Eagles trade C Cam Jurgens to Ravens

Wouldn't be surprised if they trade people on the defensive side of the ball. Zach Baun's stock has never been higher, for example. He could seriously be a difference-maker for the Cowboys. Mailata would net a huge haul, but he could well still be there when they're climbing up again. It'd take a lot, but I think we've already seen Howie take advantage of the 'greater fool theory' when it came to the Jurgens trade--it only takes one team willing to pay the price.
Baltimore lost there top three centers to injury and starting a guy who never played center before, in the NFL or college. Desperate people do desperate things.
 
I tell you the Ravens deserve some criticism, not for necessarily trading for Cam, but they had a better C than Cam last year, an All pro and had the 5th year of his rookie deal to excercize (so they had leverage over him). They declined his 5th year and didn't work out a deal, and he walked to the Raiders (Tyler Linderbaum).
I know they'll get a 3rd rounder for losing Lindy, but they paid a 2nd for Cam, who is not as good a C and Linderbaum.
Lindy and a 2nd >>> Cam and 3rd. Money is pretty close.
 
Cue the overreact. Ravens desperately need help at center. That’s all this is and not “4d chess by Howie”.
I mean getting a future 2nd round pick for a guy that was battling injuries, talked about retirement in the offseason and was close to getting benched is a stone cold steal.
 
Dumping a starting OL this early doesn't jibe with signing starting DTs to $60M/yr in new $ this offseason. Their cap is a mess for years to come. We're watching the end of this 5 year or so run unless they draft extraordinarily well in the near future.
 
Dumping a starting OL this early doesn't jibe with signing starting DTs to $60M/yr in new $ this offseason. Their cap is a mess for years to come. We're watching the end of this 5 year or so run unless they draft extraordinarily well in the near future.
At the first hint of change needed that franchise doesn’t delay. Never has. They created the salary cap situation they’re in and knew exactly what they were doing. My guess is if they thought they were legitimate Super Bowl contenders this season they would be trading for players, not trading them away.

They are obviously not Super Bowl contenders. That fact has not escaped them. They’ve had a really good last 10 years. It’s time for them to be a 4th place team building for the future. It’s only fair. I’ll bet Lions and Cardinals fans are pleased, too. Every fan wants a shot in their lifetime. Eagles fans have had more than their share in recent years.
 
I mean getting a future 2nd round pick for a guy that was battling injuries, talked about retirement in the offseason and was close to getting benched is a stone cold steal.
I just don’t get how this helps them for this year unless they trade the pick for help then I get it. Eagles don’t play for future rings unless they are about to tear things down.

Not familiar with Jergens or why he’s been so bad….seems like going back to center should fix some things at only 27 years old. Just seems like since the o line coach left they’ve been struggling.
 
I just don’t get how this helps them for this year unless they trade the pick for help then I get it. Eagles don’t play for future rings unless they are about to tear things down.

Not familiar with Jergens or why he’s been so bad….seems like going back to center should fix some things at only 27 years old. Just seems like since the o line coach left they’ve been struggling.
Jurgens was bad last year and this year not much if any impovement. Drew Kendall has played better at center than did Cam and all "experts" from podcasts by former players to those that cover the team all agree Lampkins would be an upgrade at guard. I go into every season thinking super bowl like most fans but after 4 games it is not remotely possible. Howie getting what he did for a player that most likely would have been benched in another game or two is pretty amazing. Lane retiring was problably the domino that started it all. From reports Lane's mom is not doing well and it's weighed heavy on him. I don't think they try to tank but getting to 6 or 7 wins may be difficult.
 
I just don’t get how this helps them for this year unless they trade the pick for help then I get it. Eagles don’t play for future rings unless they are about to tear things down.

Not familiar with Jergens or why he’s been so bad….seems like going back to center should fix some things at only 27 years old. Just seems like since the o line coach left they’ve been struggling.
Stoutland wanted to step back from coaching. It’s why he didn’t entertain offers from any other team. The good news is the Eagles should be easy to beat this season. Right?
 
Jurgens was bad last year and this year not much if any impovement. Drew Kendall has played better at center than did Cam and all "experts" from podcasts by former players to those that cover the team all agree Lampkins would be an upgrade at guard. I go into every season thinking super bowl like most fans but after 4 games it is not remotely possible. Howie getting what he did for a player that most likely would have been benched in another game or two is pretty amazing. Lane retiring was problably the domino that started it all. From reports Lane's mom is not doing well and it's weighed heavy on him. I don't think they try to tank but getting to 6 or 7 wins may be difficult.
I’m just not use to them operating as a seller and I get it they sold a guy who wasn’t a fit for their team so it doesn’t really hurt he present….with the division so wide open I’m shocked they’re on to 2028.
 
@Aerolithe_Lion how the f*** does Howie turn other front offices into idiots? There’s no way this is a reasonable trade for Baltimore, right?
Yeah I don’t know how Baltimore gets value for this, at least not in 2026. Maybe he plays for awhile and it turns out okay, but he was a backup caliber player in Philadelphi
 
Jurgens was bad last year and this year not much if any impovement. Drew Kendall has played better at center than did Cam and all "experts" from podcasts by former players to those that cover the team all agree Lampkins would be an upgrade at guard. I go into every season thinking super bowl like most fans but after 4 games it is not remotely possible. Howie getting what he did for a player that most likely would have been benched in another game or two is pretty amazing. Lane retiring was problably the domino that started it all. From reports Lane's mom is not doing well and it's weighed heavy on him. I don't think they try to tank but getting to 6 or 7 wins may be difficult.
You sure about that? I remember people being upset they changed schemes and demoted him if im not mistaken. He didn’t just ride off in the sunset unless those were rumors.
 
They will find another competent QB (Sam Darnold type or better), surround him with a great offensive line, weapon or two, good to great defensive line and roll the dice again. Had I not seen it multiple times with Howie I might believe I was wrong. But I’m not. He does not care about actually rebuilding years. He will do a hard reset and laugh at the dweebs reveling in the year or two of poor records.
Good luck getting two more hof linemen in 2 years lol
 
They will find another competent QB (Sam Darnold type or better), surround him with a great offensive line, weapon or two, good to great defensive line and roll the dice again. Had I not seen it multiple times with Howie I might believe I was wrong. But I’m not. He does not care about actually rebuilding years. He will do a hard reset and laugh at the dweebs reveling in the year or two of poor records.
Eagles fans are fearing a 30 month long period of not being legitimate Suoer Bowl contenders.
 
Just watch .. wait and see.. They will be back in the NFCC game before Jerry Cowboys get there.

I wouldn't be laughing at them.. their current ownership has a solid record of building solid competitive teams for 25+ years.

The complete opposite of Jerry Cowboys/

:cool:
 
Just watch .. wait and see.. They will be back in the NFCC game before Jerry Cowboys get there.

I wouldn't be laughing at them.. their current ownership has a solid record of building solid competitive teams for 25+ years.

The complete opposite of Jerry Cowboys/

:cool:
The Iggles know when to Punt and play again for another day.. The Cowboys play it like Schotty and try to kick 65 yard FG's in no win situations...
 
Just watch .. wait and see.. They will be back in the NFCC game before Jerry Cowboys get there.

I wouldn't be laughing at them.. their current ownership has a solid record of building solid competitive teams for 25+ years.

The complete opposite of Jerry Cowboys/

:cool:
That is true. Since the Cowboys were last in a Super Bowl Lurie has had his team in a Super Bowl with three different head coaches and three different starting quarterbacks.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,231
Messages
14,673,738
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top