Dak and his selfish 4 year contract

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
His selfish team restricting 4 year contract is a major reason this team was hamstrung in the cap.

Prescott refused to give more years in the last contract so the team could at least absorb and keep players and weapons to get you passed the divisional round.

He did this so he could get a second bite at the Apple. Bravo Dak. Thanks!

Would Amari Cooper been around still? Would they have gone after other free agents?

Be a man Dak! You could not get to the Super Bowl with your arm and interceptions.

Sign a 7 year extension give the team some room to help you because you need it.
He did the Cowboys a favor. The Cowboys know they don't have a franchise player at the QB position.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
So in one thread topic was about how the OP of that thread was tired of fans and the media saying that the Cowboys didn't have enough weapons and implied the current Cowboys team to have enough weapons to compete with the top NFL teams long term. But this thread faults Dak for the Cowboys not being able to sign or keep better weapons around. So which one is it, do the Cowboys have enough weapons to the point of no major moves being needed in free agency or is Dak at fault for the Cowboys not having enough elite weapons to compete with the better teams in the NFL?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
dak and zeke are the worst two contracts ever signed by the cowboys. both have cost this team so much and will continue to hamstring the team until 2027 at least.

Yeah, those contracts were bad, but Dak's ("can't git rid of me unless I want too) contract is what hurts.

Zeke is most likely staying also...for the time being. Sometimes I just wonder why the cowboy blues make me sad that I need to smoke some devils weed and play guitar. I must just be one of them stupid cowboy fans...

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Selfish? Lol. How many sb rosters did our gm assemble with Dak on a rookie contract?
Since Howie Roseman often gets praised on this forum for how aggressive he is in free agency to build an top tier team around Jalen Hurts, we're about to see the theory that a QB signing a big contract makes it impossible to keep top of the NFL weapons around him. If Hurts signs a big contract and Howie Roseman still goes all out to keep an elite team around him, then that will make our front office look even worse compared to the Eagles front office.

RS12

Reaction score
It's obvious to all but but pom pom waivers the QB isnt worth near the amount of cap space he is taking up. However player careers are short and I dont blame anybody for getting all they can while they can. If there was no cap I would love to see Dak bankrupt the senile old fart that has held the fans of this once great franchise hostage for decades, but that wont happen either. Put the blame squarely where it lies with the 'wanna be" football guys who make failing look effortless,

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
From all the opinions that I have been reading from media, that is what they are going to do, extend Dak to free up some money, that is JJ's only option, he made his bed (should have been a sleep number bed) now he cannot even sleep on it. Dak is going to be here for several years. Hey, we all have our cross to bare.
Its not Jerrys only option, but is the option he will take.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
no longer on the dak bandwagon but i'm curious what cap money went to surrounding dak with talent during his rookie contract?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not funny anymore because that is what is or needs to happen for JJ and spawn to get out this mess.

Man, that is one oil hole JJ dug and is about to fall into it.

Dak will be here for several more years...we must maintain.
Jerry can maintain all he wants but this Cowboy fool will wash his hands of anything that is related to this team if they extend the bum.
Enough already......as any future with Dak is exclusively for masochists who enjoy pain and being fooled by an 81-year-old drunk and his hillbilly family!

J_Allen

Reaction score
when has this f/o ever....EVER...gone after free-agents like you suggest?
deion....and thats it.

in the meantime...this deal doesn't prevent a committment to the run.

which,in my opinion...is a bigger problem.
Brandon Carr and that was the last major free agent we ever signed. We got burned.

CWR

Reaction score
I do not think you understand how contracts work so I am going to help. First, spreading out cap hits via signing bonuses can be done up to a maximum of 5 years so whether a contract is 5 years or 50 years you still can only spread out a signing bonus over 5 years. The second point, because I suspect you are remarking on the fact that he has a 4 year deal and not a 5 year one, is that you can use void years to functionally absorb a signing bonus in the same way. So basically every single option that would be available to lower Dak's yearly cap hit via restructuring is available regardless of how many years the deal is.

Pretty sure there are 2 void years built into the deal.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alien here are the replies you will be getting:
1. don't worry about another man's money
2. it was jerry's fault
3. cooper sucked
4. dumb thread
5. get all you can dak, screw the team

I think I covered it.
I agree with number one. What man doesn't want to get paid? He's the 8th highest paid player....so the other 7 QBs must be more selfish than Dak.

CWR

Reaction score
Brandon Carr and that was the last major free agent we ever signed. We got burned.

Carr didn't burn us. He was a good, not great cb for awhile here. He was almost always healthy and played hard.

I'm not saying we got our money's worth, but that shouldn't have been the straw.

raven55

Reaction score
you had better thank your lucky stars is was a 4 year contract, but not to worry jerry will probadly extend him causing more pain

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
His selfish team restricting 4 year contract is a major reason this team was hamstrung in the cap.

Prescott refused to give more years in the last contract so the team could at least absorb and keep players and weapons to get you passed the divisional round.

He did this so he could get a second bite at the Apple. Bravo Dak. Thanks!

Would Amari Cooper been around still? Would they have gone after other free agents?

Be a man Dak! You could not get to the Super Bowl with your arm and interceptions.

Sign a 7 year extension give the team some room to help you because you need it.
Another Troll.