Twitter: Dak asking for $40 mil per Slater

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Total. Click. Bait.

I actually think it might have been a test balloon. This goes only as far as the fan base supports it. If you say 40 and the fan base supports it, then you are still climbing. If they upchuck all over themselves, then you know you've pushed the envelop too far. But this fan base, there is a very large portion of them who have just went right along with whatever the number has been that has been thrown out by the Prescott camp, through out. Same with all the media, all you heard this morning was how the Cowboys have no choice, same with Zeke so why wouldn't an agent just keep on pushing the limit? I think that this was yet another test balloon and when it went the way of the Hindenburg, they pulled it back and claimed to have never said that. That's what I think might have happened.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The problem is it isn't $19 million per year in terms of the salary cap, it's next to nothing this year, and then big hits each of the next 2 years. I'm not sure the $19 million/year will even hold up anyway as more and more QBs sign and the average of the top 5 grows.
You could front load a FA with a signing bonus this year in Dak's $2M year. The Dak average will be a bit more considering Dak would get the 20% increase over the 2019 franchise tag in 2020 salary and the 2021 yet TBD. I just don't see Dak as a $40M man. Love the guy, but he needs to play out of his mind this year and I hope he does.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I actually think it might have been a test balloon. This goes only as far as the fan base supports it. If you say 40 and the fan base supports it, then you are still climbing. If they upchuck all over themselves, then you know you've pushed the envelop too far. But this fan base, there is a very large portion of them who have just went right along with whatever the number has been that has been thrown out by the Prescott camp, through out. Same with all the media, all you heard this morning was how the Cowboys have no choice, same with Zeke so why wouldn't an agent just keep on pushing the limit? I think that this was yet another test balloon and when it went the way of the Hindenburg, they pulled it back and claimed to have never said that. That's what I think might have happened.
If I am JJ then I am getting sick of these agents. Lol

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
well given Cousins was there for every game put up great stats to at least give Commanders chance and seeing Washington's debacle of QBs last year and starting this year, not sure..cousins is basically Romo at least he handles his position, his numbers are not shabby , is he leader a gamer, maybe not, but dude puts up numbers and thats the QBs 1st job.. move the ball score tds..
Only problem with Cousins is he turns into Chris Weinke inside the 20.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Negotiating tactic it seems. Ask 40 get around 34. Either way it’s a ton for a guy who hasn’t brought us to nfc championship yet. I know it’s the going rate for an but still.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You could front load a FA with a signing bonus this year in Dak's $2M year. The Dak average will be a bit more considering Dak would get the 20% increase over the 2019 franchise tag in 2020 salary and the 2021 yet TBD. I just don't see Dak as a $40M man. Love the guy, but he needs to play out of his mind this year and I hope he does.
How could he get a signing bonus this year for a franchise tag he won’t and can’t sign until next year?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Gotta be a joke. Guessing slater is getting bad info. Didn’t she also say her sources said Elliot would be in training camp also.

InTheZone

Reaction score
A) is this fact? and B), what say you Daksters, how high do you want to go?
since he is the team he should get half of the salary cap. But don't you dare talk about him when he's missing 1 of his all-pro lineman, all-pro rb, and all-pro wr. And don't you ever talk about our first shutout since when 2000, 2001?

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Dak signs in the next few days for 30 million per year , Slater was Paid a million in cash by JJ...

Dak enjoys being loved by Cowboys fans. This will hurt him a lot... This could be a genius move by the Jones boys.
Creative slant!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
How could he get a signing bonus this year for a franchise tag he won’t and can’t sign until next year?
Keeping Dak at $2M they can sign say Zeke or Cooper this year to an extension and give them a signing bonus up front that lightens the subsequent annual pay outs of their contract.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Keeping Dak at $2M they can sign say Zeke or Cooper this year to an extension and give them a signing bonus up front that lightens the subsequent annual pay outs of their contract.
You know Cooper is gonna want Thompson money. Over 100 million.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Trade him for 2 # 1's to the raiders. Build in the Draft.

Nobody would be foolish enough to give 1 number 1 for Dak let alone 2. For that matter no one would be foolish enough to pay him 30 million a year let alone more

Well no one other than the cowboys