Dak and Cowboys have had no talks about contract extension

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe the Cowboys management has come to realize that Dak doesn't need to become any richer to win games.

Is that even possible?! Perhaps it's past time for Dak to quit listening to his greedy agent and consider the team!!!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Maybe the Cowboys management has come to realize that Dak doesn't need to become any richer to win games.

Is that even possible?! Perhaps it's past time for Dak to quit listening to his greedy agent and consider the team!!!
The NFLPA certifies player agents. And the NFLPA strongly encourages players only use agents they certify. How long do you believe an agent will retain that certification if there is a sense an agent is not getting a player all they can possibly get? How many players would ever consider an agent with the reputation of not getting a player all they can possibly get in a contract negotiation? Players’ careers are short. Agents need a steady flow of new clients. All they want to do is make themselves richer by making their clients richer. A player that informs his agent he’d prefer to give the billionaire owner of an NFL team a discount is likely to be told to go find other representation. No different than NFL owners, NFL players are in the league to make money, first and foremost.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The NFLPA certifies player agents. And the NFLPA strongly encourages players only use agents they certify. How long do you believe an agent will retain that certification if there is a sense an agent is not getting a player all they can possibly get? How many players would ever consider an agent with the reputation of not getting a player all they can possibly get in a contract negotiation? Players’ careers are short. Agents need a steady flow of new clients. All they want to do is make themselves richer by making their clients richer. A player that informs his agent he’d prefer to give the billionaire owner of an NFL team a discount is likely to be told to go find other representation. No different than NFL owners, NFL players are in the league to make money, first and foremost.
Here's hoping you enjoy your time as a player's agent . . . you're certainly doing all you can to make a case for Dak and his agent's greed! There's a limit to what any team can stand to build a team that's capable of existing in a world where championships are demanded by the fans that pay their way to continue running a workable business.

It's a shame that the fans aren't considered enough to allow their team to be able to win the titles that the players and their teams covet so much. The greed that persists by everyone associated with the NFL has damaged the professional football product enough that it might well cease to exist much longer if it continues as it has for so long already. Far too many fans are becoming disgusted with being left out of the equation.

The players union and the players, by themselves, are just as much to blame as the owners for the downturn in the value of pro football to now be held in question. The agents certainly aren't helping the situation to improve by continuing to foster the greed that pervades players to being so greedy, as much as the NFL is. Here's hoping some sense of being reasonable seeps into the hearts and minds of all those involved in the NFL.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Dak would bleed this team dry if he could.

Dude wants another mega million $$$$$$ contract.

We can’t even sign our own FAs.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Here's hoping you enjoy your time as a player's agent . . . you're certainly doing all you can to make a case for Dak and his agent's greed! There's a limit to what any team can stand to build a team that's capable of existing in a world where championships are demanded by the fans that pay their way to continue running a workable business. It's a shame that the fans aren't considered enough to allow their team to be able to win the titles that the players and their teams covet so much. The greed that persists by everyone associated with the NFL has damaged the professional football product enough that it might well cease to exist much longer if it continues as it has for so long already. The players union and the players, by themselves, are just as much to blame as the owners for the downturn in the value of pro football to now be held in question. The agents certainly aren't helping the situation to improve by continuing to foster the greed that pervades players to be so greedy, as well.
Yet, somehow, it is perfectly acceptable for Jerry Jones to use his NFL franchise to make as much money as he possibly can. He is infinitely more wealthy than all the players that have ever played for him combined, but he’s doing what he’s supposed to do. Players asking for compensation they believe is appropriate is greedy. Owners own teams for decades. They leave the team to their heirs that retain them for more decades. Very few players have a career that lasts even one decade. How does the player come off as greedy because he wants to maximize his earning potential? How can fans not appreciate that? A player's promising career can end in an instant due to an injury, yet fans shrug that off as “ just the way it goes”. Well, fan, players wanting all they can get is, whether you like it or not, “just the way it goes”. Get over it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If you want to trade him, just make it an open competition at QB. He will crack under the pressure and demand a trade. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
No he won't he will be the camp all star!! It would be great if the backup got in and made good plays and cheered loudly for him after every play!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yet, somehow, it is perfectly acceptable for Jerry Jones to use his NFL franchise to make as much money as he possibly can. He is infinitely more wealthy than all the players that have ever played for him combined, but he’s doing what he’s supposed to do. Players asking for compensation they believe is appropriate is greedy. Owners own teams for decades. They leave the team to their heirs that retain them for more decades. Very few players have a career that lasts even one decade. How does the player come off as greedy because he wants to maximize his earning potential? How can fans not appreciate that? A player's promising career can end in an instant due to an injury, yet fans shrug that off as “ just the way it goes”. Well, fan, players wanting all they can get is, whether you like it or not, “just the way it goes”. Get over it.
I'm definitely in the process of "getting over it" as you suggest and so are many of the fans that feel as it do. Nobody's trying to make excuses for the greed that Jerry Jones and his family fosters to become the richest franchise in all of sports. Many, if not most, in this website find it fairly deplorable that a family can ruin a team's reputation as capably as the Joneses have.

The Jones family isn't my idea of one that looks out for the welfare of their fans, but rather, finds it perfectly acceptable to allow their fans to feel nothing but resentment for their ways. I've been following the Cowboys since their inception into the NFL, only to witness their days of glory disappear by the greed they foster. They're perfectly willing to do without the respect of their fans to gain the wealth they hardly deserve.

Sorry, but my getting over what they've done to their team isn't something I and many others are likely to get over anytime soon. Don't ask for something every fans needs to decide for themselves to put up with. I suspect you happen to be in the minority, whether you like it or not. Let's not allow justification for greed to tarnish otherwise respectable ideas and ways of doing things. Abandoning fair reason is the best solution.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm definitely in the process of "getting over it" as you suggest and so are many of the fans that feel as it do. Nobody's trying to make excuses for the greed that Jerry Jones and his family fosters to become the richest franchise in all of sports. Many, if not most, in this website find it fairly deplorable that a family can stain a team's reputation as capably as the Joneses have.

The Jones family isn't my idea of one that looks out for the welfare of their fans, but rather, finds it perfectly acceptable to allow their fans to feel nothing but resentment for their ways. I've been following the Cowboys since their inception into the NFL, only to witness their days of glory disappear by the greed they foster. They're perfectly willing to do without the respect of their fans to gain the wealth they hardly deserve.

Sorry, but my getting over what they've done to their team isn't something I and many others are likely to get over anytime soon. Don't ask for something every fan needs to decide for themselves to put up with. I suspect you happen to be in the minority, whether you like it or not. Let's not allow justification for greed to tarnish otherwise respectable ideas and ways of doing things. Abandoning fair reason is the best solution.
In the last sentence, I meant to say abandoning fair reason isn't the best solution. Apologies for the misprint.

Last edited:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Here's hoping you enjoy your time as a player's agent . . . you're certainly doing all you can to make a case for Dak and his agent's greed! There's a limit to what any team can stand to build a team that's capable of existing in a world where championships are demanded by the fans that pay their way to continue running a workable business.

It's a shame that the fans aren't considered enough to allow their team to be able to win the titles that the players and their teams covet so much. The greed that persists by everyone associated with the NFL has damaged the professional football product enough that it might well cease to exist much longer if it continues as it has for so long already. Far too many fans are becoming disgusted with being left out of the equation.

The players union and the players, by themselves, are just as much to blame as the owners for the downturn in the value of pro football to now be held in question. The agents certainly aren't helping the situation to improve by continuing to foster the greed that pervades players to being so greedy, as much as the NFL is. Here's hoping some sense of being reasonable seeps into the hearts and minds of all those involved in the NFL.
Great post!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I'm definitely in the process of "getting over it" as you suggest and so are many of the fans that feel as it do. Nobody's trying to make excuses for the greed that Jerry Jones and his family fosters to become the richest franchise in all of sports. Many, if not most, in this website find it fairly deplorable that a family can ruin a team's reputation as capably as the Joneses have.

Sorry, but my getting over what they've done to their team isn't something I and many others are likely to get over anytime soon. Don't ask for something every fans needs to decide for themselves to put up with. I suspect you happen to be in the minority, whether you like it or not. Let's not allow justification for greed to tarnish otherwise respectable ideas and ways of doing things. Abandoning fair reason is the best solution.
It is personal to fans. It is business to owners and players. We want players and owners to share our sentiment, but they don’t. I’m fine with the Cowboys drawing a line and saying no to Dak Prescott. Perhaps they could go with Rush or Lance or someone else they can draft or sign. Fair reasoning is knowing better than to think the Dallas Cowboys’ success means as much to Jerry Jones or his players than the fans is misguided. For fans it is sentiment. To players and owners it’s a living. I long ago got over thinking otherwise.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It is personal to fans. It is business to owners and players. We want players and owners to share our sentiment, but they don’t. I’m fine with the Cowboys drawing a line and saying no to Dak Prescott. Perhaps they could go with Rush or Lance or someone else they can draft or sign. Fair reasoning is knowing better than to think the Dallas Cowboys’ success means as much to Jerry Jones or his players than the fans is misguided. For fans it is sentiment. To players and owners it’s a living. I long ago got over thinking otherwise.
I hear what you're trying to convey here and have always been aware that the Jones family will always consider business first. That's a crucial fact that they certainly can't ignore. I don't really mind them saying no to Dak if that's their decision to further their business. My major purpose for following the team is to simply enjoy the games and remain hopeful that they'll earn their success in the best way possible.

The Jones family is in business to make money, just like any other business and there's nothing wrong with that -- it's simply the American way of free enterprise. I guess many here resent the idea that the Cowboys organization earns them the kind of lives that we can only dream of but that's just life in the USA. The fact that they're richer than myself or anyone I know isn't a factor in my fandom.

I'll always be hopeful of seeing the team win as much as they possibly can. Nevertheless, I'm fully prepared to be content with being entertained, just by watching the team compete and generally being a fan of the team, win or lose. It sure beats sitting at home and staring at the walls!

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
The dak threads just keep coming I mean every time, I open this place up there's three new dak threads it's crazy there's one on top of the other and by the way I just read an interesting article there's been 95 quarterbacks drafted since 2016 and only one of them has actually won a Super Bowl...

I even seen the crazy moves other teams make because they can't find one in the draft and then you got to go overpay and use your draft capital to get deshaun Watson Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers and it doesn't work out it's very rare that you're just going to buy your way all in into a Super Bowl....

it's nice to think you can just reboot and restart and get a new quarterback I'm not saying they should pay him ridiculous money and give him a big new extension but you all are really living in a strange world where you think it's just easy to go start over and you would rather be losing actual games and not getting to the playoffs so then you can start complaining about the record and not getting the playoffs just so you can win in free agency and the draft I think some of you just want change just for the sake of change you just want to feel more inspired in the offseason you'd rather win the offseason than get to the playoffs every year....

Look, I get the disappointment I get that everyone's losing patience and everyone has these ridiculous expectations and then gets extra disappointed but you got to keep this into perspective Prescott just had what might be debatable his best season second team all pro second in voting a great touchdown interception ratio and yeah we should just throw him out....​
there's some really dumb threads, not just in here but saying we should cut Prescott eat his cap money take the cap hit..​
you know like Denver is and I think they're really dumb with Russell Wilson they could use a bridge guy, I get they need to get rid of him but he actually played a lot better last year under the new coaching staff and then get guys like Justin fields?!! I mean that's your answer or forcing Trey Lance onto the field for what I just posted 95 of these drafted quarterbacks only one of them has actually won a super bowl...​
Most of them are falling short and don't have great playoff records either and they all have big deals as well.​
One of the first things the team needs to build is around a really good quarterback and you get rid of that quarterback in order to save money and then go find another one then all the other moves you've made to pick up guys like CD lamb and Micah Parsons among others Trayvon diggs getting to build around, that goes to waste because you're starting over at the hardest position to find is a Super Bowl winning quarterback because they really don't exist....​
you have to find a way to keep your better talent in massage the salary cap in the roster and try to at least be relative in the Dallas Cowboys have a chance five out of last eight seasons with Prescott we've been to the playoffs I get it the disappointment is there it it's a gut punch every year it's like getting kicked in the nuts a couple of times...​
However, I would rather be here where we are presently then losing the next five years trying to get back to the same exact spot it hopes to get over a hump but you have to get back to the hump you can't cross a bridge unless you're at the beginning of it and you're starting out in East Texas and trying to get to the bridge in West TX by rebooting your team... We are at the bridge and I prefer to be at the bridge to cross it then finding my way back to the bridge without knowing how that going to workout for fans in the team we may have to have five losing seasons we don't know this so be careful what you wish for...​