Dak’s Potential Comptetion Candidate?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d be more interested in a mid round pick in the draft.

But if we could pick this kid up for basically nothing I’d be ok with it.

5 or 6 QB expected to go in 1st round.

tm1119

Reaction score
Saw this and thought Semien would be a good add too. Trade 1 of our multiple 5th round comp picks for a solid backup that is still young. I wouldn’t even view it as competition, more a quality insurance policy for worst case scenario...either Dak sucking or injury

erod

Reaction score
If they truly opened up the completion and gave equal time with the first unit, I think Cooper Rush would beat out Dak.

That's why I would draft a QB if the opportunity for one they like is there.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Saw this and thought Semien would be a good add too. Trade 1 of our multiple 5th round comp picks for a solid backup that is still young. I wouldn’t even view it as competition, more a quality insurance policy for worst case scenario...either Dak sucking or injury
From the Broncos? Dude lit it up for what, 4 games and then the light switch went off. Not sure what happened there. Let's keep Rush as the backup. No way he is taking Dak's job unless there is an injury.

superonyx

Reaction score
If we need to bring in Trevor Siemian to push Dak then we are in bigger trouble than anyone of us like to admit.

Dak hasn’t been around long enough to require a push.
He is aware of the pressure to succeed. This whole notion of a 3 rd year QB somehow improving because he is being pushed is just disguised Dak hate from people that either don’t get it or do get it and just want to make a statement that Dak sucks.

I see zero evidence that a Daks struggles were from lack of being pushed which means lack of caring or effort.
If they want to help Dak then they would do what the eagles did with Foles and what the rams did with Goff...ask him to do what he does well.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
If we need to bring in Trevor Siemian to push Dak then we are in bigger trouble than anyone of us like to admit.

Dak hasn’t been around long enough to require a push.
He is aware of the pressure to succeed. This whole notion of a 3 rd year QB somehow improving because he is being pushed is just disguised Dak hate from people that either don’t get it or do get it and just want to make a statement that Dak sucks.

I see zero evidence that a Daks struggles were from lack of being pushed which means lack of caring or effort.
If they want to help Dak then they would do what the eagles did with Foles and what the rams did with Goff...ask him to do what he does well.

Exactly. Dak is a driven person and is not lackadaisical. He's out there working with receivers right now trying to correct the issues he faced last season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Broncos interest in shopping Siemian is based on their determination he can't cut it. If we actually were to give up a player or draft pick for a QB I would want it to be for someone that hasn't already been tagged as someone that can't cut it.