Dak, $40M per year and the playoffs

kskboys

Reaction score
Just enjoy the game for crying out loud. It's Game Day. It's the playoffs. It's the Niners. We would have given anything to have this opportunity 12 months ago. Who cares about what very player makes. That has nothing to do with what happens on the field. Your pay doesn't make blocks or catch balls or make calls.

Sit and watch and hope for the best. He will be our QB for a while. McCarthy will be our coach for a while.

It's Game Day. Let's go.
Then why are you in this thread? Never makes sense when someone screams that they just want to cheer, but is then in here arguing and screaming that others should think like they do.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Blah blah blah.

If we lose, no matter who's fault it actually is, yall WILL blame Dak's contract, brother, backyard, commercials, girlfriend, "overconfidence", "lack of confidence", "lack of aggression", "too much aggression", going through reads too quickly, going through reads too slowly, etc.... did I forget anything?

If we win its a "team win".

Funny how that works right?

lukin2006

Reaction score
If this offence lead by Dak can score in the mid 20s or higher in the playoffs then I like our chances. But we need the D to show up…

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I dont know that CWilliams and Badasz have spotless technic. assume they work on it everyday. They’ll need to.If Dak has time we’ll win this game. Oh and defensive tackeling.

Ken

Reaction score
Yeah, when you're a $40 million a year QB, it's reasonable to expect Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers type play.
"$40 million a year" blah blah blah.

His cap hit is $17.2 million this year.

$34.4 million next year.

I know there is a lot of new-fangled math out there...but how exactly does this average 40 million a year?????

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m mostly pro Dak and have been watching this board eat it’s own alive over Dak. I think some objectivity is in order. Here are my thoughts on Dak and the upcoming playoffs:

1. You should be able to count on Dak outplaying Garroppolo based on his contract. Dak should give you a significant advantage at QB in this game.

2. Dak should NOT be the reason you lose in the playoffs. If he is the factor that drags the team down, then he was not worth his contract.

3. Dak has to be playing well enough in the playoffs to give your team a shot to win. He is paid like a top 5 QB and he should be playing like it.

4. You can’t blame Dak regardless of how he plays if the defense is in his lap prior to the expiration of a reasonable amount of time.

I think its safe to say that if the Oline gives Dak time to throw he will tear it up. That much has been proven.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s a symbiotic relationship. You cannot justify eating up a lions share of the salary cap and then complain when the team cannot get you the help you need.

Paying 40 million for your QB is the norm. ANY team with a top 10 QB is going to have that same type salary for their QB. This is nothing earth shattering.

Teams paying that type of salary actually have the advantage because they are lucky to have a QB good enough to pay.

Simple simple logic.

Only teams with a real advantage are the ones that have a generational type talent at QB on a rookie deal that is actually NOT playing like a rookie. But just look at a guy like Herbert. He still isnt there yet. By the time he is championship ready, they will need to be paying him 40 million.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
"$40 million a year" blah blah blah.

His cap hit is $17.2 million this year.

$34.4 million next year.

I know there is a lot of new-fangled math out there...but how exactly does this average 40 million a year?????
You’re intentionally skewing his numbers to be technical in regards to the cap hit assingments. You know he signed a 4 year contact for $160 million and that’s where the math comes into play. But, if you want to be technical and downplay the average because of how the cap hits are managed over 2 years, it can also be argued that Dak technically earned $75 million for this year.

Wow! Dak is a $75 million QB this year. What does that do for expectations?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Time to find out if Parcell’s famous comment is true:

“You are what your record says you are”

We will kick their butt if this comment is true!!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Paying 40 million for your QB is the norm. ANY team with a top 10 QB is going to have that same type salary for their QB. This is nothing earth shattering.

Teams paying that type of salary actually have the advantage because they are lucky to have a QB good enough to pay.

Simple simple logic.

Only teams with a real advantage are the ones that have a generational type talent at QB on a rookie deal that is actually NOT playing like a rookie. But just look at a guy like Herbert. He still isnt there yet. By the time he is championship ready, they will need to be paying him 40 million.

Your logic would make sense if all those QB's being paid this are the same and yet they are not. No person in their right mind would look at Dak and say he is anywhere in the same caliber as Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this means nothing , dak played well his fort 3 playoff games and that was under a rookie deal, his new deal has nothing to do with his play on the field , good or bad, they are not attached.

Its a team game and money has zero to do with how the games are played and how teammates view each other. its a fan narrative.

TWOK11

Reaction score
The dollar amount being used against Dak is stupid. It’s like the people who trash A&M, Michigan State, etc. for paying so much for their coaches.

There is a going rate for success and that rate goes up as time passes. Your options are to pay it, or pay less for a lesser product. Dak cost what he cost because that’s what a top 10 starting caliber QB was worth when he signed his contract. We could have paid it, or dive back into the QB dark ages. Now I realize some of you would happily do that just out of spite, but understand that’s rooted in emotion not logic.

There are not very many good QBs in this game at any one time. You don’t let one walk when you find them because he might make more than a player better than him who signed their contract earlier than he did. If you can’t understand that then I’m sorry that your grade school education failed you. If you can and still ***** about it, you’re just a spiteful and illogical fan.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Everyone knows how each poster is going to react after this game in regards to Dak. We just need to know the result of the game. Nothing will change. It will be the same reaction it has been for the past 5 seasons.

I disagree, there are people who trash Dak no matter what and (a far smaller number) who defend him no matter what. Many of us however will blame him only when he actually deserves blame.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I disagree, there are people who trash Dak no matter what and (a far smaller number) who defend him no matter what. Many of us however will blame him only when he actually deserves blame.
We all know the patterns of the posters here. Or at least we should know. Although you say you disagree, we are basically saying the same thing.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
4 can play very and we could still lose......you know that, right? See Rams 2019 playoff game......
Dak played excellent vs GB in his rookie year at Lambeau Field.

We should have won that game. Dak CANNOT be blamed for that loss.

Dak is capable of playing well in the playoffs!!!!!

I think Moore will have a very good game plan and Dak will execute it very well, IF the O line does their job, at least okay. The O line cannot get dominated! All the crap the O line has heard this week, I think they will be motivated and play okay/good.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
You’re intentionally skewing his numbers to be technical in regards to the cap hit assingments. You know he signed a 4 year contact for $160 million and that’s where the math comes into play. But, if you want to be technical and downplay the average because of how the cap hits are managed over 2 years, it can also be argued that Dak technically earned $75 million for this year.

Wow! Dak is a $75 million QB this year. What does that do for expectations?
Lol...tell me you struggle with NFL contracts without telling me you struggle with NFL contracts...

His cap hit is 17 mill this year. 34 next year. You know what about that 34 mill? They will lower that number by paying out his 20 mill base as a bonus and spread that over the rest of the contract.

So all of this, "OmGz 40 mill" is just a waste of breath.