Dak and Cowboys have had no talks about contract extension

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

mygrownupchristmaslist-mgucl.png

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. Anybody thinking this deal happens before March 13th at 3:59 is kidding themselves.

They just need to be under the cap for the new year. They arent going to sign anybody so it’s like they need to rush
But but but but aren't we going.........we need Dak extended!!!
giphy.gif

Then you realize...........
4d01ed66-e31c-4aa0-8f38-4cd0c08521dd_text.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
August???????
Is it just me, but they lose all leverage if there isn't a deal before the draft? I mean they can't trade him after the draft and can do nothing to stop him from becoming a 2025 free agent. This would be very similar to how the Commanders lost Cousins. They couldn't get a deal done after 2 tags and were forced to watch him walk w/o any compensation.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There is no way in hell I'm letting Dak and France drag this out to August. We either reach a deal before the draft or I'm trading him to the highest bidder.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
August???????
Is it just me, but they lose all leverage if there isn't a deal before the draft? I mean they can't trade him after the draft and can do nothing to stop him from becoming a 2025 free agent. This would be very similar to how the Commanders lost Cousins. They couldn't get a deal done after 2 tags and were forced to watch him walk w/o any compensation.
What did Coop say about Dak being the B@@@@ Kirk Cousins?
Well, there's your answer guess D.C. and Dallas don't care if he leaves..............
After all, they do have very similar career stats and are both CHOKERS!!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
There is no way in hell I'm letting Dak and France drag this out to August. We either reach a deal before the draft or I'm trading him to the highest bidder.
The highest bidder that he approves*…he has a no trade clause. He can make it ugly for the cowboys by essentially telling teams that are interested he won’t resign there basically limiting his market. Not a game Dallas wants to play

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They already have a “deal”. It has one year remaining. Neither side has to do anything other than honor the terms of the existing agreement. If Jerry Jones does not want Dak Prescott beyond 2024 there is nothing to drag out. And nothing to talk about. Jerry could just cut him and part ways immediately if the spirit moves him. Obviously Dak cannot be traded without his expressed consent. So that is not an option.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The highest bidder that he approves*…he has a no trade clause. He can make it ugly for the cowboys by essentially telling teams that are interested he won’t resign there basically limiting his market. Not a game Dallas wants to play
I know he can but as a rule the no-trade clause usually gives a player control over where he is traded. Even so, they are basically giving him a blank check if they wait until August.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He has to agree :confused:
Sure he does........but to try and play the final year even if they want to trade him and he refuses is a risk he's taking also. Coz if the season gets off to a rough start, guess who is going to the bench coz I need to Lance as many snaps as possible.