CFZ Dak’s Interceptions, meaningless facts where I found no meaning

FVSTONE

Reaction score
4 Losses
  • TB - 1 INT…..totally dominated start to finish.
  • GB - 2 first half INTs….came back for 28-14 lead. Defense allowed 14 points in 4th quarter. Lost on OT FG.
  • Jacks - 2 INTs. Defense gave up 27 points in second half. Almost in FG range to win. Pick six off Brown’s hands ended game.
  • Wash - pick six in first half after fumbles by punter and punt returner…dominated start to finish.
Target when passes Intercepted
  • Pollard 1
  • Hendershot 1
  • Gallup 2
  • Lamb 2
  • Brown 4
  • Shultz 5
All turnovers hurt momentum and sometimes the score during the game. Only 1 interception cost us the game or led to a winning score, Jacksonville. Others had no more impact on the W or L than a penalty or missed tackle or blown coverage. Some were the receiver’s fault; some were just good plays by the defense on tight plays…it happens. A couple could be attributed to being hit in mid-delivery.

However, way too many were poor decisions (pressing) or bad throws. An INT to the Washington LB for a TD last season didn’t bother me because it was easy to tell Dak didn’t see him behind another player….that happens to all QBs making good reads, good decisions and throwing to what looks like an open guy. I’m not the type to blame every bad result on the QB….the defensive players and coaches get paid too. But Dak has had way too many bad decisions for a veteran QB this season. It is uncharacteristic because no one can find a season like this in Dak’s career, but just because it is uncharacteristic doesn’t mean it isn’t concerning.

Dak is our best and only option at QB. Those of us who are fans of Dak hope this doesn’t continue into next season, but Jerry better bring in a viable draft pick or veteran backup QB this off-season. Dak is a veteran, confident and strong minded, so I’m not at all worried about his feelings. Evenif he turns that trend around in the playoffs, I still support bringing in a rookie with talent or a veteran backup, maybe both. I love what Rush did for us this year, but he did it when the OL was in better shape and the defense was being talked about like one of the very best, holding teams under 20 every week. No one would want to see him in a must win game now, and even if Dak craps the bed in a playoff game, the team would never bring him in to try for a spark.

Dak must be better and get back to his better play, but Jerry also needs to have a plan in place that’s more substantial than having two guys on the practice squad in the wings.
Go Cowboys!
Prescot is an over hyped, overpaid lousy QB!

mldardy

Reaction score
Dak needs to become Eli Manning in this playoff run. Eli in my book was a very mediocre QB, but on those two SB runs he became magical unfortunately. Thats exactly what we need from Dak starting Monday Night!
Becoming anyone of Eli, Flacco, or Foles will do. Those QBs were mistake free in their playoff runs. Combined 32 TDs and 3 INTs in those Super Bowl championships.

Aven8

Reaction score
If he throws picks in the playoffs it’s trouble.. If he holds in to the ball and takes sacks that’s a problem. The way to fix it. Dak needs to run with it. If no one is open he needs to scramble..
He’s becoming Rothelisberger lately holding the ball too long trying to make a play. Dump the ball down and go onto the next play already!

Brax

Reaction score
I would say for you to grow up, but clearly, you never did. Big mouth little man who can't handle the facts that destroy his Dak hatred. Maybe the problem is in between your ears.
Tough guy behind that keyboard with tears dripping down, no where did I mention Dak but you being a Dak sack hanger can’t get him off your mind. I said wait till the end before posting your drivel and excuses but you can’t help yourself. Let’s see what happens before you condemn everyone not named Dak. LOL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's interesting that Dallas is near the top at run blocking, yet near the bottom at pass blocking.
Agreed. Noticed the same thing. What's worse is how the Cowboys Oline did not show up at all yesterday with the run, which seriously destroyed this Offense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tough guy behind that keyboard with tears dripping down, no where did I mention Dak but you being a Dak sack hanger can’t get him off your mind. I said wait till the end before posting your drivel and excuses but you can’t help yourself. Let’s see what happens before you condemn everyone not named Dak. LOL
Your commentary history makes one refer to such a topic.

pitt33

Reaction score
Chuck…

Dak talks a good game. Spews the same garbage post game. He says he’s mentally strong.

I say he’s the exact opposite.

You can see it in his face. It shows in his play. He’s lost whatever mojo he had.

Monday night will be brutal.

He’s an accident waiting to happen.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
It actually tells a lot, but it's understandable some don't understand that.
I'm not on anyone's side here. But it's 3 screen shots of what looks to be 3 different plays with no context. What was happening just before this, or just after? You can probably take a bunch of pics of most plays and cherry pick the ones that support what you want it to.
That being said I do agree that our receivers are rarely running free like we see the opposing teams receivers do all too often.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hope you feel better after wasting time writing that up . Dak blows, face it son !
I don’t feel it was waisted time at all. It allowed you to wax eloquently on a well thought out post. Success is sweet!

glimmerman

Reaction score
He’s becoming Rothelisberger lately holding the ball too long trying to make a play. Dump the ball down and go onto the next play already!
Yeah and the playcalling was really obvious. Moore was calling the same plays back to back. The pick 6 was the same play. Teams aren’t watching Brown so Dak is throwing to him or Shultz and they are dropping passes. Use the young TE’s. We have a hard enough time brady. We need to play mistake free. And get turnovers..

gtb1943

Reaction score
Dak needs to become Eli Manning in this playoff run. Eli in my book was a very mediocre QB, but on those two SB runs he became magical unfortunately. Thats exactly what we need from Dak starting Monday Night!
Magical? What crap. he rode a great D to those two rings. The Helmet play was one in a million by a guy who Never caught another pass in the NFL.
AND you forgot the pick that was DROPPED the previous play
Now he was better the second time around but magical? Go root for the midgets like you clearly want to

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
4 Losses
  • TB - 1 INT…..totally dominated start to finish.
  • GB - 2 first half INTs….came back for 28-14 lead. Defense allowed 14 points in 4th quarter. Lost on OT FG.
  • Jacks - 2 INTs. Defense gave up 27 points in second half. Almost in FG range to win. Pick six off Brown’s hands ended game.
  • Wash - pick six in first half after fumbles by punter and punt returner…dominated start to finish.
Target when passes Intercepted
  • Pollard 1
  • Hendershot 1
  • Gallup 2
  • Lamb 2
  • Brown 4
  • Shultz 5
All turnovers hurt momentum and sometimes the score during the game. Only 1 interception cost us the game or led to a winning score, Jacksonville. Others had no more impact on the W or L than a penalty or missed tackle or blown coverage. Some were the receiver’s fault; some were just good plays by the defense on tight plays…it happens. A couple could be attributed to being hit in mid-delivery.

However, way too many were poor decisions (pressing) or bad throws. An INT to the Washington LB for a TD last season didn’t bother me because it was easy to tell Dak didn’t see him behind another player….that happens to all QBs making good reads, good decisions and throwing to what looks like an open guy. I’m not the type to blame every bad result on the QB….the defensive players and coaches get paid too. But Dak has had way too many bad decisions for a veteran QB this season. It is uncharacteristic because no one can find a season like this in Dak’s career, but just because it is uncharacteristic doesn’t mean it isn’t concerning.

Dak is our best and only option at QB. Those of us who are fans of Dak hope this doesn’t continue into next season, but Jerry better bring in a viable draft pick or veteran backup QB this off-season. Dak is a veteran, confident and strong minded, so I’m not at all worried about his feelings. Evenif he turns that trend around in the playoffs, I still support bringing in a rookie with talent or a veteran backup, maybe both. I love what Rush did for us this year, but he did it when the OL was in better shape and the defense was being talked about like one of the very best, holding teams under 20 every week. No one would want to see him in a must win game now, and even if Dak craps the bed in a playoff game, the team would never bring him in to try for a spark.

Dak must be better and get back to his better play, but Jerry also needs to have a plan in place that’s more substantial than having two guys on the practice squad in the wings.
Go Cowboys!
Let's all PRAY that Dakko can get better!!!!:muttley:
giphy.gif

P.S. Talent is God's work and you either have it or don't and in Daks case well you get the idea!

Section446

Reaction score
They need to remove Dak from the offense, he shouldn't throw more than 25 times a game.