Dak’s MVP case just got stronger

RonnieT24

Reaction score
IDK Purdy is making a case
Purdy threw what three? TDs that went 5 yards and the receiver went 40 with it. That's why you have to watch the games and not rely solely on the numbers.

Nav22

Reaction score
Purdy threw what three? TDs that went 5 yards and the receiver went 40 with it. That's why you have to watch the games and not rely solely on the numbers.
Same exact thing they used to say about Brady.

"All he does is throw short! System QB!"

The QB's #1 job is to make the correct decision with the football. Period.

Purdy does it at an elite level, and that is why he's currently the MVP favorite.

Per ESPN BET...
Purdy +300
Dak +350
Hurts +350

hitachi14

Reaction score
I honestly don’t want him to win MVP. Brady, Manning, and Rodgers never won MVP and the Super Bowl in the same season, despite there being a ton of MVPs and Super Bowls between them.

I don’t really believe in curses, but I do think there are factors that can make it more difficult to win a SB after winning MVP. Plus, a SB is better for Dak’s legacy than an MVP.

plasticman

Reaction score
Everybody's case just got a lot weaker with the exception of Purdy and McCafferty.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I watched the entire game and I'm not gonna take anything away from the kid, he was poised and ran their offense, he is in the conversation,

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I watched the entire game and I'm not gonna take anything away from the kid, he was poised and ran their offense, he is in the conversation,
I didn't say he wasn't in the conversation. I am simply stating that lionizing him when the bulk of the work is being done by his receivers is silly. But it doesn't matter. Like I keep saying, if Dak continues to play at his current level he will run away with the MVP because he will have led the Cowboys to 14-3, the #1 seed and home field advantage. And he will have done it without the leagues #1 rusher, #1 defense and #1 or #2 offensive line. In other words if the Cowboys run the table it's going to very heavily on Dak's arm and legs. Oh. and his mind.. Dude is not just playing the game at a PhD level.. he's thinking it at a PhD level too!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is not against Purdy but i said during the game last night..he lobs anything he has to throw over 10 yards...I'm pretty sure Cooper Rush has a similar stat line if he played in that scheme they had last night...Purdy made the plays but man the were all 5 to 8 yards passes with a couple of WIDE OPEN 10 yarders...I think he ended with 100 air yards and 200+ yac or something crazy

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'll keep saying this...

the winner of the MVP for the last 10 years (and 19 or last 20) has been on a winning team (check) and has led the league in the combined ranking of stats for Passer Rating and Total TD/Turnovers differential.

Dak is currently tied with Purdy....
Purdy leads in Passer Rating and is 2nd in differential
Dak leads in differential and is 2nd in Passer Rating

But they are NOT going to give the MVP to Purdy...imo.

They want to give it to Lamar, Dak or Hurts...or a long shot non QB like Hill or CMC.

5 more games, so we'll see how it plays out!

DFWJC

Reaction score
This is not against Purdy but i said during the game last night..he lobs anything he has to throw over 10 yards...I'm pretty sure Cooper Rush has a similar stat line if he played in that scheme they had last night...Purdy made the plays but man the were all 5 to 8 yards passes with a couple of WIDE OPEN 10 yarders...I think he ended with 100 air yards and 200+ yac or something crazy

Last I looked, Dak was 5th in air yards and Purdy was 7th.

Last night was extreme though

They are not giving Purdy the MVP though. No way
BUT USA can place off any way they want, but its not happening.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak deserves it more than Purdy. The Cowboys are talented, but they do not have the offensive line or running game the 49ers do. Dak is doing the same (or more) than Purdy with less around him.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Hurts wilted against adversity and Dak willed his team to victory. Dak is the frontrunner now. Hurts was always a fraudulent MVP.
MVP = most valuable player (for his team).

Take Prescott out and put Rush in.
Take Parsons out and put his backup in.
Take Tyler Smith out and put his backup in.
Take Martin out and put his backup in.

In which case we suffer more ?

For me Dak is not the most valuable player on this team. He is not even the 4th most valuable player. I have at least Parsons, Tyler, Martin and Diggs in front of him.

conner01

Reaction score
MVP = most valuable player (for his team).

Take Prescott out and put Rush in.
Take Parsons out and put his backup in.
Take Tyler Smith out and put his backup in.
Take Martin out and put his backup in.

In which case we suffer more ?

For me Dak is not the most valuable player on this team. He is not even the 4th most valuable player. I have at least Parsons, Tyler, Martin and Diggs in front of him.
Diggs is on IR and we are doing well so to say he’s more valuable than Dak is a bit of a stretch. Martin is having the worst season of his career

Mark

Reaction score
I hate "MVP" talk, as the discussion usually focuses more on glamour than merit...singling out QBs more than anyone else who may be deserving of such a subjective award.

Purdy has done a great job in the role he's been assigned to fill in SF. Plays within himself, and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But, take Deebo Samuel away, and his team can't win a game. So, who's the real "MVP" there?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak deserves it more than Purdy. The Cowboys are talented, but they do not have the offensive line or running game the 49ers do. Dak is doing the same (or more) than Purdy with less around him.
All services rank Dallas' Offensive line well ahead of San Francisco's
The last Offensive line ranking I saw had Dallas as 4th best and San Francisco 19th
Another, maybe more realistic ranking that I saw yesterday had Dallas 6th and San Fran 11th.

They do have a better RB though.
WR/TE combos are close but Kittle might put them ahead