Dak and Gallop getting on the same page would be huge

Jkyle

Reaction score
I lost count of the number of times Dak missed Gallop for huge game-changing play.
It reminded me of the chemistry problems between Dak and Dez.
They just couldn't get on the same page. I think a lot of it was Dez regressing physically and lack of route-running technique. Dez still missed a lot of pass opportunities with Dez due to his inability to throw the back-shoulder pass which Dez was very good at.
With Gallop, Dak just made bad overthrows with Gallop wide open.
Hopefully they can get on the same page this Training Camp. If we can get that working, the offense will have a chance of reaching the Dynamic level given the number of weapons we have on offense.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Erm, overthrows have nothing to do with being on the same page or not.

Chemistry looks a lot better when the QB is accurate and on time.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The encouraging thing is that Gallup was good enough as a rookie to beat coverage that often. He’ll be even better in year two.

Dak and he will work on timing and they’ll start connecting more and more on those.

Add in a less predictable offensive system and it becomes very exciting.

Gallup was a really good pick.

Jkyle

Reaction score
Awesome, this has the makings of yet another Dak bashing thread.:facepalm:

I didn't start the thread as a Dak bashing exercise.
Just wanting them to get a connection going that was lacking last year.
Doing so will open up the offense big time.
I will say that the connection issue does have to do more with Dak than Gallop because most of the time Gallop was running his normal route and Dak just missed him.
I remember one time that Gallop did slow down his route seeming to think that Dak wasn't going to throw to him but Dak threw a perfect pass and would have been successful had Gallop ran it through

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I didn't start the thread as a Dak bashing exercise.
Just wanting them to get a connection going that was lacking last year.
Doing so will open up the offense big time.
I will say that the connection issue does have to do more with Dak than Gallop because most of the time Gallop was running his normal route and Dak just missed him.
I remember one time that Gallop did slow down his route seeming to think that Dak wasn't going to throw to him but Dak threw a perfect pass and would have been successful had Gallop ran it through
I can agree with this.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Talent-wise we have not seen the best of either of them. I think this training camp will go a long way in developing what should be a deadly combination between he and Gallup with Cooper demanding his fair share of attention.

JayFord

Reaction score
Both dak and Gallup were at fault some of those connects were like trying to throw feces out the window of a moving car and getting it into another moving car

Sometimes dak threw the ball out of play or over threw him and other times Gallup just stopped his route early

But the good thing is Gallup shows that when he and dak connect they can be so lethal they just need to run about 100 routes after practice daily should clear up all issues

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The encouraging thing is that Gallup was good enough as a rookie to beat coverage that often. He’ll be even better in year two.

Dak and he will work on timing and they’ll start connecting more and more on those.

A poor man's Tyler Lockett. I think Gallup has a break out year this year.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
This is the year where it happens.

I do agree Gallup stops-and-gos and Dak either didn't know that was his route, or had to time it perfectly with Gallup. Gallup utilizing his strengths - Dak just needs to know the receiver he's throwing to. He throws it over his head because he expected him to probably keep going with the route - or come off the stop-and-go faster. But I think this issue comes down to basically that, and is largely minor - and can be worked on.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I lost count of the number of times Dak missed Gallop for huge game-changing play.
They just couldn't get on the same page. I think a lot of it was Dez regressing physically and lack of route-running technique. Dez still missed a lot of pass opportunities with Dez due to his inability to throw the back-shoulder pass which Dez was very good at.
Hopefully they can get on the same page this Training Camp. If we can get that working, the offense will have a chance of reaching the Dynamic level given the number of weapons we have on offense.
So you can’t count past 5?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Another useless troll put on ignore.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Deja Vu...

Same topic, same responses already went down about 2 months ago...js

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Exactly. Rookie WR rarely contribute much and those that do tend to be really good.