Dak’s MVP case just got stronger

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The sad thing is Dallas could end up 13-4 and still just be the 5 seed. And fair or not, the quarterback of the 5 seed won't get MVP.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dak n Hurts got trashed by the 9ers, but that's the best Defense. Lucky for Purdy he doesn't have to worry about that, but I don't see him winning the MVP. It's hard to believe for me, but Dak has been the guy lighting it up and he deserves the award at the moment. Next 4 games will decide the winner.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’ve always struggled with the MVP conversations simply because what’s the criteria? Best skill player on the best team? Best numbers for the year?

My theoretical test has always been to replace that player with the most mediocre player you can think of and look at how the teams record would be different. How would the cowboys record change if you swapped out Dak for let’s say a geno smith? They probably lose that game against Seattle that’s for sure. Are any other games any different though? Geno for Purdy is probably pretty similar. The only one I think really changes a teams record would be if you removed hurts. For that reason I still probably give the nod to jalen, however these next several weeks Dak has plenty of opportunity to change that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hurts wilted against adversity and Dak willed his team to victory. Dak is the frontrunner now. Hurts was always a fraudulent MVP.
If you want to compare how each QB did against SF, not sure how you conclude that Dak gained ground tonight. They both stunk against that defense.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The sad thing is Dallas could end up 13-4 and still just be the 5 seed. And fair or not, the quarterback of the 5 seed won't get MVP.
Not sure I buy that. If he stays hot and plays well the rest of the season, win or lose, regardless of seed, he has a chance.
It won’t be Purdy. It won’t be Hurts. It won’t be Mahommes this year even though he’s still the best QB by far (they overestimated their receiver group). I’d say Lamar Jackson is still in the conversation. Personally, I don’t care about MVP. Just keep playing well and hope the OL, defense, and supporting cast plays well enough in the playoffs. No QB does it on his own.

nobody

Reaction score
Hurts wilted against adversity and Dak willed his team to victory. Dak is the frontrunner now. Hurts was always a fraudulent MVP.
As well as Dak has been playing the past several games, the Eagles/49ers game did nothing to improve Dak's case. How did he do against the 49ers? That being said, Dak's case is growing by the week thanks to Dak's play.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Too early. The media drives these awards. Next week’s game will control the narrative.

If the Chiefs lose @ Packers tonight I think Mahomes is done and Purdy/Jackson have zero MVP buzz (whether right or wrong).

That’s the list. It takes a historic a season for a non-QB to win, and we don’t have that either.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As well as Dak has been playing the past several games, the Eagles/49ers game did nothing to improve Dak's case. How did he do against the 49ers? That being said, Dak's case is growing by the week thanks to Dak's play.
Of course it did. The only way for Hurts to lose MVP is for his team to lose some games and for him to look not so great. The loss today hurts his MVP case and therefore elevates Dak's. Maybe not by much, but it obviously does.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
II couldn't care less about the MVP award. ARod won back to back MVPs and did nothing in the playoffs. Which do you think Packers fans really cared about?