Dak and Zeke dont care about championships

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
:muttley:

Jaylon has been in the league 3 years, same as Zeke, and missed an entire season due to injury. The Cowboys just made him one of the highest-paid LBs in football.

It's easy to be a "team guy" when the team treats you that way.

He could have asked a heck of a lot more. Look back on this deal in two years while other LB's get way more, then tell me he didn't give the team a discount.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How is us both having opinions not the same?

You don't have an opinion, you stated as a fact that Zeke won't have a new contract this year, I have an opinion that he PROBABLY will.

I was responding to your comment that my thinking was the same as knowing something's going to happen. but thinking leaves open the possibility of it not happening, that's the difference between our statements, you leave no possibility of the opposite of what you said happening, I do. If that's not what you're saying, fine, we've beat this dead horse enough.

But come January 1, 2020 we'll know because 2019 will be over, let's just re-visit this discussion then..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You don't have an opinion, you stated as a fact that Zeke won't have a new contract this year, I have an opinion that he PROBABLY will.

I was responding to your comment that my thinking was the same as knowing something's going to happen. but thinking leaves open the possibility of it not happening, that's the difference between our statements, you leave no possibility of the opposite of what you said happening, I do. If that's not what you're saying, fine, we've beat this dead horse enough.

But come January 1, 2020 we'll know because 2019 will be over, let's just re-visit this discussion then..
You just have a problem with the confidence I express my opinion.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You just have a problem with the confidence I express my opinion.

Not at all, you may well turn out to be correct, I have no problem with your prediction that Zeke won't get a new contract this year, but it hasn't happened yet, is all I'm saying. From what Jerry has said one could interpret that as he won't "cave" to Zeke's demands.

But UNTIL it happens, it's still possible that Zeke WILL get a new contract..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not at all, you may well turn out to be correct, I have no problem with your prediction that Zeke won't get a new contract this year, but it hasn't happened yet, is all I'm saying. From what Jerry has said one could interpret that as he won't "cave" to Zeke's demands.

But UNTIL it happens, it's still possible that Zeke WILL get a new contract..
You keep holding out hope for Zeke's return. I already know it's not happening before week 10. You just don't want to accept what I already know. It's not my fault you can't figure things out as fast as I can.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You keep holding out hope for Zeke's return. I already know it's not happening before week 10. You just don't want to accept what I already know. It's not my fault you can't figure things out as fast as I can.

As I've said before, WE'LL SEE.

If you turn out to be right, I have not problem that you said so, I've been right, and wrong, about many things, as everybody has. But before you said no new contract in 2019, now it's week 10?

Don't backtrack, if you feel that strongly you're right, stick with it....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
As I've said before, WE'LL SEE.

If you turn out to be right, I have not problem that you said so, I've been right, and wrong, about many things, as everybody has. But before you said no new contract in 2019, now it's week 10?

Don't backtrack, if you feel that strongly you're right, stick with it....
I'm not backtracking and I never said anything about a new contract for him in week 10. The CBA requires players that hold out to return to their team by week 10 or the whole season does not count as earned time toward free agency. That means if Zeke comes back without a new contract before week 10, he will still get credit for the whole 2019 season counting toward free agency(in his case, 2021). I hope you understand that and don't continue to think I was suggesting in any way that he could get a new contract come week 10.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Explain to me why Zeke would hold out till week 10, lose millions of dollars off his current contract, even more from the offer on the table, and still be almost in the same place next summer? He’d be a year closer to free agency, but he’d still have to sign the Cowboys deal or sit out again till week 10, depending on the new CBA. And then the Cowboys May still have the right to franchise tag him. What am I missing here? Surely he hasn’t earned so much money from his current unfair contract that he can afford to mostly sit around the next 3 years, right?

I would think either he or Jerry or both must compromise long before week 10. Jerry can afford to be much more stubborn than Zeke.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
What bothers all of us is their contract demands tell us about their desire for a championship, or lack thereof.
They just want to grab every dollar even though they know there is a cap limit.
They know their demands really hurt the chances of a championship because there is a limit to what tricks can be played with the cap.

No, it doesn't 'bother all of us', but it apparently bothers you. You have ***NO IDEA*** what any NFL players' desire to when a championship is, as that would call for you to know the operation of their minds, which you don't.

In the same vein, you don't know that they know that their demands 'really hurt' our chances at a SB.

Yes, they seem to want to get paid as much as possible. That seems reasonable to me. If I told my employees that I'd like them to take a pay cut so that we could increase our competitive advantage and I put it to a vote, I'm guessing 78 or 79 out of 80 would say, "Umm......no thank you'. Not sure why you think employees in the NFL are, or should be, different, no matter what the fans may want.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Explain to me why Zeke would hold out till week 10, lose millions of dollars off his current contract, even more from the offer on the table, and still be almost in the same place next summer? He’d be a year closer to free agency, but he’d still have to sign the Cowboys deal or sit out again till week 10, depending on the new CBA. And then the Cowboys May still have the right to franchise tag him. What am I missing here? Surely he hasn’t earned so much money from his current unfair contract that he can afford to mostly sit around the next 3 years, right?

I would think either he or Jerry or both must compromise long before week 10. Jerry can afford to be much more stubborn than Zeke.
Why hold out at all and further show the world how much a knucklehead he is? The perceived leverage he thinks he has by holding out is nonexistent. No one held a gun to his head to make him sign his rookie contract, so what's so unfair about it? The current CBA doesn't expire until the conclusion of the 2020 season... so what does that have to do with anything here? It's the same time Zeke is scheduled to become a FA unless he is tagged.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, it doesn't 'bother all of us', but it apparently bothers you. You have ***NO IDEA*** what any NFL players' desire to when a championship is, as that would call for you to know the operation of their minds, which you don't.

In the same vein, you don't know that they know that their demands 'really hurt' our chances at a SB.

Yes, they seem to want to get paid as much as possible. That seems reasonable to me. If I told my employees that I'd like them to take a pay cut so that we could increase our competitive advantage and I put it to a vote, I'm guessing 78 or 79 out of 80 would say, "Umm......no thank you'. Not sure why you think employees in the NFL are, or should be, different, no matter what the fans may want.
You had me at, "that would call for you to know the operation of their minds".