Dak benefit of the doubt will be gone with fans

basel90

Reaction score
Dak has far exceeded my expectations for him. Hes a top 12 qb after last season. 34 is plenty but tons of qbs have been getting overpaid so if It takes 34 a year then so be it. Daks not being greedy unless he wants more than that. Sign him this offseason for 33-35 per or the tag was pointless.
With all respect , Dak’s accuracy is lacking , and went 1-6 against decent teams last year . His stats are full of empty yards due to 40 pass attempts per game against cupcake teams or during garbage time comebacks . How does that exceed your expectations.

Qcard

Reaction score
Dak has his shining moments!
I actually thought Dak hung in there and kept Dallas in that Vikings game considering Zeke couldnt get anything going. I know he didnt finish the job and get the W but he had a good game. The defense just got killed by the Vikings running game. I didnt like that pass in the flat to Zeke on 4th down but hey that happens. The Cowboys rarely put together a game where they play well in all phases of the game. When they do its usually against the Commanders or Giants. My issue with Dak is that he goes cold for periods of time and that affects the team as a whole and people on this forum want to see him get paid top money and Im not sold on him because of what I see. There is no doubt Dak deserves to be paid! But combine that with him wanting to be over paid and It just isnt good for him or this team.
Agreed.
I attribute the games where the Dak and team in general went cold to Garrett's coaching. There was no friction or fear on this team of repercussions.
We can agree that all excuses barring injury most excuses are gone this year

jjktkk

Reaction score
You’re saying that. He has two rings. He has the stats.......is he not elite?
No my man, that is your main issue. You're too caught up in stats and forget the most basic of evaluations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No my man, that is your main issue. You're too caught up in stats and forget the most basic of evaluations.
I’m not caught up in anything. You are the one who used All Pro votes and MVP votes to determine how good someone is. Not me.

boyzfan1972

Reaction score
Who are these “Dak People”? Are you trying to insinuate something else with a piss poor play on words?

DAK PEOPLE: Fan boy's of Dak Prescott, usually newbie band wagoners who are so obsessed with Dak they dont care about anything else but Dak.
im not sure if someone else has explained this to you yet but this is what i believe 100% what the meaning of Dak people is.

now, i would like for you to explain to me what a YEEHAW is. GO COWBOYS!!!

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You are now saying things COULD but they don't and you end by saying that penalties called on a passing play that the pass doersn't count in the stats which is true now and in every other era. As far as your COULDS the reason why they WON'T is no matter what era you're talking about there has been/is defenders that deflect balls as well as receivers that drop balls. That is not anything unique to today's football.

I said I didn't see a point in naming a bunch of hypotheticals. You were the one that asked for that. Yes pass interference has always been a thing but the way it is enforced has changed. Pass defenses that would have been called incomplete in the past(and calculated in completion percentage) are now pass interference calls(and thus not calculated in completion percentage).

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
With all respect , Dak’s accuracy is lacking , and went 1-6 against decent teams last year . His stats are full of empty yards due to 40 pass attempts per game against cupcake teams or during garbage time comebacks . How does that exceed your expectations.

I never expected him to be more than a backup when he was drafted. Hes a top 12 qb. Which is pretty good.

basel90

Reaction score
I never expected him to be more than a backup when he was drafted. Hes a top 12 qb. Which is pretty good.
yes he is but not the type of QB that can carry the cowboys in games or take them to the super bowl . Especially with the spotty defense and aging OL. He is too mediocre for that.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Did Romo, Zeke, Dez or Lawrence "meet in the middle" on their deals? Did they do Jerry that solid? So why should Dak? Out of the kindness of his heart?
None of them have been to a championship either. Maybe the team philosophy is flawed? Isn’t the real problem they keep paying top of the league pay then have areas of glaring weakness for other teams to exploit?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I said I didn't see a point in naming a bunch of hypotheticals. You were the one that asked for that. Yes pass interference has always been a thing but the way it is enforced has changed. Pass defenses that would have been called incomplete in the past(and calculated in completion percentage) are now pass interference calls(and thus not calculated in completion percentage).

I never asked for hypotheticals, I asked for actual real rules that affects a QB's completion percentage. The problem with your oh gee they didn't call pass interference like they do today would work except that there were QB's that had good completion percentages.back then. As far as actual pass interference calls back whenever and today, that is called pretty much the same. The real difference is the contact after the 5 years. Your oh they wouldn't call pass interference back whenever like they do now except the refs still miss those calls today. Just ask the saints about that. Yes it now can be challenged but if, and it has happened a number of times, if there is interference on both they just let the play go as called or not called. But you can keep reaching for whatever but it's not going to change anything. Completion percentage was/is the mark for accuracy.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If Jerry & the Cowboys don’t buy into Dak soon, you can rest assured at least one franchise in a quality QB starved league will happily pay for Dak’s services.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I never asked for hypotheticals, I asked for actual real rules that affects a QB's completion percentage. The problem with your oh gee they didn't call pass interference like they do today would work except that there were QB's that had good completion percentages.back then. As far as actual pass interference calls back whenever and today, that is called pretty much the same. The real difference is the contact after the 5 years. Your oh they wouldn't call pass interference back whenever like they do now except the refs still miss those calls today. Just ask the saints about that. Yes it now can be challenged but if, and it has happened a number of times, if there is interference on both they just let the play go as called or not called. But you can keep reaching for whatever but it's not going to change anything. Completion percentage was/is the mark for accuracy.

I didn't say completion percentage wasn't a mark for accuracy. I just said it wasn't definitive without context.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I didn't say completion percentage wasn't a mark for accuracy. I just said it wasn't definitive without context.

What you just said about completion percentage is the mark for accuracy with context but what that actually means is completion percentage is allowed to have excuses if it's not what you think it should be. The ONLY context is if passes were caught or not caught.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not trying to piss of anyone. I'm sorry if some can not see how simple math defines the accuracy of a QB. Now there is a long formula to figure a QB rating which takes into account more than just completions, but the higher the completion percentage is the more accurate a QB is and the lower it is shows how accurate he is not. Again I'm sorry if that is hard for you to figure out and it offends you.

You can say whatever you want, but if you are watching Football for as long as you claim, you know that what you are saying here is a bunch of Bull. So sure, go ahead and be sorry, the sorrier the better.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You can say whatever you want, but if you are watching Football for as long as you claim, you know that what you are saying here is a bunch of Bull. So sure, go ahead and be sorry, the sorrier the better.

Whatever, if simple math is to tough for you, to bad.