Dak 1 yard short of tying Romo's single season franchise passing record; 2 yards shy of rec

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering the QB play, the Bills game was out of reach with the Bills having a field goal lead. The Cowboys was never a threat in that game.
A FG lead is not out of reach until the clock is ticking out at the end of the game, and Dak and the Cowboys didn’t put up all their stats in the last minute of the game

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He has consistently proven that stats means nothing. He is the poster boy for that.
Cowboys fans should be conditioned by now that QB stats are meaningless. We've had to defend our QBs with "stats" since 2006. Some even believe one of our QBs is Hall of Fame worthy because of a high quarterback passer rating stat. Laughable.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes after playing catch up because we were 3 and out in the 1st and 2nd qtr
And why is that (3 and outs in the 1st & 2nd quarters)??? If you Dak haters actually did some game research (re-watch those games), you would know why, thus you would put blame where it truly belongs (Zeke and Oline who?).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A FG lead is not out of reach until the clock is ticking out at the end of the game, and Dak and the Cowboys didn’t put up all their stats in the last minute of the game
Correct on all points, but the haters like to make up lies to fit their agenda.

efh313

Reaction score
Exactly!

Unless there is an agenda of not wanting Dak to either break Romo's single season franchise passing record or Dak able to reach passing for 5,000+ yards.
Actually a PR guy did go running down and it is my opinion that Jerry didn’t want Dak to break Romo’s record during a losing season. Which is why no more pass plays were called.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually a PR guy did go running down and it is my opinion that Jerry didn’t want Dak to break Romo’s record during a losing season. Which is why no more pass plays were called.
The Cowboys didn’t have a losing season, they were 8-8, which, by the way, is the same record the Cowboys had the season Romo set the record.

efh313

Reaction score
The Cowboys didn’t have a losing season, they were 8-8, which, by the way, is the same record the Cowboys had the season Romo set the record.
Sorry, to clarify I meant without a post season appearance. 8-8 is not losing, but neither is it winning.
If I remember correctly, Romo did it in a season where we did have a post season appearance.
That is just from memory though and I could be 100% be wrong.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, to clarify I meant without a post season appearance. 8-8 is not losing, but neither is it winning.
If I remember correctly, Romo did it in a season where we did have a post season appearance.
That is just from memory though and I could be 100% be wrong.
Nope, no post season appearance the year Romo set the record either.

A question to ask is why would they have thrown the ball the last 2 plays of that possession when Dak only needed 3 yards to break the record if they were intentionally trying to keep the record from him?

Beaker42

Reaction score
He’d have had it if not for t Th he drops and penalties that called two long TD’s of Cobb’s back.