Dak 1 yard short of tying Romo's single season franchise passing record; 2 yards shy of rec

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only good game you listed was the Vikings game. The other games he padded his stats. Packers game was done when we were down 31-3. He threw like 300 yards in the 4Q when the Packers went into prevent and put the game away.

Same situation as the Bills game.

Dak is below average. Why is that so hard to admit? Why are people so attached to Dak? People around here treat him like the Ancient Egyptians treated King Tut back in the ancient times.
Your comment was that they didn’t generate offense against good teams, and now you are changing the criteria.

Even so, we closed the gap to 2 scores against the Packers with almost the entire 4th quarter to play, so the game was not over after the poor start, plus, it’s not as if the Packers played a prevent defense for 3 quarters. And your comment about Dak throwing for 300 yards in the 4th quarter is nonsense. The 3rd quarter was his big quarter, and the point in the game that got the score to a point the Cowboys had a chance.

As for the Bills game, there was never a point it was out of reach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He certainly was early in his career, but I think that reputation unfairly stuck with him even as he matured and that issue was reduced dramatically.

I am a big Romo fan. Romo suffered from the same thing that Dak does. horrid scheme and coaching and a lack of defense.

jnday

Reaction score
I love it. Motivation to break it next season.

looks like the trolls took another season straight across the nose.

Not sure there have ever been a group of pathetic fans that have ever been proven more wrong more often.
If anything, this season has proven all of us haters as being right about Dak’s inconsistency. He has proven nothing this year other than to show that he is not consistent from game to game or play to play for that matter. He is inconsistent throwing the ball, reading defenses and even having pocket awareness. He has consistently proven that stats means nothing. He is the poster boy for that.

jnday

Reaction score
Your comment was that they didn’t generate offense against good teams, and now you are changing the criteria.

Even so, we closed the gap to 2 scores against the Packers with almost the entire 4th quarter to play, so the game was not over after the poor start, plus, it’s not as if the Packers played a prevent defense for 3 quarters. And your comment about Dak throwing for 300 yards in the 4th quarter is nonsense. The 3rd quarter was his big quarter, and the point in the game that got the score to a point the Cowboys had a chance.

As for the Bills game, there was never a point it was out of reach.
Considering the QB play, the Bills game was out of reach with the Bills having a field goal lead. The Cowboys was never a threat in that game.

Sully

Reaction score
Dak Prescott finished the 2019 season passing for 4,902 yards, just 1 yard shy of tying Tony Romo's 2012 single season franchise passing record of 4,903 yards.

Dak was only allowed to pass 1 more time (a 1 yard sideline dump to Tavon Austin) after 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The rest of the offensive plays were strictly running plays. Coincidence? I doubt it. Someone must have known Dak needed 1 more passing yard to tie Romo's 2012 franchise single season passing record, and a mere 2 passing yards shy of Dak breaking it.

It is shameful Dak was only allowed to pass the ball 1 time within the last 9 minutes of the game. He deserved a better opportunity to break the franchise single season passing record. He earned that opportunity this year.

What was Dallas record with Romo's 4903 yards passing? Answer: 8-8
What was Dallas record with Prescott's 4902 yards passing? Answer: 8-8

One more thing..... the Top 5 QB in passing yards, did not make the playoffs.
#1- Winston (TB) #2-Prescott (Dal) #3-Goff (LAR) #4- Rivers(LAC) #5-Ryan(ATL)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If anything, this season has proven all of us haters as being right about Dak’s inconsistency. He has proven nothing this year other than to show that he is not consistent from game to game or play to play for that matter. He is inconsistent throwing the ball, reading defenses and even having pocket awareness. He has consistently proven that stats means nothing. He is the poster boy for that.

Trolls like you said he was backup material. Trolls like you said he couldn't pass for 200 yards, 300 yards, 400 yards, lots of TD's. Fools like you said he couldn't throw the deep ball.

And you were dead wrong on all of it.

He led the NFL in passing yards and averaged over 300 yards per game. LOL

The fact that you don't understand what team football means doesn't change any of those things.

Trolls like you like to bring up average stats. I don't hear that anymore because he just blew up the NFL with stats.

Previously....."wins didn't count because it was a team stat"

Now because we went 8-8, all of a sudden, wins matter to you. LOL

Nothing but laughable agenda troll behavior.

Dak will be here for a long time. Better get used to it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Where was Zeke and the running attack when we needed it early in those losses? *crickets*

That's why we had to go pass heavy, because the running attack was no where to be found and caused us to fall behind by 2+ scores early.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

And what about sacks? LOL

Don't hear any more troll nonsense that sacks are a QB stat? Whats the matter? Is it because Dak was only sacked 23 times this year? He was sacked 60 times last year. Did Dak all of a sudden get amazing at avoiding sacks? LOL

What was that you said about pocket awareness?

You trolls cant get out of your own way.

You have been proven dead wrong and its killing you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

And what does that tell you genius? LOL

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is a MAJOR oversight on the Cowboys PR staff. You don't let any player get near a record without communicating that information to the sidelines. :mad:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

And lets put to bed another dumb comment of yours that has been debunked:

"Dak doenst make people around him better"

Two 1000 yard receivers this year in Gallup and Cooper. DOH!!!

Almost never see that in the NFL.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Dak Prescott finished the 2019 season passing for 4,902 yards, just 1 yard shy of tying Tony Romo's 2012 single season franchise passing record of 4,903 yards.

Dak was only allowed to pass 1 more time (a 1 yard sideline dump to Tavon Austin) after 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter. The rest of the offensive plays were strictly running plays. Coincidence? I doubt it. Someone must have known Dak needed 1 more passing yard to tie Romo's 2012 franchise single season passing record, and a mere 2 passing yards shy of Dak breaking it.

It is shameful Dak was only allowed to pass the ball 1 time within the last 9 minutes of the game. He deserved a better opportunity to break the franchise single season passing record. He earned that opportunity this year.

And missed the playoffs again for the 2nd time while starting every game and 0-7 when down 10-0 in 2019

good night

Rayman70

Reaction score
The final question was regarding the Romo record of which he was a single yard short.

He said a few things about when he found out it but his final statement was a very clear, genuine, and succinct “... I didn’t make the playoffs, I don’t deserve to break the record.”

:clap::clap::clap:
that's why I LOVE NUMBER 4. That my friend, is what I want in my leader and franchise QB. Too bad he had shoddy coaching around him. It seemed pieced together with duct tape. the staff was trash.

efh313

Reaction score
that's why I LOVE NUMBER 4. That my friend, is what I want in my leader and franchise QB. Too bad he had shoddy coaching around him. It seemed pieced together with duct tape. the staff was trash.
Let’s hope for better coaching next year and see what happens in 2020!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This does not even register on my radar.

I do not care what player makes a team record.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is a MAJOR oversight on the Cowboys PR staff. You don't let any player get near a record without communicating that information to the sidelines. :mad:
Exactly!

Unless there is an agenda of not wanting Dak to either break Romo's single season franchise passing record or Dak able to reach passing for 5,000+ yards.