Dak extension?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pappy and his puppies are the epitome of Dak over Cowboys dont let them fool you, they would see this team start Cooper Rush so they could post on a message board.
We already have posters wanting Dak to fail, that tells me they are not true fans.
Even when we had Quincey Carter, or Drew Henson, I knew they were not good, but I still pulled for wins.
These same fans want failure as they rather thump their chest to be correct, than to root for a win.
I would bet my house they cheered when Dak threw those INT's.

khiladi

Reaction score
He’s led us to back to back 12-5 seasons, and our first playoff win on the road in 30 years. If you want to move on from him, then what’s your plan at QB that will keep the Cowboys winning and having a chance in the playoffs? Do you have a plan that’s sure to land the Cowboys a better QB than him? Apparently some of you think it’s going to be easy to find a better QB.
5 of those games this year were played by Cooper Rush..

khiladi

Reaction score
As far as his football career goes Dak has to be the luckiest guy to ever play in the NFL.

He started, by default, in a dream situation. Somehow got one of the most lucrative deals in NFL QB history while coming off a very serious injury.

Now, when the team finally has a very competitive defense, giving them the best chance to go somewhere in over a quarter century, he has the team by the short hairs if they want to maximize the window this defense should provide.

One thing is certain. The next 2 to 3 years will define Dak's legacy.
And probably has the most sure picks dropped by any defense in history

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We already have posters wanting Dak to fail, that tells me they are not true fans.
Even when we had Quincey Carter, or Drew Henson, I knew they were not good, but I still pulled for wins.
These same fans want failure as they rather thump their chest to be correct, than to root for a win.
I would bet my house they cheered when Dak threw those INT's.
Obsolutley they did, probably nearly tore the screen off the laptop opening it to post here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As far as his football career goes Dak has to be the luckiest guy to ever play in the NFL.

He started, by default, in a dream situation. Somehow got one of the most lucrative deals in NFL QB history while coming off a very serious injury.

Now, when the team finally has a very competitive defense, giving them the best chance to go somewhere in over a quarter century, he has the team by the short hairs if they want to maximize the window this defense should provide.

One thing is certain. The next 2 to 3 years will define Dak's legacy.
The team was 4-12 before Dak got there and the GM was Jerry Jones…Head coach was Jason Garrett…omg what a dream lol. A damn nightmare lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak supporters all seem to be fixated on this, why is this always the focal point?
I don't believe that it's a stretch to imagine most people that take the time to post here, already have at least a basic understanding of the leagues pay structure.
The question that also always comes up from the few Dak defenders left here, is what would you do about it?
It's a simple answer, but one the Jones refuse to ever acknowledge or answer, you draft and develop a young QB, like 3 years ago so you don't get bent over a barrel like Dak and his agent did to this unprepared, slow front office..
That is the answer, and the issue that translates to frustration from the fan base that is tired of the same old song and dance and lazy approach of just good enough is good enough.
What is the enigma of adding competition at the QB position?
Is Daks ego so fragile that he couldn't handle that pressure?
The Dak haters are fixated on the amount of money he’s making. They constantly complain about his contract, even though that’s the going rate for a starting QB. There’s several QBs making more money than he’s making now. The Cowboys drafted Mike White a few years ago and he didn’t pan out for us. He was given an opportunity to beat out Cooper Rush. The Cowboys will likely draft another QB in April. The fan base may be frustrated and tired of not being able to get over the hump but it would be a lot worse if we were stuck with the lesser QB. Too many fans are putting all the blame on Dak despite the fact the Cowboys went through the same struggles getting over the hump with Romo.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Dak haters are fixated on the amount of money he’s making. They constantly complain about his contract, even though that’s the going rate for a starting QB. There’s several QBs making more money than he’s making now. The Cowboys drafted Mike White a few years ago and he didn’t pan out for us. He was given an opportunity to beat out Cooper Rush. The Cowboys will likely draft another QB in April. The fan base may be frustrated and tired of not being able to get over the hump but it would be a lot worse if we were stuck with the lesser QB. Too many fans are putting all the blame on Dak despite the fact the Cowboys went through the same struggles getting over the hump with Romo.
Posted this in another thread kinda pops the "His cap hit is killing us" theme

Daks 2023 cap hit $26,832,647
Daks 2022 cap hit $19,730,000

Again show me the huge cap hit restricting our player aquisition please.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
5 of those games this year were played by Cooper Rush..
I’m aware of that and one of those wins in 2021 was with Cooper Rush, but we still made the playoffs because of Dak. Most of our wins came with him. The Cowboys would only hold up for so long with Cooper Rush, but good luck convincing some of the morons on this board who think the Cowboys would be in possession of another Lombardi trophy had they stayed with Rush. Lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m aware of that and one of those wins in 2021 was with Cooper Rush, but we still made the playoffs because of Dak. Most of our wins came with him. The Cowboys would only hold up for so long with Cooper Rush, but good luck convincing some of the morons on this board who think the Cowboys would be in possession of another Lombardi trophy had they stayed with Rush. Lol
Yeah the ABD crowd love Rush, i do think there is a group on this forum that would be happy with a wing t offense though, maybe RC Slocum had a few more kids than we knew? "When you use a forward lateral play 3 things can happen and 2 are bad"

basel90

Reaction score
Even good QBs are making elite money these days just look around the league. Daniel Jones just got paid $40 million per. That’s becoming the average salary for a starting QB. A QB doesn’t have to be close to Patrick Mahomes to make elite money. Anyone who can’t see that Dak is better than a lot of QBs in the league is lost. Anyone who doesn’t want to pay elite money for a QB is going to be stuck with one that likely has a losing QB record and is bouncing around the league. So what’s your master plan at QB, dump Dak for a cheap castoff or draft one and hope they turn out? From listening to you, you would settle for Cooper Rush. Lol
Yes there are crazy franchises who have overpaid for average QBs and the cowboys are in that league. The point is , after 8 years with Dak , he is starting to regress. His initial 2 year success may well have been due to the most elite OL . RB combo in the NFL at that time. When that started to wane he got exposed.
There are no easy solutions now as the franchise is committed to Dak and thus the wait for a SB will continue for maybe 30+ years. And that the real problem. Cowboy fans are sick of the mediocrity and lack of championships.

Good team move on quickly once they recognize they don't have elite talent and make moves. The cowboys kept ignoring that position in the draf , with Jerry's admisssion , and have relied mainly on Dak. It is becoming an old broken record.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes there are crazy franchises who have overpaid for average QBs and the cowboys are in that league. The point is , after 8 years with Dak , he is starting to regress. His initial 2 year success may well have been due to the most elite OL . RB combo in the NFL at that time. When that started to wane he got exposed.
There are no easy solutions now as the franchise is committed to Dak and thus the wait for a SB will continue for maybe 30+ years. And that the real problem. Cowboy fans are sick of the mediocrity and lack of championships.

Good team move on quickly once they recognize they don't have elite talent and make moves. The cowboys kept ignoring that position in the draf , with Jerry's admisssion , and have relied mainly on Dak. It is becoming an old broken record.
Teams are doing what they have to do to stay in contention. Just good QBs are making 40 million per that’s the going rate, unless you want to be stuck with a Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield or Jacoby Brissett. You can get a lot better deal for a castoff that’s bouncing around the league. Dak has started to regress but he’s still a good QB who we’re staying in contention with. I’ll ask you again. What’s your plan at QB that’s going to keep us in contention and not end up in QB hell like Washington?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's the "HATE"........ :muttley: ....not his incompetence of being in the most prestigious position on a team they call America's team and laying eggs while doing his best impersonation of a deer in headlights.:muttley:
huh? too early in the morning for drinking,,,but then again its pappy dog and leeblair hanging out :lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yes, the contract has gotten redone and the cap hit around 10% or less over the past few years...

they keep pointing to the future that we will get handicapped, but ignore the past/present.

its a meaningless argument on their part.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

see the top 15 paid QBs in the league all making 30M and above. its the league. its the way it is.

and I am with you. lets move on from Dak. who you got that's better? lets do it.

Big D

Reaction score
But that's the point exactly! You don't need to put up 50 points a game or even 35. You just need consistent play from your QB. Jimmy G or Darnold win that game in Tampa.
Is there anything required of the offensive coordinator? It seems the braintrust thinks so.

basel90

Reaction score