Dak beat GB in post-season, Dallas’s defense lost it

khiladi

Reaction score
Seattle - 3rd and 14 at seattle 26, 14 seconds to go!!!!
Cleveland - 1st and goal on the 8, with 1:42 to go score is 49-38. Dallas had 1 time out....this after cowboys made it 42-38, but defense gave up a 50 yard run to a freaking WR......with 3:42 to go....a freaking WR for 50 yards rushing TD...I mean come on man!!!

the other 2 interceptions were in the middle of the game....

I know you are going to complain why he threw interceptions in the middle of the game. then I will ask you to show me a QB that has never thrown an interception...and then I hear silence.....

your expectations of Dak is perfection. anything less than 100% completion you will complain. Anything less than 152 passer rating, you will complain. anything less than 400 yards passing, you will complain. anything less than offense scoring on every possession, you will complain, anything less than 5 TD passes per game, you will complain. defense giving up 300 yards rushing, you will blame dak, defense giving up 36 pts, you will blame dak..

so why all the spinning, just blame him, say I just want to blame him and be done with it....

A third down with 14 seconds with a chance to tie it in no way whatsoever constitutes a Hail Mary.. You have another down. In fact, you had multiplr chances in the red zone before that fail. just another example of Dak’s choke jobs when defenses clamp down after keeping everything underneath..

I stopped reading right there, because this is just absurd that you still call this a Hail Mary after I explained it last time. You probably didn’t even read it though anyways.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A third down with 14 seconds with a chance to tie it in no way whatsoever constitutes a Hail Mary.. You have another down. In fact, you had multiplr chances in the red zone before that fail. just another example of Dak’s choke jobs when defenses clamp down after keeping everything underneath..

I stopped reading right there, because this is just absurd that you still call this a Hail Mary after I explained it last time. You probably didn’t even read it though anyways.
LOL, your definition of football spins everyday....so down by 7, 14 seconds to go is not desperation time? got it :thumbup:

we should just have had a calculated 4 play design using up 3 seconds each play, drive down methodically and score and then leave 2 second on the clock to get a 2 point conversion and win the game!! awsome plan:thumbup:. I like that. I am with you... Gawd Dang it Dak, you suck for not executing such a beautiful plan....:angry:

you are so football smart, your mom should be very proud of you. :grin:. Have you thought of opening a football school and be a football teacher? you are really good at it. you know oh so much :popcorn:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
But not better than them and the rest of the league. And why I called out this post .

"He's the best quarterback ever, better than Rodgers, the Manning brothers, Troy, and well every quarterback to ever play"
go back and look through the posts, if you are so worried about it being true or not. sheesh I'm not doing any work for you.

and I am a hater of his play, so cry me a river. sheesh get back in your Garrett room and drool over him, sheesh gregg.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
so you are faulting a Rookie QB, in the playoffs, going against a future HOFer, despite all that happened, tying the game with a minute to go, only for defense to give two huge plays, one 35 yards to allow them to kick a field goal. wow, I guess Dak should have been let go right after the game..I mean, how could he not beat Rodgers....

That rookie quarterback led the team to a 13-3 record. If he gets credit for that, he has to be criticized for failing in the playoffs. The conditions don't matter. He played. He has to take the criticism that comes with playing, rookie or not.

Be that as it may, we knew this defense wasn't the greatest. But the offense had Witten, Zeke, Dez and a stellar offensive line. It was the better unit. Dallas got the ball first and failed to get touchdowns on its first two drives. Then one drive resulted in an interception. Green Bay takes the lead, and we're playing catch up.

Dak had a job to do, i.e., cash in on our drives and produce touchdowns. Keep us ahead of the Packers instead of chasing them.

He ... did ... not.

All conditions aside (rookie, facing Rodgers, etc.), dems da facts.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I will ask you the same question I have asked others and gotten no response but one. How many superbowls would Brady have won if he was in dallas being coached by Garrett, Linehan and Moore?

How can anyone respond to it? It's a HYPOTHETICAL question! You can't answer a hypothetical because it can't be proven.

Anyone who tells you how many Super Bowls Brady would have had being coached by Garrett, Linehan and Moore is guessing PERIODT!

Not to be too harsh on you, but it's an absurd question, the type of which keeps getting asked in this forum.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That rookie quarterback led the team to a 13-3 record. If he gets credit for that, he has to be criticized for failing in the playoffs. The conditions don't matter. He played. He has to take the criticism that comes with playing, rookie or not.

Be that as it may, we knew this defense wasn't the greatest. But the offense had Witten, Zeke, Dez and a stellar offensive line. It was the better unit. Dallas got the ball first and failed to get touchdowns on its first two drives. Then one drive resulted in an interception. Green Bay takes the lead, and we're playing catch up.

Dak had a job to do, i.e., cash in on our drives and produce touchdowns. Keep us ahead of the Packers instead of chasing them.

He ... did ... not.

I am fine with that....but to harp every other thread and post that he failed to beat GB in the playoffs in his rookie year and then drawing conclusion from it that he sucks and he can never win. that is pretty stupid, which is what many here have done..

and btw, Witten wasn't what he used to be. that's why he retired the next year and we had been trying to replace him for so many year. Dez was often injured and slowing down. Zeke has his best year that first year. Dak made rookie mistakes and we can't over criticize him, because we set the expectations so high. Instead, we could look it back then as he was a rookie, took the team to 13-3 and went toe to toe with the HOFer Rodgers...instead, we sit and nit pick every throw, every drive, every quarter, every move.....and regardless.....the game got tied in the last minute.....despite the slow start. but hey, lets just focus on the slow start and nit pick it to death...

would your expectations be the same of any other rookie in their first year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Absolutely. If "rookie quarterback" is the excuse, then Romo should have been playing.

In other words, don't bench your starter for a rookie then use the rookie excuse when he loses.
Romo should have been playing is coaches call, but you can't blame Dak for that. is your expectation that Dak would walk to the head coach telling him, Romo should start, because I am scared!!!! is that your point....

and He was a rookie. who took the team 13-3 and went toe to toe with HOFer Rodgers....but hey if you want to find fault with that, then go ahead....because in that case you are looking for an excuse to nit pick and complain.

and let me ask you how many other rookies accomplished the same thing and is your expectations the same for every rookie...

and no matter how the game transpired. how you want to nit pick every throw, every drive, every foot step. the game was tied with a minute to go....where the heck was the defense to do what they were supposed to do and make one stop.....

yeah, blame a rookie QB because you want to blame Dak...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How can anyone respond to it? It's a HYPOTHETICAL question! You can't answer a hypothetical because it can't be proven.

Anyone who tells you how many Super Bowls Brady would have had being coached by Garrett, Linehan and Moore is guessing PERIODT!

Not to be too harsh on you, but it's an absurd question, the type of which keeps getting asked in this forum.
you just spun your way out of answering....so you just answered me by avoiding and spinning

so guess how many hypothetically speaking that is.....

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

He ... did ... not.

That's fair. Are you consistent in that approach? Meaning the 2014 loss to GB was also the offenses fault because they were the better unit and they couldn't score enough TDs?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I remember opining on this game (besides schooling the Butler penalty whiners on the NFL rules) and the fact in this game is that the offense scored above its season average in points. The defense gave up more than their season average in points. True, it's not as simplistic as that but I think it holds a lot of weight in the discussion.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That's fair. Are you consistent in that approach? Meaning the 2014 loss to GB was also the offenses fault because they were the better unit and they couldn't score enough TDs?
Yes. The DeMarco Murray fumble was EGREGIOUS!
But I also criticize the defense because they couldn't stop a one-legged Aaron Rodgers. That was also EGREGIOUS!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
you just spun your way out of answering....so you just answered me by avoiding and spinning

so guess how many hypothetically speaking that is.....

But what would be the purpose of answering that question?

Let's say if I responded, "I think Brady would have won 3 Super Bowls with Garrett and company."
And you replied, "No, they wouldn't have."

The conversation would be empty because there's absolutely no way of proving this.

So it's not a dodge or spin. Such a question can't be answered because that's what is inherent in the nature of hypotheticals.

But it's not just you who does this. Many posters do it.

khiladi

Reaction score
LOL, your definition of football spins everyday....so down by 7, 14 seconds to go is not desperation time? got it :thumbup:

we should just have had a calculated 4 play design using up 3 seconds each play, drive down methodically and score and then leave 2 second on the clock to get a 2 point conversion and win the game!! awsome plan:thumbup:. I like that. I am with you... Gawd Dang it Dak, you suck for not executing such a beautiful plan....:angry:

you are so football smart, your mom should be very proud of you. :grin:. Have you thought of opening a football school and be a football teacher? you are really good at it. you know oh so much :popcorn:

On no planet whatsoever is that a Hail Mary.. no planet whatsoever...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This may be true but what about better coaching ........it matters. BUT, I actually agree Allen is a special talent. Aikman says he has one the strongest arm he's ever seen. Just heard some scout/NFL NFL GM ( not sure which one) compared his arm to Dan Marino......that's saying something.
Hawk, you know as well that there are only a handful of truly elite QBs in this entire league that actually carry the full load, less now with Brees retiring.
Dak is just OK, just like most of the QBs in this league.
I find it amusingly odd how some extremists like the OP insist on trying to convince everyone that knows anything about talent, that average or even just good enough should somehow be elevated to elite status.
Dak is a decent QB, the normal for most teams, nothing more, nothing less.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But what would be the purpose of answering that question?

Let's say if I responded, "I think Brady would have won 3 Super Bowls with Garrett and company."
And you replied, "No, they wouldn't have."

The conversation would be empty because there's absolutely no way of proving this.

So it's not a dodge or spin. Such a question can't be answered because that's what is inherent in the nature of hypotheticals.

But it's not just you who does this. Many posters do it.

so you think Brady would have won 3 superbowls instead of 6? yes, no way to prove, but it speaks about your opinion on coaches ability to get his team to the superbowl and win the superbowl given Brady has been to 9 and won 6. the challenge is the its not just about a QBs ability and having sole responsibility for success or failure of a team. its the TEAM and the organization, which includes the coaches and their ability to manage properly and a GMs ability to build a team that can compete and win a superbowl....Hypothetical yes, but with a purpose.........

Diehardblues

Reaction score
go back and look through the posts, if you are so worried about it being true or not. sheesh I'm not doing any work for you.

and I am a hater of his play, so cry me a river. sheesh get back in your Garrett room and drool over him, sheesh gregg.
It’s not true. And why I’m calling it out. I offered you an opportunity to provide proof any fan stated this.

"He's the best quarterback ever, better than Rodgers, the Manning brothers, Troy, and well every quarterback to ever play". Captain Trash said fans were saying this.

Last edited: