Dak’s First 3 games were fool’s gold

jnday

Reaction score
Your last sentence is nonsense in response to me because it suggests I am lauding Dak and dismissing the Saints game based on the first 3 games. I clearly did not do that. I simply said it's wrong to act as if Dak is devoid of talent, and you embellished from there.

I fully understand that the first 3 games were against weaker opponents, which is why it would have been wrong to make definitive judgements based on those 3 games. But that doesn't mean those games should be dismissed altogether. And this past game shouldn't be dismissed altogether because it was just one game. The reality is the jury is still out.
I don’t mean to hurt your ego, but you never crossed my mind when I posted this. I honestly don’t know who you are or where you stand in the topic.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly a guy that is "dry on talent" couldn't do what he did the first 3 weeks, nor what he did as a rookie or even the past 3 seasons. The question is really more can he make the quick decisions to exploit teams that put a lot of pressure on him, particularly if the running game isn't working. That, in a nutshell, is what will determine how successful is.

So far when he has to do the above (in bold) he falls flat on his face and takes us with him to loss city......sorry but this is NOT Franchise QB material!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys,

I don't believe that Dak is "Fools Gold". Full disclosure, I've never believed that Dak was Rodgers or would ever be that kind of QB but I do believe that he has a good chance to become a really good QB, the kind of QB who can lead a team to a Championship if he has enough around him and that's not just players, that's quality coaching and management as well. I'm seriously tired of watching our fan base create division within itself. I've watched it for so many years with Tony and I feel like we are close. I believe that this kid can develop into a QB who has a chance to win a championship. I don't believe he is ever going to be one of those QBs who is mentioned with the Marino or Elway or insert name here. That's OK, he doesn't need to be that but fans need to stop with this. He is what he is. Not every fan is going to agree that he deserves to be paid top dollar and some of you are going to think that he does just because he is the next guy standing in some mythical line. All of that is outside of football so at the very least, maybe we hang that up till next off season. Fans should not be called troll or whatever other stupid BS name because they have opinions, either way. This board doesn't need those kinds of posters IMO. Most of you came here to talk Cowboy Football, did you come here to circle jerk with everybody else and just blindly agree? I don't think so. It's OK to have an opinion, it's great to be able to speak about it and have discussion. It's not OK to attack and make this place hostile towards other posters. I don't understand when that became OK. I hope you all understand my point of view.

OK, off the soap box......

Respect your opinion but at the end of the day America's team deserves better!!!!

P.S. Concerning that so called talent Dak needs around him granted and agreed but then you have to sacrifice elsewhere on defense for example etc etc as Cap is a reality and no way around it.
There is only one solution here as the team is still young and it would be a shame to lose another generation of good talent due to a QB with limited talent abilities.....Go QB shopping in the spring!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did say “some of you”, which was referring to some of the Dak lovers instead of lumping all of you together.
I don’t mean to hurt your ego, but you never crossed my mind when I posted this. I honestly don’t know who you are or where you stand in the topic.
i never crossed your mind as you directly quoted my post, directly responded to me, and referred to to me as “some of you guys” ... lol, okay.

Hey, come to think of it, you never crossed my mind when I wrote this either ... lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So far when he has to do the above (in bold) he falls flat on his face and takes us with him to loss city......sorry but this is NOT Franchise QB material!
You must be thrilled you could actually post again after hiding in your moms basement for 3 weeks. Lol

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak didn't lose this game.
fumbles by Zeke and Witten were total momentum killers..even though Zeke did not really fumble....sticking up for the refs bad calls from replay is wrong....if its obvious have to reverse...its irrelevant even if ball was moving before elbow touched because ball was not out of control or dislodged..it was not until elbow touched that ball dislodged....but regardless it was momentum killer...and not running RPO's and not employing more play action ticked me off so much...i am
convinced this comes from Garrett who cannot help but overthink things.."they would never think we again would run into the teeth of their D so lets do it"..Wrong

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The People are asking can he win without Zeke performing????

Without Zeke and Witten fumbling he probably would have. In any case, without question it wasn't one of his better games, but it wasn't a performance that was incapable of winning without the fumbles and all the back breaking penalties.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dude, you quoted his post, lmao...

Brax

Reaction score
@PAPPYDOG after a Cowboys loss.

giphy.gif
this is low even for you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Respect your opinion but at the end of the day America's team deserves better!!!!

P.S. Concerning that so called talent Dak needs around him granted and agreed but then you have to sacrifice elsewhere on defense for example etc etc as Cap is a reality and no way around it.
There is only one solution here as the team is still young and it would be a shame to lose another generation of good talent due to a QB with limited talent abilities.....Go QB shopping in the spring!!!

That's all that we can ask for. Respect opinions. Doesn't mean you can't have one of your own. Doesn't mean you are a troll. Doesn't even mean I'm right and your wrong.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Dak is who he is always has been. He hasn't made this astronomical leap to be in the class of Mahomes, Rodgers, and Brady. He just isn't as good as he was made out to be in the first 3 games, and probably not as bad as the comments that will come tonight
Anyone trying to suggest that he is on Mahomes level is foolish anyway. That said, he has shown quite a bit ever since last year so as with others I aim to see more. But I do think he has gotten better than he was. Time will tell if he transforms into the force multiplier as thats the final step to being THAT guy

Hadenough

Reaction score
The first 3 games of this season were obviously fools gold.

After this abomination on Sunday Night Football, its clear Dak isnt and will never be who you homers think he is.

10 points against the:

28th ranked defense in yards per game
27th ranked defense in points per game
30th ranked defense in yards per play

Need I go on?

Let the ad-hominem and personal insults ensue :flagwave:
You nailed it! Now Dak is stinking it up against the Packers. No big surprise!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I hope someone was able to get in contact with Canton to postpone Dak's induction ceremony.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score

After this abomination on Sunday Night Football, its clear Dak isnt and will never be who you homers think he is.

10 points against the:

Need I go on?

Spot on. It's about time we call this team what they are. S O F T.

Southern0005

Reaction score

10 points against the:

Need I go on?

Exactly ...now look at him. Against a decent defense...lol