Dak’s Potential Comptetion Candidate?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we need to bring in Trevor Siemian to push Dak then we are in bigger trouble than anyone of us like to admit.

Dak hasn’t been around long enough to require a push.
He is aware of the pressure to succeed. This whole notion of a 3 rd year QB somehow improving because he is being pushed is just disguised Dak hate from people that either don’t get it or do get it and just want to make a statement that Dak sucks.

I see zero evidence that a Daks struggles were from lack of being pushed which means lack of caring or effort.
If they want to help Dak then they would do what the eagles did with Foles and what the rams did with Goff...ask him to do what he does well.

I’m a big fan of Dak’s and bear him no hate whatsoever. I also think he’s a gamer who plays better in competitive situations. I believe we’ve seen that many times already in his short career, and I think his competition to keep Romo’s job was a great example of that. He consistently made the right decisions.

Realistically, nobody’s going to take his job, but adding a backup QB who’s legitimsteky started in this league could be a great push for Dak in practices. And it certainly couldn’t hurt the QB room, where we’ve got an inexperienced and unproven backup and then nothing else right now.

Verdict

Reaction score
Simian played adequate for the Broncos. He is a bit of a bus driver. He has more experience than Rush. He's not Drew Brees but he might be Trent Dilferish.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If Cooper Rush becomes the next starting QB, I'll volunteer to be the President of the DC QB Hate Club and constantly bash him. We can't let him slide. He must receive the same treatment Romo and Dak have received.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Prescott is not going to face legitimate competition. I doubt even Cooper Rush gets it.

In fact, I would be impressed if we even drafted a QB.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Haha that's laughable since Dak can throw any pass in the NFL. Maybe he could be better but no way would he make more NFL throws. Don't let the hate blind you

I'm going to be disappointed if Rush is still the back up QB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You honestly think Trevor Simian would be a realistic and good competition option for Dak?
Is this thread real?

I’m ok with bringing in competition for Dak, but Trevor freaking simian? The dude who had every chance possible at Denver to be the guy and who blew it?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You honestly think Trevor Simian would be a realistic and good competition option for Dak?
Is this thread real?

I’m ok with bringing in competition for Dak, but Trevor freaking simian? The dude who had every chance possible at Denver to be the guy and who blew it?

If we are going to get a QB, move up in the draft and get a 1st rounder. I'm tired of this team shopping in the garbage bin for the most important position on the team. UDFA Rudy Ruettiger feel good stories, geriatric over-the-hill, and/or scrub proven losers aren't going to cut it. If they want to move away from Dak then make a move and get a QB you feel you can build around.