Twitter: Dak asking for $40 mil per Slater

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Keeping Dak at $2M they can sign say Zeke or Cooper this year to an extension and give them a signing bonus up front that lightens the subsequent annual pay outs of their contract.

Not Zeke. You do that with him and he'll hold out the minute he gets to a year that Doesn't pay him 15 mil a season.

landryscorner

Reaction score

IF so that would be 40MILLION in the gutter and I will be done ever watching another Cowboys game till the end of the is season if he is under center....what a disgrace to the cowboys organization and a very greedy individual. He is not even worth 30 Million a year...he will be BOOED this year. Let's see how his ego does. It's over.

CWR

Reaction score
“Its ok, we can afford it”

-CZ homer

Man without reading all 19 pages I can't imagine even Dak lovers (which I am to an extent) thinking of paying him 40 million. There is literally ZERO benefit to paying him early if we are going to be paying top dollar. Dak aint getting a contract this off season.

starcity214

Reaction score
First off, its not Dak doing anything. Its his agent getting as much as he can. And I still dont believe they are asking 40 million.

Oh, poor Dak

His greedy agent is out to tarnish Daks image

Never mind the fact that Dak changed agents and kicked his modest no name agent to the curb once he started seeing Dollar signs

erod

Reaction score
Because, of course, the Cowboys are the only team that ever has a holdout or contracts to negotiate ...
Suspensions on the defensive line 6 years in a row. Average QB trying to get Hall of Fame money. Constant-issue RB holding out. Inconsistent receiver seeking super elite money.

All overshadowing actual football.

CWR

Reaction score
You know Cooper is gonna want Thompson money. Over 100 million.

Wth is wrong with these guys?

Dak doesn't deserve top dollar period.

Coop doesn't deserve top dollar period.

Zeke is the only player out of the 3 that deserves top dollar EXCEPT he's a suspension waiting to happen, consequently he doesn't deserve top dollar. Lol

I understand these guys wanting to be taken care of, but they are comparing themselves to better more established players and its simply not an accurate comparison.

Furthermore at what point do you decide you are compensated fairly and you would like to remain on a team that has sustained success rather then be dismantled by excessive salaries and cap constraints? I mean how important is WINNING to these players?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Suspensions on the defensive line 6 years in a row. Average QB trying to get Hall of Fame money. Constant-issue RB holding out. Inconsistent receiver seeking super elite money.

All overshadowing actual football.
Welcome to the Dallas Cowboys where football is secondary.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
We can’t pay everyone. Do we keep Elliot or Cooper.
Maybe neither. I would seriously start looking to trade some of the talent on this roster so they can at least churn the roster with some high draft picks. Salary cap constraints could soon plague this team having little post season success and some big question marks on the roster. I am not a fan of paying RBs 8 figures or giving franchise money to a player who is valuable, but not elite.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keeping Dak at $2M they can sign say Zeke or Cooper this year to an extension and give them a signing bonus up front that lightens the subsequent annual pay outs of their contract.
I’m sorry, I skimmed and didn’t read your previous post well. I see your point.