Dak breaking down a play (Read Post 3)

This is all very confusing to me. I was under the impression that Prescott was bound to running the play as called by the coach yet here he seems to be changing the play based on what he sees the defense doing in real time.

Maybe someone with a high level of football acumen can help me out?
 
No. Your thread and OP are perfectly fine. The reminder is related to comments that are no longer in your thread.
Thanks DallasEast - as I said I never talk crap, maybe if some of those few posters that constantly go at ppl come at me...and even then i'm pretty chill. Appreciate you doing the work of a mod, can't be fun.
 
This is all very confusing to me. I was under the impression that Prescott was bound to running the play as called by the coach yet here he seems to be changing the play based on what he sees the defense doing in real time.

Maybe someone with a high level of football acumen can help me out?
Its funny I always like when QBs that are high level take over, like Romo used to do, Dak shows he can do. I could be wildly wrong about the outcome of it, but I feel like unless you have some proven beast playcaller, it works out well, or you know, try running a two-minute drill on the 2nd or 3rd possession of the game if its not out of hand.
 
Its funny I always like when QBs that are high level take over, like Romo used to do, Dak shows he can do. I could be wildly wrong about the outcome of it, but I feel like unless you have some proven beast playcaller, it works out well, or you know, try running a two-minute drill on the 2nd or 3rd possession of the game if its not out of hand.
I think to some extent you have to have a QB that can adjust to circumstances. The ability to adjust to the alignments of the defense and/or personnel mismatches, in the moment makes all the difference.
 
Appreciate you doing the work of a mod, can't be fun.
It's tons of fun. That is until you're forced to attend those boring mandatory staff meetings. This was me at the last one:

2ZkiAgP.gif


I still have no idea why they called the cops on me...
 
I always try to keep it within the guidelines

and that was an interesting watch against the browns. good stuff. thank you
 
This is all very confusing to me. I was under the impression that Prescott was bound to running the play as called by the coach yet here he seems to be changing the play based on what he sees the defense doing in real time.

Maybe someone with a high level of football acumen can help me out?
:laugh: :laugh:This what you upset about?
 
This is all very confusing to me. I was under the impression that Prescott was bound to running the play as called by the coach yet here he seems to be changing the play based on what he sees the defense doing in real time.

Maybe someone with a high level of football acumen can help me out?
Eh, QBs typically call 2 plays in the huddle a primary and secondary. Kill usually means they're changing from one to the other.
They can also audible out of both using code phrases depending on the defense. For example in the Texans game when Houston ran that overload blitz from the left and Dak hit Flournoy who was his hot read in the open space vacated by the blitzers for the 1st down.
I don't think QBs have been bound by one play call since the 70s!
Dak has been changing the play call at the line at a highly effective level for a long time. He wouldn't have made it in the league for more than a couple of seasons if not!
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,231
Messages
14,673,734
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top