Dak extension?

basel90

Reaction score
see the top 15 paid QBs in the league all making 30M and above. its the league. its the way it is.

and I am with you. lets move on from Dak. who you got that's better? lets do it.
agree the QB market has gone up and crazy numbers are being paid . that is definitely the situaiton.
The options now are limited my freind. Jerry has ignored this position and bet on dak and back up rush . the dak deal will linger until 2025 at least . Cowboys have to either make a trade ( which dak's contact won't allow) or get lucky in the draft .

khiladi

Reaction score
Let’s go to 2018 and see how many times he should have had a pick 6 on the outta route he was throwing this year for pick 6s.

Not only was the DL about to pick it off, the DB was already breaking on the ball and would have had the pick 6 off a stare down.

Again, our route, threw it behind Beasley, staring him down the whole time.

How many times did we see this same INT this year that actually resulted in a pick 6.

basel90

Reaction score
Let’s go to 2018 and see how many times he should have had a pick 6 on the outta route he was throwing this year for pick 6s.

Not only was the DL about to pick it off, the DB was already breaking on the ball and would have had the pick 6 off a stare down.

How many times did we see this same INT this year that actually resulted in a pick 6.

amazing how dak repeats his mistakes over and over

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Exactly, I dont think anyone is calling Dak elite. However, he's a very good QB, which, especially with where he was drafted, is not easy to find. I do think he has areas to improve, but he's a very good QB. Hopefully, this year we will be able to make it at least to the NFCC.
Exactly!! And we're going to give that up?? This franchise has not made it past the NFC Championship in nearly three decades. That isn't on Dak. We just need to get over the hump, and I'm confident that Dak can be THAT guy.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
agree the QB market has gone up and crazy numbers are being paid . that is definitely the situaiton.
The options now are limited my freind. Jerry has ignored this position and bet on dak and back up rush . the dak deal will linger until 2025 at least . Cowboys have to either make a trade ( which dak's contact won't allow) or get lucky in the draft .
exactly. but what is there to do? try and build a team an dlook for the next QB. all the complaining ain't going to change it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Exactly!! And we're going to give that up?? This franchise has not made it past the NFC Championship in nearly three decades. That isn't on Dak. We just need to get over the hump, and I'm confident that Dak can be THAT guy.

I agree, especially since we now have a top defence, a much better coach than Garrett, and we have a system that I think fits him better. He was billed as being similar to McNabb when drafted. McNabb played in a WCO. Dak is finally playing in a WCO this season. That should do wonders for him.

basel90

Reaction score
exactly. but what is there to do? try and build a team an dlook for the next QB. all the complaining ain't going to change it.
a lot of the complaints are around how the FO makes decisions and overpays certain players which the fans don't see as the right ones to take the team to the SB. The 10-12 win season average strategy does not satisfy cowboys fans with a 27 year drought. Seeing teams like the Eagles win one in 2016 and get to another with a 2nd year QB who cost 1.8 mil, or the bangals with a new QB get to 2 super bowls in a row , or the rams with Strafford who was availalbe for the cowboys to go after , all of this irritates the fans and makes Dak (42 Mil + ) look worse. But the options are limited at this stage , not to mention jerry is all in on Dak for 2-4 years it seems. A big big risky bet with a QB who seems to be on a certain decline .

Swagger

Reaction score

Interesting. Seems like last season was just balancing out the number of picks he previously got away with.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Our Defense beat the Niners holding them to 23 and 19 pts in our playoff games.
Mr.Prescott leader of our offense has to learn to beat the Niners!!!!!
Please call it as it is baby!!!!
He's getting paid as much as other QBs that carry their team yet he needs the team to carry him. There isn't much anyone can do when Dak only leads the offense to 12 points.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

160 million (20%+ of our Cap) makes you want to barf that we have fallen into the hands of inepto Prescott!!!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak always been blindly throwing into defenders. Hell, the 4th to last one she isn’t the Jets and the very last one against the Bears, it’s the same pick 6 he didn’t get away with this year.

Only out of pure Luck or his 666 factors he doesn't hold the record for most PICK 6's in a single season ever in the NFL......
The dude is a walking turnover machine and don't forget about his talent to fumble the ball.....