Dak 20-25mil or Tyrod Taylor 12-15Million

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
but Minnesota was supposed to be put over the top with Cousins going there and they were worse this year than last were they not?

HungryLion

Reaction score
What exactly has Dak won that Cousins has not? You didn't ask me but I would say that it's because Minnesota is in the same situation we could find ourselves in soon. They paid Cousins too much and now they can't bring in the players they need in order to win it all.

If you look at Cousin's numbers from last season, he blew Daks doors off statistically. It's not even kinda close.

70.1% Comp., 4298 yards, 30 TDs and 10 Ints.

Dak,

67.7% Comp., 3885 yards, 22 TDs and 8 Ints.

I don’t know. Cousins is a good QB. But those stats aren’t that much superior to Dak’s, especially once you factor in how much better Cousins receiving Corp
Was for the majority of the season.

Cousins is a really talented passer, mode
Naturally gifted of a passer than Dak is, but the fact is, he typically does not play well with the game on the line. Dak is the opposite of that. Dak plays his best ball in the 4th quarter. Everyone who has watched cousins play a lot, knows that about him.

Cousins may overcome that one day. But it’s the reality right now. He needs to play better in end of game situations.

JustChip

Reaction score
My original post in this thread was that it's a questoin of what you can do with the $10-15m you save by switching from Dak to Tyrod. If performance is basically the same, and you add another $15m impact player, that's a swap I'd consider. Would the team be better swapping Dak for Tyrod and, say, TY Hillton or Malik Jackson? Robert Woods AND Snacks Harrison? I don't know, but you can make a pretty good case that, based on what the QB in this offense has been asked to do, you'd be in a better spot.

Yes, it's a reasonable argument that adding 1 or 2 high quality players makes the overall team better, but that's only IF nothing is lost at the QB position in going from Dak to Tyrod. Maybe that's the case, maybe not. I wouldn't make the swap though.

Like I said earlier, it's a best-case scenario that you lose nothing in going from Dak to Tyrod. I don't see the point in making a move that depends on a best-case outcome. I've seen Dak with this team be successful and I've not seen Tyrod be successful. I believe Dak is a better QB and hopefully will continue to improve. Time will tell.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I categorically wouldn't make a move to upgrade the QB position, but Tyrod Taylor isn't it. If I'm going to make a change at the QB, it's not going to be for a 7 year retread that has shown he's not the answer to the question. And, frankly, I'm not sure I'd would make it for, say, Sam Darnold. Yes, Darnold is a far more gifted passer, but I see him as the current generation Vinny Testaverde - a turnover machine that is good, but not good enough.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
it going to be interesting to see which players get paid but not to hurt the team

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, it's a reasonable argument that adding 1 or 2 high quality players makes the overall team better, but that's only IF nothing is lost at the QB position in going from Dak to Tyrod. Maybe that's the case, maybe not. I wouldn't make the swap though.

Like I said earlier, it's a best-case scenario that you lose nothing in going from Dak to Tyrod. I don't see the point in making a move that depends on a best-case outcome. I've seen Dak with this team be successful and I've not seen Tyrod be successful. I believe Dak is a better QB and hopefully will continue to improve. Time will tell.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I categorically wouldn't make a move to upgrade the QB position, but Tyrod Taylor isn't it. If I'm going to make a change at the QB, it's not going to be for a 7 year retread that has shown he's not the answer to the question. And, frankly, I'm not sure I'd would make it for, say, Sam Darnold. Yes, Darnold is a far more gifted passer, but I see him as the current generation Vinny Testaverde - a turnover machine that is good, but not good enough.
I had the same type of thoughts on Darnold. Maybe a Drew Bledsoe.

JustChip

Reaction score
I had the same type of thoughts on Darnold. Maybe a Drew Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is a good comparison, too. I'm a casual college football fan so I don't remember seeing Bledsoe at Washington. Same with Vinny except for the Fiesta Bowl National Championship game. It may be simplistic, but a 4 year starter at QB that comes up small in the biggest NCAA game is a harbinger of things to come in the NFL. Vinny threw something like 5 INTs and they were all what I consider unforced errors. I saw that in Darnold, too. Time will tell whether that's right or not.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bledsoe is a good comparison, too. I'm a casual college football fan so I don't remember seeing Bledsoe at Washington. Same with Vinny except for the Fiesta Bowl National Championship game. It may be simplistic, but a 4 year starter at QB that comes up small in the biggest NCAA game is a harbinger of things to come in the NFL. Vinny threw something like 5 INTs and they were all what I consider unforced errors. I saw that in Darnold, too. Time will tell whether that's right or not.
Yup. The kid who looks like he can play is Mayfield. He's the only one that impressed me from the last class.

Allan was way too raw and not ready for NFL passing and it showed. Rudolph didn't play. Hades, Mike White might be one of the better ones, who knows!!!!