Dak’s First 3 games were fool’s gold

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Romo and Dez would have gutted out these Aints for at least 30 pts....
Can't win in the NFL with 10 pts.....
P.S. Maybe unless you're the Bears......

...and that includes everyone who gave you a "like" for that hideous comment as well. :lmao2:
@Afigueroa22 @wilfred @catiii @WillieBeamen @black label @Zeke-2K-Yards
@65fastback2plus2 @Swagger @pjtoadie @DejectedFan1996

3c3msp.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott is dripping with intangibles but dry on talent.

That's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me Wentz.
Clearly a guy that is "dry on talent" couldn't do what he did the first 3 weeks, nor what he did as a rookie or even the past 3 seasons. The question is really more can he make the quick decisions to exploit teams that put a lot of pressure on him, particularly if the running game isn't working. That, in a nutshell, is what will determine how successful is.

Number1

Reaction score
That's why I kept my mouth closed. I'm not ready to jump on the Dak sucks bandwagon either. It's still too early in the season.
I like Dak's fire and determination to get better. We'll see where things go from here.

I went over the tape last night. and I'm really wondering how much authority Dak has at the LOS

I'd say he has a limited set of audibles on each play. And unlike the first 3 games there were not deep outlets built into the progression on most passing plays.

that's a coaching mistake which strikes me as insane

progressions are often built out as

SML, short medium long
LMS, long medium short
SLM, short long medium
SSL, short short long
your 4th read is back to the first read who should be running to open space - back to the QB or breaking deep

we saw a lot of MLS and LML in the first 3 games

what a QB can change is moving people round to gain matches and expose coverage
remember - the D doesn't know who's play X is this system (it ain't as simple as Dez X, Williams Y, and Beasley Z)
the route each one runs is fixed where ever they line up, but they may be running an option route to begin with

if your passing game plan is built on S & M - your QB is hand cuffed at the LOS

in game 4 they didn't have too many Ls built into the progressions,
in other words they didn't try to go deep in the game plan
that was a conscious choice - WHY?

makes no sense with personnel selected for play-action-deep
it is easy to defend Austin, Cooper, and Smith's speed if they never go long

if you're gonna run that game plan then you need huge WRs like, Dez / Julio
and or wing men who can do real damage damage in the flats - like Pollard or Smith

and that kinda get's to the crux of it - with Gallup off the field why were't Coop and Smith going deep ... ?
ending the game with 1 target to Smith and none to Pollard, 0 targets of WRs deep ... it's kinda crazy

I can't put that on Dak, could someone else have done better yeah, there are maybe 5 + vets who've spent their career in the short game ... but ain't that what the new system was supposed to get rid of?

Putting square pegs in round holes is hard. But Dak could have executed better.

but I'm really wondering why the heck anyone thought that game plan a good idea

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The first 3 games of this season were obviously fools gold.

After this abomination on Sunday Night Football, its clear Dak isnt and will never be who you homers think he is.

10 points against the:

28th ranked defense in yards per game
27th ranked defense in points per game
30th ranked defense in yards per play

Need I go on?

Let the ad-hominem and personal insults ensue :flagwave:
Poor Dak...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The first 3 games of this season were obviously fools gold.

After this abomination on Sunday Night Football, its clear Dak isnt and will never be who you homers think he is.

10 points against the:

28th ranked defense in yards per game
27th ranked defense in points per game
30th ranked defense in yards per play

Need I go on?

Let the ad-hominem and personal insults ensue :flagwave:
Sorry. You turn the ball over twice. You have to drop third-down drive-killing passes. That's how you lose football games I don't care who you're playing

jnday

Reaction score
Prescott is dripping with intangibles but dry on talent.

That's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me Wentz.
If only the Cowboys would have made the necessary moves needed to make Wentz a Cowboy, we could be basking in the glory of being fans of a victorious Super Bowl team that would be on the road to being a dynasty. That one player acquisition would have lead the team to the promise land.

jnday

Reaction score
Guys,

I don't believe that Dak is "Fools Gold". Full disclosure, I've never believed that Dak was Rodgers or would ever be that kind of QB but I do believe that he has a good chance to become a really good QB, the kind of QB who can lead a team to a Championship if he has enough around him and that's not just players, that's quality coaching and management as well. I'm seriously tired of watching our fan base create division within itself. I've watched it for so many years with Tony and I feel like we are close. I believe that this kid can develop into a QB who has a chance to win a championship. I don't believe he is ever going to be one of those QBs who is mentioned with the Marino or Elway or insert name here. That's OK, he doesn't need to be that but fans need to stop with this. He is what he is. Not every fan is going to agree that he deserves to be paid top dollar and some of you are going to think that he does just because he is the next guy standing in some mythical line. All of that is outside of football so at the very least, maybe we hang that up till next off season. Fans should not be called troll or whatever other stupid BS name because they have opinions, either way. This board doesn't need those kinds of posters IMO. Most of you came here to talk Cowboy Football, did you come here to circle jerk with everybody else and just blindly agree? I don't think so. It's OK to have an opinion, it's great to be able to speak about it and have discussion. It's not OK to attack and make this place hostile towards other posters. I don't understand when that became OK. I hope you all understand my point of view.

OK, off the soap box......
This post is just one example of why you are such a well respected poster on this board. Great post as usual.

jnday

Reaction score
Clearly a guy that is "dry on talent" couldn't do what he did the first 3 weeks, nor what he did as a rookie or even the past 3 seasons. The question is really more can he make the quick decisions to exploit teams that put a lot of pressure on him, particularly if the running game isn't working. That, in a nutshell, is what will determine how successful is.
The first three games are overrated wins due to the low level of competition. It seems like some of you will be grasping to those games for years to justify your opinions.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first three games are overrated wins due to the low level of competition. It seems like some of you will be grasping to those games for years to justify your opinions.

Yeah, really. Who cares about beating the Eli-led Giants, an awful Commanders team and the historically bad Dolphins?

If that's all you got in support of the improvement of this QB then you got nothing.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your last sentence is nonsense in response to me because it suggests I am lauding Dak and dismissing the Saints game based on the first 3 games. I clearly did not do that. I simply said it's wrong to act as if Dak is devoid of talent, and you embellished from there.

I fully understand that the first 3 games were against weaker opponents, which is why it would have been wrong to make definitive judgements based on those 3 games. But that doesn't mean those games should be dismissed altogether. And this past game shouldn't be dismissed altogether because it was just one game. The reality is the jury is still out.

jnday

Reaction score
Your last sentence is nonsense in response to me because it suggests I am lauding Dak and dismissing the Saints game based on the first 3 games. I clearly did not do that. I simply said it's wrong to act as if Dak is devoid of talent, and you embellished from there.

I fully understand that the first 3 games were against weaker opponents, which is why it would have been wrong to make definitive judgements based on those 3 games. But that doesn't mean those games should be dismissed altogether. And this past game shouldn't be dismissed altogether because it was just one game. The reality is the jury is still out.
I did say “some of you”, which was referring to some of the Dak lovers instead of lumping all of you together.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah, really. Who cares about beating the Eli-led Giants, an awful Commanders team and the historically bad Dolphins?

If that's all you got in support of the improvement of this QB then you got nothing.

Man your stance on Dak is really softening Risen.

At your current rate,10 years from now you’ll actually think Dak is a solid NFL starter.

Baby steps I suppose.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zman5

Reaction score
I went over the tape last night. and I'm really wondering how much authority Dak has at the LOS

if your passing game plan is built on S & M - your QB is hand cuffed at the LOS
but I'm really wondering why the heck anyone thought that game plan a good idea

Are you saying, Moore wanted S&M and had Dak in handcuffs?
Kinky Keallen strikes again!

Qcard

Reaction score
If only the Cowboys would have made the necessary moves needed to make Wentz a Cowboy, we could be basking in the glory of being fans of a victorious Super Bowl team that would be on the road to being a dynasty. That one player acquisition would have lead the team to the promise land.
Which one of our backups started and won in the Superbowl in your Utopia?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did say “some of you”, which was referring to some of the Dak lovers instead of lumping all of you together.
You quoted me directly, and in response to me and my quote you wrote the words “some of you ...”. I am the “you” in that comment, so it’s pretty silly to suggest now you werent lumping me in.

Last edited: