Dak and Coaching were major issues today

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I noticed that Prescott didn't keep the ball on RPO's, if at all.

I’m telling you man. He doesn’t want to be labeled a Mobile/Running QB. He knows that
A. They don’t get as much respect/attention,
and
B. They don’t last as long in the NFL, which means less money.

He has to not only show Jerry Jones, but the world that he can be a pure pocket passer like Brady and Goff. He wants to show the world he’s accurate (he’s getting better) and a pocket passer. I don’t like this mentality of his. It’s hurting him more than helping. He’s more like Russell Wilson than Brady and he and the coaching needs to act like it. Stop forcing him to be something he isn’t. He’s stopping himself from reaching his full potential by doing this.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Newsflash...the Patriots are really good especially their defense and special teams. Didn't have a real shot of winning that game

You look at that score and say the Cowboys didn't have a real shot of winning? Weird, but OK.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’m telling you man. He doesn’t want to be labeled a Mobile/Running QB. He knows that
A. They don’t get as much respect/attention,
and
B. They don’t last as long in the NFL, which means less money.

He has to not only show Jerry Jones, but the world that he can be a pure pocket passer like Brady and Goff. He wants to show the world he’s accurate (he’s getting better) and a pocket passer. I don’t like this mentality of his. It’s hurting him more than helping. He’s more like Russell Wilson than Brady and he and the coaching needs to act like it. Stop forcing him to be something he isn’t.
I agree. He can produce running to help the team, but he's not. Not certain why, probably the coaching.

zerofill

Reaction score
The lack of turnovers just hurts.

you usually don’t beat good teams without forcing some.

i agree, but keeping the Patriots to 13 points is enough to win. We just fail on so many levels, it is hard to even comprehend anymore.

It really does start with the staff here though. I mean, we have talent on this team. We look so unprepared on both sides of the ball though,
really just about have to blame everyone in this organization. But, Garrett is on the top of my list.

Watching the 49ers game... what a turn around there huh? We have been living the same nightmare for years, where is our turnaround? lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
A goof.....a coward who only shows up when Dak plays bad just to say I told you so. A goof.

I would consider the term “ignorant ******” to be a better description. But you’re classier than I am Rocy.

efh313

Reaction score
all the drops, bad officiating and bad weather and you blame the loss on Dak lol

Dak had more yards then Tom Brady and didn't get any help from the special teams like Tom Brady did. Heck our special teams hurt us more than anything.
100% agree with your comment, but Dak took too long to adjust. Whole first half every throw was traveling further left, then he wanted. If I can see that from my sofa he can see that from the LoS. He was struggling to lead in the rain, not saying it was easy or should have been instant but he should be held accountable. Not the reason we lost though, imo.

Also, regarding 3rd downs... why are they so woefully committed to a 3rd and 2/3 when the run is working, to go shot gun (effectively creating for yourself a 3rd and 7/8 should something go wrong which it will)???

Those decisions didn’t help Dak much either...

HungryLion

Reaction score
i agree, but keeping the Patriots to 13 points is enough to win. We just fail on so many levels, it is hard to even comprehend anymore.

It really does start with the staff here though. I mean, we have talent on this team. We look so unprepared on both sides of the ball though,
really just about have to blame everyone in this organization. But, Garrett is on the top of my list.

Watching the 49ers game... what a turn around there huh? We have been living the same nightmare for years, where is our turnaround? lol

They are playing incredible. Watch that secondary. They are making plays on the ball, hitting receivers and separating them from the ball. Just aggressive and physical defense.

it’s impressive.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm here every week, you lying troll. The cowards are Dak slobberers like you... where are all the Dak is god posts? Gone, hiding in the shadows blaming everybody but Dak.

Choke on that 15 QBR, troll.
You goof I haven’t seen you in 3 weeks. Goof!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak is good enough to go far in the playoffs the way the OL is pass blocking is concerned. Nobody is getting any push on this front, not even NE this game. Detroit couldn’t either, but their pass defense is absolute trash anyways. Even Dak said last week he was basically going through his reads multiple teams.

Plus teams risk blitzing because it’s a simple slant on man that has been killing teams while the OL totally stifles the blitz. They pick up blitzes really well and our WRs are good enough to beat the DBs regularly. Patriots DB play is phenomenal though.

Our problems offensively are primarily red-zone. This offense can make teams pay with the man coverage on big plays with no safety over the top. But they haven’t shown any consistency when the field gets short.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I agree. He can produce running to help the team, but he's not. Not certain why, probably the coaching.

No doubt it’s the coaching, but in the past few games he’s had options. He’s smart enough by now to realize that sometimes it’s smarter to run for it. Today would have been the day to do so. NE has problems with mobile QB’s, so today should have been the day for him to run. Unfortunately, he didn’t take the chance/opportunity. Some of the play calls gave him the option to do so and he sometimes forced the ball to someone when he could’ve at least ran for the down. I also think he wants to be flashy like Mahomes or Rodgers. He’s even admitted that he’s gotten greedy at times. I like the confidence but I’m not sure sometimes... Like I said, I love the dude, but this isn’t a good look.

zerofill

Reaction score
They are playing incredible. Watch that secondary. They are making plays on the ball, hitting receivers and separating them from the ball. Just aggressive and physical defense.

it’s impressive.

Yeah, and doing it without P.I. called on them every time. Although I think Sherman was getting irritated there for a bit lol.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
So you expect Dak to throw for 350yds and 4 TDs in that weather against the #1 defense and the best Head Coach in the league??? This game played out exactly how we should have hoped it did. Dallas had a chance to win the game at the end. Now looking back at the game, it was 100% winnable but poor special teams play and bad coaching decisions put this team behind the eightball.