Dak and his selfish 4 year contract

lostar2009

Reaction score
They needed Dak and we had zero options. They could've extended Dak years prior. Best option for them is to extend him again now or find his replacement via the draft.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
But many knew he wasn't worth it.
Not even close.
The most foolish contract in cowboys history, because Jerry, and so many stupid fans, want a franchise QB.
He led the Cowboys to two playoff appearances since he signed the contract. Since Carr, Russ, Murray, and Watson got their extensions they missed the playoffs. His contract is fine. Dak only has two years left on it.

irishline

Reaction score
Pretty sure there are 2 void years built into the deal.

You are correct, but the 2nd void year (and its $3.68 million cap hit) was added as part of his restructure last year (converting 18.4 million of his base salary to bonus over 5 years).

Last edited:

Loso86

Reaction score
His selfish team restricting 4 year contract is a major reason this team was hamstrung in the cap.

Prescott refused to give more years in the last contract so the team could at least absorb and keep players and weapons to get you passed the divisional round.

He did this so he could get a second bite at the Apple. Bravo Dak. Thanks!

Would Amari Cooper been around still? Would they have gone after other free agents?

Be a man Dak! You could not get to the Super Bowl with your arm and interceptions.

Sign a 7 year extension give the team some room to help you because you need it.
Lol stop!

J_Allen

Reaction score
Carr didn't burn us. He was a good, not great cb for awhile here. He was almost always healthy and played hard.

I'm not saying we got our money's worth, but that shouldn't have been the straw.
Carr was terrible. I've never seen a defensive back torched like he was.... besides maybe Roy Williams after he got married and they changed the horse collar rule. For some reason those two things killed his career.

J_Allen

Reaction score
i don't think anything changes with them...dak or no dak.
they just won't chase f/a's.
could we maybe ride that 2nd wave?
probably not.
We really have this "Moneyball" philosophy. Finding hidden players that can work in our system that other people overlook

Excellent, excellent movie by the way. If anybody has nothing to do tonight.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Carr was terrible. I've never seen a defensive back torched like he was.
Lol. Yep. CWR might need glasses. That is why nobody takes Cowboys fans seriously. Carr was constant burnt toast without the jelly on a weekly basis.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Lol. Yep. CWR might need glasses. That is why nobody takes Cowboys fans seriously. Carr was constant burnt toast without the jelly on a weekly basis.
And he's not the only one. While Carr was here people were saying what a good cornerback he was. He was awful. Downright horrible.

basel90

Reaction score
Yeah, those contracts were bad, but Dak's ("can't git rid of me unless I want too) contract is what hurts.

Zeke is most likely staying also...for the time being. Sometimes I just wonder why the cowboy blues make me sad that I need to smoke some devils weed and play guitar. I must just be one of them stupid cowboy fans...
i have the same thoughts . but it is what it is being a cowboys fan.
agree on the dak contract being more annoying ..

Zman5

Reaction score
You can blame Dak for his lack of skill and talent.

You have to blame Jerry for giving him that contract though.
Wow you actually made an intelligent post.

dribbble_pig_fly.gif