Dak and the elephant in the room

Verdict

Reaction score
Let’s get this out of the way first:

1. I’m pro Dak
2. He is better than Rush
3. I’m not suggesting Rush should start over Dak
4. I hope we win a super bowl with Dak.

Having said that it’s time that people started being realistic about our QB situation:

1. Dak starts off horribly slow.
2. Dak killed several drives today that were totally ON DAK.
3. He’s not a top 10 QB.
4. He struggled with the 32nd ranked defense.
5. Something is wrong with Dak in terms of seeing/processing the field.
6. Dak’s accuracy is very suspect. I’d say Dak is in the bottom 1/3 of the league in that category.
7. Dak doesn’t elevate the team. Dak doesn’t elevate the team.
8. The WRs are getting plenty open, Dak just doesn’t see them.
9. If they don’t run Dak 3-4 times per game —Dak is going to have a much harder time winning. He needs that threat to keep defenses more honest.
10. The only way Dak wins a SB is if the team Carrie’s him. He is nothing more than a middling bus driver right now.
11. I would love to see Dak develop and become the next Tom Brady, but I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get it done.
12. Dak has the physical traits but he doesn’t have the mind to get it done as of right now.
13. I like Dak and I like Zeke as a Cowboys fan, but those two together are a handicap to overcome.

Big D

Reaction score

1. I’m pro Dak

Having said that it’s time that people started being realistic about our QB situation:

3. He’s not a top 10 QB.
6. Dak’s accuracy is very suspect. I’d say Dak is in the bottom 1/3 of the league in that category.
9. If they don’t run Dak 3-4 times per game —Dak is going to have a much harder time winning. He needs that threat to keep defenses more honest.
10. The only way Dak wins a SB is if the team Carrie’s him. He is nothing more than a middling bus driver right now.
11. I would love to see Dak develop and become the next Tom Brady, but I don’t think Dak has the football IQ to get it done.
12. Dak has the physical traits but he doesn’t have the mind to get it done as of right now.
13. I like Dak and I like Zeke as a Cowboys fan, but those two together are a handicap to overcome.

I thought it was a mistake to win the toss and elect to receive. You gotta know Dak was amped up to begin with and then we go straight to the pass. Not an ideal way to ease an injured qb back IMO. Let the defense start it off and give him a lil time to settle in and then start with the ball in 2nd half.

reddyuta

Reaction score
He is defintely not right.the very first pass he missed should have been an easy scamper for a 1st down but he refuses to run now.

Fmart322

Reaction score

1. I’m pro Dak

3. He’s not a top 10 QB.

I agree with almost all of it. I also like Dak and hope to see him win a Lombardi with the Cowboys but I doubt that will ever happen.
I think Dak has decent accuracy on deeper throws. His short to mid passes are hit or miss.
I don't believe Dak will ever win a super bowl with the Cowboys. He'll maybe win a playoff game or two but probably never in the same season.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Dak is about average of the pack right now. The biggest issue I see is his ability to read the field and throw timing passes. His anticipation is below average..I’m still pro Dak but he needs to really improve. I don’t know what happened with him; he’s been regressing.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Overreaction.

He was pretty good today. He did well with the tools he has to work with.

I expected the offense around him to be a little more potent, but he's just not as good without Cooper AND Lamb. That said, I think this offense is still trending upward.

You really can't glean a whole lot from this game, as far as I'm concerned, other than Dak has a way better arm than Rush and makes pretty good decisions and doesn't turn it over a whole lot.

Mr_437

Reaction score

1. I’m pro Dak

3. He’s not a top 10 QB.
I think this is a fair assessment.
Dak is what he is, just wish KM would call the game towards the run...the RBs are doing good work.