Twitter: Dak asking for $40 mil per Slater

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Honestly, if Dak thinks he's this good, the Cowboys should offer him $25 million annually.

Then let him earn an additional $15 million per season via incentives- 30 or more combined TD's passing and rushing, 10-plus wins per season, etc..

It protects the Cowboys, and if Dak meets those milestones, he'll have earned it. To me it's a win-win.

I agree but of course, that will never fly.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Jane Slater is fake news now, that’s disappointing

I agree. She has (or had) sources inside the team and I always trusted her reporting. Either somebody fed her bad info, or she's made the leap into ESPN-style sensationalism.

Very sad, if indeed Dak didn't ask for this much.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This is true
and because of that, I feel we have the leverage.

He's under contract for 2019. Sure, he can sit out, but if his value with the league is not that high now, not playing isn't going to help him win over more potential suitors. Now we'll be awful, but it puts in a better position to find his replacement. You can also sign a veteran bus driver QB next off-season for a quarter of what Dak is asking and no long-term risk/investment.

We can Franchise him in 2020. Yes, that comes at about $34M but it's a one-year investment. Again, he can sit out but that does nothing to help his value to other teams.

He needs to play and we have the leverage. Don't screw this up.

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Better passer. Better runner. Better leader.

Plus he's from Texas. Do not screw this up Jerry.

nrw-texas-spring-game-20.jpg

Please tell me you are joking. And this is coming from a UT fan.

Also, why would Jerry care if he's from Texas? He's from Arkansas. He doesn't care about Texas.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The entire NFL should be watching the Cowboys and what they do with Dak. We all know he's nowhere near a $40 million dollar quarterback. But if the Cowboys even pay him something close to that, a lot of more accomplished QB's are going to ask for raises.

Exactly, which is why we can't continue down this cycle of the going rate craptacular. It's self fulfilling. Of course it's the going rate because it is designed to be escalating. This is why you can not pay people based on that rational. You have to pay people, based on what their play merits. It's the only way to get this thing back on track.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree but of course, that will never fly.
also agree and agree he wouldn't do it..he cant live up to it...:))id give him 5,il bonus fr his 31st td THROWN.. thats 1/3 and 50k for each sack avoided , thats the other1/3 an the rest is NFCCG win and SB appearance and win to earn the rest..lets get the pen Dak :)):yourock:

Zordon

Reaction score
Please tell me you are joking. And this is coming from a UT fan.

Also, why would Jerry care if he's from Texas? He's from Arkansas. He doesn't care about Texas.
Why would you say that as a UT fan? What can Dak do that Sam can't??

I mentioned he's from Texas b/c that will help with what the Jones clan cares about most - $$$.