Dak > Brady (since Amari)

HungryLion

Reaction score
they went

3/4 on 4th downs....
the first one was a 21 yards run....
2nd one was a run for 5 yards
3rd one was a run for 2 yards

a fifth 4th down was a pass which was incomplete, but ended up being a penalty.

still 1/9 on 3rd downs is not good. that's money down for QBs to convert and keep drives alive. ..

we went for it 5 times on 4th downs against the rams. that speaks desperation. 4 of the 5, were rush attempts.

Yeah yeah I know all that. So the offense was responsible for about 10% of the loss while the defense was about 90% responsible for it, since they got their butts whooped from the opening kickoff to the final whistle.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know all that. So the offense was responsible for about 10% of the loss while the defense was about 90% responsible for it, since they got their butts whooped from the opening kickoff to the final whistle.
I say more like 40/60.....maybe 35/65

HungryLion

Reaction score
I say more like 40/60.....maybe 35/65

Teams giving up more than 250 rushing yards and getting zero turnovers only win 5% of the time. So more realistically it’s about 95/5. Although I could go 90/10 to give the benefit of the doubt. 85/15 at max.

Your offense has to be damn near perfect to win when your defense plays as poorly as the cowboys did that night.

It was also obvious to watch on tape. Our defense just got straight ran over all night long. Right down their throats.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Teams giving up more than 250 rushing yards and getting zero turnovers only win 5% of the time. So more realistically it’s about 95/5. Although I could go 90/10 to give the benefit of the doubt. 85/15 at max.

Your offense has to be damn near perfect to win when your defense plays as poorly as the cowboys did that night.

It was also obvious to watch on tape. Our defense just got straight ran over all night long. Right down their throats.

And yet Dak (without a running game of his own) had the Cowboys within one score of the Rams before that last third down conversion at the two minute warning.

If Dallas got the ball back I am confident Prescott would have got that game into overtime.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

how about teams that go 5 straight time punting? and control the clock for only 12 minutes in 2.5 quarters?

not saying defense played great, but we had the ball 4 times in the first half and had total of 10 minutes!!!! the first possession was 3:41, then 2:20, .55 and 2:52....

followed in the 3rd quarter by 0.53 by then the score was 23-7.....then we had the ball for 4:42 and 3:18....so by end of 3rd quarter we had the ball for total of 18 minutes out of 45!!!....6 possessions and only 18 minutes!!!! seriously.... that's offense sucking as bad as defense

not saying the defense was good. but going into this game we knew that we needed to score a few. we knew they will key on Zeke. so passing game had to carry the day. it didn't. neither did running game. neither did defense

by the middle of 4th quarter, score was 30-14.....then the offense picked up!!! in garbage time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And yet Dak (without a running game of his own) had the Cowboys within one score of the Rams before that last third down conversion at the two minute warning.

If Dallas got the ball back I am confident Prescott would have got that game into overtime.
dude. the game was 30-14 by middle of 4th quarter. so looking at final score, when their defense played prevent. keep the ball in the middle of the field, kill the clock and make the score 30-22 only makes you feel good.

dallas offense did diddly squat that day.....don't fool yourself

HungryLion

Reaction score
how about teams that go 5 straight time punting? and control the clock for only 12 minutes in 2.5 quarters?

not saying defense played great, but we had the ball 4 times in the first half and had total of 10 minutes!!!! the first possession was 3:41, then 2:20, .55 and 2:52....

followed in the 3rd quarter by 0.53 by then the score was 23-7.....then we had the ball for 4:42 and 3:18....so by end of 3rd quarter we had the ball for total of 18 minutes out of 45!!!....6 possessions and only 18 minutes!!!! seriously.... that's offense sucking as bad as defense

not saying the defense was good. but going into this game we knew that we needed to score a few. we knew they will key on Zeke. so passing game had to carry the day. it didn't. neither did running game. neither did defense

by the middle of 4th quarter, score was 30-14.....then the offense picked up!!! in garbage time.

Did you watch the defense play? I mean honestly. It was a blood bath. The Rams ran all over them at will
And controlled the tempo of the game.

I get it, you aren’t a big Dak fan, that’s fine. But don’t be blind to reality. When your defense is that bad you have almost no chance of winning.

You bring up the time of possession. You know what else helps you win time of possession? Not getting run all over and forcing the other team to punt. You expect the cowboys to win time of possession when giving up 273 rushing? It’s damn near impossible.

This is football 101 stuff. You allow 273 yards rushing. The other team will win time of possession in a big way and control the tempo of the game.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you watch the defense play? I mean honestly. It was a blood bath. The Rams ran all over them at will

I get it, you aren’t a big Dak fan, that’s fine. But don’t be blind to reality. When your defense is that bad you have almost no chance of winning.

You bring up the time of possession. You know what else helps you win time of possession? Not getting run all over and forcing the other team to punt. You expect the cowboys to win time of possession when giving up 273 rushing? It’s damn near impossible.

This is football 101 stuff. You allow 273 yards rushing. The other team will win time of possession in a big way and control the tempo of the game.

Blame everyone bud except your Dak.....2 playoff first half's (4 Quarters) and we scored a total of 20 points......7 in the Ram game 13 in the Packer game.
Your reasoning is so blinded by your Dak Love you refuse to acknowledge that Dak can't match up when its a game of offenses controlling the tempo.
Blame blame blame blame.....18th ranked QB,29th red-zone offense,17 games under 200 yards passing,0-7 when Zeke has under 75 yards,58 sacks 12 fumbles, blame blame blame everyone but Dak.....:facepalm:
Ya Dak you know our QB...........our very mediocre QB!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Blame everyone bud except your Dak.....2 playoff first half's (4 Quarters) and we scored a total of 20 points......7 in the Ram game 13 in the Packer game.
Your reasoning is so blinded by your Dak Love you refuse to acknowledge that Dak can't match up when its a game of offenses controlling the tempo.
Blame blame blame blame.....18th ranked QB,29th red-zone offense,17 games under 200 yards passing,0-7 when Zeke has under 75 yards,58 sacks 12 fumbles, blame blame blame everyone but Dak.....:facepalm:
Ya Dak you know our QB...........our very mediocre QB!

I’ve blamed Dak in games where he plays poorly and is part of the problem. I even said you can blame him for about 10% of this game.

But no, you can’t blame a QB for much more than that when the defense gets steamrolled like it did.

But nevertheless, here we are, subjected to another post by you which has zero actual substance to the topic at hand and shows your complete inability to present a sound and well reasoned argument, beyond your typical “Dak sucks” crap that you’ve been spouting for years now.

I mean seriously, this is a board full of football fans. Yet some of those football fans watch a game where the team gets completely dominated on the line of scrimmage, on both offense and defense, and yet for that game they want to assign a large chunk of blame to the QB? I mean that’s just asinine and shows a complete lack of understanding about what actually wins football game.

Dak shares plenty of blame in the losses during the first half of the season when the team was 3-5. He gets very little credit for the Saints win, for instance. When the defense absolutely won the game for us.

He gets very very little blame for the Rams loss when the offensive and defensive lines were both DOMINATED by the opponent. Again, football 101.

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I’ve blamed Dak in games where he plays poorly and is part of the problem. I even said you can blame him for about 10% of this game.

But no, you can’t blame a QB for much more than that when the defense gets steamrolled like it did.

But nevertheless, here we are, subjected to another post by you which has zero actual substance to the topic at hand and shows your complete inability to present a sound and well reasoned argument, beyond your typical “Dak sucks” crap that you’ve been spouting for years now.

I mean seriously, this is a board full of football fans. Yet some of those football fans watch a game where the team gets completely dominated on the line of scrimmage, on both offense and defense, and yet for that game they want to assign a large chunk of blame to the QB? I mean that’s just asinine and shows a complete lack of understanding about what actually wins football game.

Dak shares plenty of blame in the losses during the first half of the season when the team was 3-5. He gets very little credit for the Saints win, for instance. When the defense absolutely won the game for us.

He gets very very little blame for the Rams loss when the offensive and defensive lines were both DOMINATED by the opponent. Again, football 101.
Football 101 is understanding that if the offense can control the ball and the clock and maybe convert a few third downs the opposing offense can't punk your defense from the bench.

Why this is so hard to understand for some people is beyond me.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Football 101 is understanding that if the offense can control the ball and the clock and maybe convert a few third downs the opposing offense can't punk your defense from the bench.

If Zeke isn't getting passed the 8 man boxes to set us a 2nd and short can our QB (Passing game) get them 1st downs to keep the defense off the field....NOPE!
All we see is its 3rd and 12 and Dak is checking down.....or that most prestigious Field goal attempt once we get in the Red-Zone where you know things are tight baby for any QB!
This team is SB ready with one very important exception.......QB.....o_O

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

It diesnt matter if it's 3rd down when you convert, idk why this is so hard to understand for some people.

The offense did control the ball. Our average drive was 2:58. That would have been 5th best in the league this year. The only problem? The defense allowed over 4 mins per drive which would have been #1 by a full 40 seconds.

So the offense had nothing to do with the defense getting roasted.

Really crazy that so many dont understan such a simple concept. Football 101 really.

It's also crazy that y'all have to fabricate ways to bring down Dak, while fabricating ways to shift blame away from other players.

Maybe just maybe, if it's so hard to find fault in Dak's performance then you are just in the wrong.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Right football 101. The Rams offense did exactly what you just said. Controlled the ball by running for 273 yards. Controlled the clock and kept our offense on the bench.

What you spelled out is exactly what the Rams did to us.

On the flip side. It’s really hard for your offense to control the clock when your offensive line is losing the battle and not winning at the line of scrimmage.

Which is why at max you can blame Dak for 5-10% of the loss. At max.

If people want to blame Dak for a loss. Go back to the first skins game. Or the panthers game, etc. there’s examples out there.

Last edited:

sean10mm

Reaction score
I don't hate Dak like a lot of people here, but uh this is kind of dumb. You can't cherry-pick stats like that and think the results mean anything either way.

Plus you're comparing Dak after he gained Cooper to Brady after he lost Gordon, plus Hogan and Gronk had fallen off a cliff badly enough that Gronk retired and they let Hogan walk even though he would have cost peanuts to keep.

Lots of QBs look pretty good compared to Brady's 2013 season when all his receivers and tight ends went on IR, but that doesn't really mean much, either.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I did watch the game. yes, defense sucked. but I also watched the offense struggle really bad..... we had 7 points almost at the end of 3rd quarter...that's offensive (no pun intended)

and my point was that we knew going in that we needed to score a few points and we didn't.... by the same token, in the Saints game the offense stunk up the joint, but defense stepped up....that's my point. sometimes one side or the other has to step up and have a great game....against the rams, the offense and defense stunk it up