Dak, $40M per year and the playoffs

khiladi

Reaction score
Part of claiming to be an elite QB is the ability to read defenses and know when to quick release or let the play develop. Dak struggled with that after the Broncos exposed him. Oh and saying that th Broncos exposed him and the offense isn’t hating Dak, it’s merely identifying that the QB lacks the skill to identify defense on the fly.

They never exposed him, it was always known. It’s just the fact that the RG and OL were so dominant for years, that defenses were forced to play certain coverages. As soon as the chink in the RG happened, it was a chain reaction of horrible QB play.

This is 2019 all over again for Dak. It’s nothing new. The GB, Jets, Patriots, Bears, Saints, Bills and last Eagles games showed this, as well as his choking against the Vikings in the red zone in arguably his best game ever unto that point of his career as far as throwing the ball is concerned show this.

Scotman

Reaction score
I like Dak and think he has everything it takes and a little more. I never liked the contract and still think it was a mistake. But his contract hasn't cost us players yet.

However any one feels about the OP's post...I'm ready to win.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a leader, he's been the heart of this team since he stepped in for Romo and Moore in 2016.
A leader leads to...SOMEWHERE. So far, we have been led around in circles.

If he wants to fulfil his destiny that fans have already bestowed upon him...NOW...is the time. Lead us through a playoff run. Lead us to a meaningful destination.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’m mostly pro Dak and have been watching this board eat it’s own alive over Dak. I think some objectivity is in order. Here are my thoughts on Dak and the upcoming playoffs:
You mean with threads like this one?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Everyone knows how each poster is going to react after this game in regards to Dak. We just need to know the result of the game. Nothing will change. It will be the same reaction it has been for the past 5 seasons.
If they win today and next week and Dak makes some high pressure, crunch time throws when it's do or die, and he avoids crushing errors, I will definitely change my tune. But the fact is he hasn't done that yet in his career. This is his chance.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pappy and his posse only care about the 40 million....even if we win, it won't be enough

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m mostly pro Dak and have been watching this board eat it’s own alive over Dak. I think some objectivity is in order. Here are my thoughts on Dak and the upcoming playoffs:

1. You should be able to count on Dak outplaying Garroppolo based on his contract. Dak should give you a significant advantage at QB in this game.

2. Dak should NOT be the reason you lose in the playoffs. If he is the factor that drags the team down, then he was not worth his contract.

3. Dak has to be playing well enough in the playoffs to give your team a shot to win. He is paid like a top 5 QB and he should be playing like it.

4. You can’t blame Dak regardless of how he plays if the defense is in his lap prior to the expiration of a reasonable amount of time.
not sure why fans keep insisting to talk about contract value. it has nothing to do with this game at this point. its totally irrelevant to anything that is going to happen today.

contract is what contract is at this point in the season. water under the bridge. we need the whole team play well.
but if you want to go that route, then we need 20M/year WR to actually show up. we need the 20M DE show up and make plays and get some sacks and tackles for loss. we need the 15M RB to actually get some tough yards and not get tackled in the backfield as he does. we need the three highly paid OL men to play to their level of contract and actually make a few blocks, protect the QB, open running lanes and not get stood up and pushed back..ala, Smith, Collins, Martin.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I’m 50/50 with Dak. It’s time to put up or shut up. No more excuses. It’s simple, the offense goes as Dak goes.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak has that "it" factor. He plays next level in the playoffs. He's never been the reason why Dallas looses a playoff game.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
It's Dak's tendency to shut down early in big games and not produce until the opposing team has a comfortable lead that is all but insurmountable that gets him in trouble.
He puts up great numbers when opposing defenses play loose once they have a big lead, and his fans use those stats to justify their hero, but usually in a losing effort.
But the repeated three-and-outs in the first parts of games and the second halves of low scoring games are too much for the Cowboys to overcome.
If the Cowboys grab the momentum early, Dak plàys great. But if the opposing team is whipping the Cowboys, Dak will not be the leader that makes the difference in bringing the Cowboys back.
He is not a leader. He follows the rest of the team, and if they do well he feeds off of them.
But when they struggle, he begins to make drive ending bad throws and waits for someone else to be the difference maker.
And what is really bad is that when he struggles he thinks it's someone else's fault.
That's why he's not elite.

He’s definitely not elite like the Bradys or Rodgers of the NFL, but he does play GREAT when his team is clicking. That’s all you can really hope for unless you strike gold on the next phenom like Mahomes.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pappy and his posse only care about the 40 million....even if we win, it won't be enough

LOL......:muttley:
Jerry can give Dak 1 BILLION $ no skin off my back as long as it doesn't go against our CAP!
You are aware the NFL is a CAP league right????
GO, BOYS!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has that "it" factor. He plays next level in the playoffs. He's never been the reason why Dallas looses a playoff game.

Yes...that huge sample size! "Never" been the reason we lost one! You sure about that?

In how many?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He can change a lot of kinds over the next month.

He certainly can. Winning....cures a LOT of ills.

Despite Ranching encouraging division and rancor....even Pappy will give Dak his due. Not just ye leading stats or butt slaps.... but leading wins.

leeblair

Reaction score
He is a leader, he's been the heart of this team since he stepped in for Romo and Moore in 2016.
I think you have the word "leader" misunderstood.
I do not think it means what you think it does.
A leader doesn't wait for someone else to make something happen.
Dak does.

Section446

Reaction score
He certainly can. Winning....cures a LOT of ills.

Despite Ranching encouraging division and rancor....even Pappy will give Dak his due. Not just ye leading stats or butt slaps.... but leading wins.
Yeah, when you're a $40 million a year QB, it's reasonable to expect Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers type play.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is not a bad QB. In three more years he should be Dallas' leader in passing yards. So maybe the team is failing Dak, instead of Dak failing the team.
Citing stats in this no D league is pretty much pointless when comparing to the past league. It's easy for any QB to put up stats in today's league.