Dak and Coaching were major issues today

InTheZone

Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic against a worthy opponent. The game was winnable and I'm tired of hearing that for every loss. Good enough to feel like we're fine, but not bad enough to overhaul the team.

I sure hope I'm wrong but I feel like it's safe to write the season off. Lose next week we won't see any changes, but I'd be in favor of finding out a lot about our backups mixed in with starters.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The fact that we went in thinking the passing game against the best secondary in the league was going to work in itself is nothing short of stupid. Especially in the weather conditions. The interception Dak threw was terrible. I agree. Him deciding not to run is also suspicious to me, but that’s a topic for another day. Everything else wasn’t his fault. Witten dropping every pass thrown his way. Every 3rd down conversion being taken away because of a “holding” or “tripping call”. He put gloves on and made adjustments. Some of those 4th down punt/field goal calls were punk wussy calls. Not his fault. Some of the WR’s (Jarwin at first especially) couldn’t hold onto the ball or do anything with the ball. Dak had some great passes today. Including the Jarwin out of bounds (could shoulda been TD).

Coaching is inexcusable though.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
all the drops, bad officiating and bad weather and you blame the loss on Dak lol

Dak had more yards then Tom Brady and didn't get any help from the special teams like Tom Brady did. Heck our special teams hurt us more than anything.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak wasn't any worse than Brady. But Brady got to start two possessions in Cowboys territory thanks to his defense and special teams - they produced 10 points.

The Cowboys have to drive 80 yards all day because of their defense and special teams making no plays, whatsoever.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I thought Dak was fine once he put the gloves on.

he was bad before that. The Int hurt. I wish he would have worn the gloves sooner.

that patriots defense has made every QB except LAMAR Jackson look bad. And lamar’s success was largely due to his freakish running ability.

and the conditions for throwing were AWFUL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak wasn't any worse than Brady. But Brady got to start two possessions in Cowboys territory thanks to his defense and special teams - they produced 10 points.

The Cowboys have to drive 80 yards all day because of their defense and special teams.
Dak wasn’t on it today but in games like these he needs help from special teams or the defense. It never happens though.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm with you on the coaching. We did nothing to give ourselves any kind of advantage in very tough conditions. This wasn't a game where any quarterback was going to look great, especially the one playing against the best pass defense in the league.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought Dak was fine once he put the gloves on.

he was bad before that. The Int hurt. I wish he would have worn the gloves sooner.

that patriots defense has made every QB except LAMAR Jackson look bad. And lamar’s success was largely due to his freakish running ability.

and the conditions for throwing were AWFUL.
He was good when the wind was behind him. Brady couldn’t manage to take advantage of it.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
dak and brady around the same yards and completion %... yeah dak threw a pick and brady a td.... but it wasn't like either played great in the weather. Find me a qb that would have put up good numbers in that weather.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
It’s tough to score against the Pats in those weather conditions. Not a excuse not to win but it’s a decent excuse for why you didn’t score touchdowns. Patriots only scored one because of special teams.
Yup they did score a touchdown and won. Kind of hard to win without one.