Dak and Cowboys have had no talks about contract extension

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It would be just like Jerry to not extend him until August and then explain that we couldn't do anything in FA because we didn't extend Dak.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Add the void years, get some cap space. Then they have plenty of time to talk. if that is what they decide to do Or allow him to play out the year.

pansophy

Reaction score
August???????
Is it just me, but they lose all leverage if there isn't a deal before the draft? I mean they can't trade him after the draft and can do nothing to stop him from becoming a 2025 free agent. This would be very similar to how the Commanders lost Cousins. They couldn't get a deal done after 2 tags and were forced to watch him walk w/o any compensation.
Does Washington regret that?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no way in hell I'm letting Dak and France drag this out to August. We either reach a deal before the draft or I'm trading him to the highest bidder.
There are NO bidders haven't you realized that yet not at the price range Todd and Dak desire!!!!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It would be just like Jerry to not extend him until August and then explain that we couldn't do anything in FA because we didn't extend Dak.
You have to at least consider Jerry Jones doesn’t want to extend him. Just like you have to consider Dak Prescott would like to see how much he can get in free agency.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
You have to at least consider Jerry Jones doesn’t want to extend him. Just like you have to consider Dak Prescott would like to see how much he can get in free agency.
Oh, I WANT to consider that. I just don't know that I can actually believe it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Impossible. I watched Fish’s video two weeks ago and he said that these people didn’t know what they were talking about and he had connections and the contract talks were on. :muttley:

Kwyn

Reaction score
August???????
Is it just me, but they lose all leverage if there isn't a deal before the draft? I mean they can't trade him after the draft and can do nothing to stop him from becoming a 2025 free agent. This would be very similar to how the Commanders lost Cousins. They couldn't get a deal done after 2 tags and were forced to watch him walk w/o any compensation.
Trades and tags are not an option.

Either Jerry is playing hardball or everyone involved is just planning on a record breaking deal at the 11th hour.

Does anyone really care if the clickbait title was “Dak and cowboys working furiously on negotiations?”

It’s just clicks. Can’t take it seriously.

Silverstar

Reaction score
According to Over the Cap, if Jerry gives CeeDee an extension that should free up about 13M.
If Jerry also decides to restructure Martin's contract that frees up another 12M.
Cowboys could be sitting 15M under the cap with those two moves, but I'm no cap guy so I could be wrong.
I just clicked on extension and restructure and boom saw the numbers.
I do think the new 255M salary cap has given Jerry the option of "do nothing" regarding Dak's contract.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can’t pay Dak . He sinks or swims this year and then bye bye.
titanic-sinking.jpg

Bet on it............................