average low priced QB and their defense to win games. The Cowboys will never have the type of team/defense to carry a QB to a championship. They’re a QB dependent team. They need solid consistent play from their QB to have any chance in postseason.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Price, cap,,, funny how so many think that signing an average QB at market price now means anything.
Its not about the money, its about the talent.
You’re absolutely correct. And Prescott is the winner. Above average quarterback. And the numbers prove it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And having better metrics than Carson Wentz means what exactly?
Wentz is the standard....lol
It shows you that he was the best quarterback in his draft class. So until you find somebody that’s better pay him.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s been an issue.. Teams are now just starting to acknowledge it like Stephen did last week in an interview.

Rookie contract QBs and vets taking discounts win Super Bowls.

13% of the cap or less is winning Superbowls.

Obnoxious pay me all the money deals are winning squat.
Ridiculous The difference between rookies and veterans is nothing more than scrutinizing. Thinking you know what you have and that’s on coaching not the quarterbacks

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Price, cap,,, funny how so many think that signing an average QB at market price now means anything.
Its not about the money, its about the talent.
Look at the guy who agrees with you. Should tell you everything

csirl

Reaction score
Then you think far too highly of Dalton. And I can't blame you because you didn't watch him play and you are probably one of these guys that hears "he made the playoffs in his first 4 years".

You watch these guys play you can tell what is what. I think its easy for people to assume because a guy doesn't have a great supporting cast that if he had one he'd be even better. But that's never how it works.

No, I've watched Dak play. Mechanics just arent good enough and after 4 years of starting, the steep learning curve has past - any improvement will only be marginal. Dalton's mechanics are much better, but he seems to be in decline. Much of a much between them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, I've watched Dak play. Mechanics just arent good enough and after 4 years of starting, the steep learning curve has past - any improvement will only be marginal. Dalton's mechanics are much better, but he seems to be in decline. Much of a much between them.

The thing is.. Most guys in this league will rip defenses apart with a clean pocket and weapons on the outside. Throw in a run game that can dictate defenses coverages and you have a recipe for success.

If Dalton had to play we would be fine. More than fine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I got this!!!!

Brees, Flacco, Eli. All got huge contracts, all showed a huge regression in team talent due to having to let players walk so they could pay their QB.

Done.
Yeah those three teams started sucking because they kept screwing up the draft. Do you need to see how many 1st round picks those teams screwed up? Cowboys don’t have that issue. You can’t give your quarterback big money and still suck in the first and second round of drafts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gurley's contract is not crippling anyone. RB contracts pale in compatison to QB contracts and it's almost impossible for them to cripple anything.
You think you can just invest 15 million into a player that gives you 800 rushing yards? You don’t think that’s crippling and when when you add Cooke contract? Alright. Keep signing unproductive players and see how far you get.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Dak knows that and doesn't care, and that's why he needs to play for another team next year.

He is greedy and has zero class.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah because great mechanics result into wins.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
How did Dak Prescott step into, according to many here, the most stacked offense of all time if Tony Romo was still under his massive contract in 2016? How was Dallas able to build a championship roster just loaded with talent with one of the richest contract in NFL history still on the books?