Dak for Derek Carr?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I will say this about Carr, statistically he is rebounding. However he wont play downfield. Maybe his mental recovery has been a slower proccess
If his rookies develop, he needs to be putting up better numbers by mid to late season. They added a few very potentially explosive players.
If he continues his rebound, that 20mil price tag is pretty nice.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Raiders had one of the 4-5 worst WR groups in 2019
Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow are ok, but certainly not #1s.

but in the draft, they added some talent
Henry Ruggs
Lynn Bowden
Bryan Edwards

plus they have a really good and young TE Derren Wallen

and a great young RB (Josh Jacobs)
and the line is decent too

No excuses for that offense not to get rolling more as the rooks develop

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
step up Ben Denucci lol..you better be a quick study. Your time will be here in 2021. NO WAY Dak is a Cowboy past this year. THIS SNAFU made sure of that

How's he supposed to study? Dak has never missed a game, unlikely he will this year, either. And Dalton will take over if Dak doesn't stay past this year.

DeNucci can have all the time he wants, in any event, he's no where near ready to start, this one season isn't going to change that. Personally from looking at his college history, I have severe doubts he'll ever be even as good as Dak. Just too many negatives, but I'll certainly give him a chance, stranger things have happened...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak had the better year last year.
Again, Carr's #1 WR last year was Tyrell Williams....maybe a so-so #2

Anyway, here are the comps

2020 Salary
Prescott__31.4 mil
Carr__19.0 mil

2019 Stats

Yards per game
Prescott__306
Carr__253

QB Rating
Prescott__99.7
Carr__100.8

TD-Int Differential
Prescott__19 (31-12)
Carr__13 (21-8)

Comp %

Prescott__65.1
Carr__70.4

YPA
Prescott__8.2
Carr__7.9

Cebrin

Reaction score
Too many Madden players on this forum. Dak can win. Feel free to check this if McCarthy, and Co. are trash. I'm just hoping we're all correct. Garrett = Losers.

Latin1

Reaction score
Too many Madden players on this forum. Dak can win. Feel free to check this if McCarthy, and Co. are trash. I'm just hoping we're all correct. Garrett = Losers.

There's not doubt Dak can play in my opinion, the problem is, either Jones or Dak or both do not want him in Dallas. I understand Dak's position, he basically saved the Cowboys from paying starting QB money for 4 years and played out his contract. He could think he is "owed" $20 million a year, so $80 million dollars is what he has saved Jerry Jones etc. Now he wants some of that back. But I also understand the Cowboys position, he signed a contract and he got paid for what he agreed to, now they want to get him at a discount. So the question isn't can he play but will he play in Dallas for the rest of his career? Probably not in my opinion, so it is best for them to find someone else within the next year or 2.

kskboys

Reaction score
There's not doubt Dak can play in my opinion, the problem is, either Jones or Dak or both do not want him in Dallas. I understand Dak's position, he basically saved the Cowboys from paying starting QB money for 4 years and played out his contract. He could think he is "owed" $20 million a year, so $80 million dollars is what he has saved Jerry Jones etc. Now he wants some of that back. But I also understand the Cowboys position, he signed a contract and he got paid for what he agreed to, now they want to get him at a discount. So the question isn't can he play but will he play in Dallas for the rest of his career? Probably not in my opinion, so it is best for them to find someone else within the next year or 2.
It wasn't a discount. Why do people keep saying that?

Latin1

Reaction score
It wasn't a discount. Why do people keep saying that?
Because Dak made what $3-$4 million for 4 years total when the average starting NFL QB make $20 million +. Tony Romo made $18 million a year on his last contract, that is money that goes to Jerry's yacht. So it's a discount because Jerry didn't have to go into his bank account and pay Dak $80 million over the past 4 years. So he got Dak really really cheap and a very high quality starting QB. Now Dak wants to get some of that back it seems, because he didn't complain or hold out, he played his contract out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because Dak made what $3-$4 million for 4 years total when the average starting NFL QB make $20 million +. Tony Romo made $18 million a year on his last contract, that is money that goes to Jerry's yacht. So it's a discount because Jerry didn't have to go into his bank account and pay Dak $80 million over the past 4 years. So he got Dak really really cheap and a very high quality starting QB. Now Dak wants to get some of that back it seems, because he didn't complain or hold out, he played his contract out.
N they offered him a nice contract before the 18 season and he turned it down, so his being underpaid is strictly on him.

And they offered him a pile of money so he could "get some of that back" and he once again turnded it down.

Your line of thinking really doesn't seem to make sense.

Latin1

Reaction score
N they offered him a nice contract before the 18 season and he turned it down, so his being underpaid is strictly on him.

And they offered him a pile of money so he could "get some of that back" and he once again turnded it down.

Your line of thinking really doesn't seem to make sense.
Its a possible rationale for why he did not sign, it's not my view or way of thinking. He might just want to recoup some of what he thinks he should have been paid for the last 4 years. I could be totally wrong as well. Dak may just not want to be in Dallas anymore

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I would take Carr for 20 mil over Dak for 40 mil w/o hesitation.
See, that's my type of thinking, too.
A middling vet QB on that type of deal (or a bit cheaper) would be more prudent in the long run than giving Dak a deal with more money than Russell Wilson got.
And I like Dak, but without a good defense and good supporting cast on offense, a championship run ain't happening and that requires having the cap space to sign guys...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A middling vet QB on that type of deal (or a bit cheaper) would be more prudent in the long run than giving Dak a deal with more money than Russell Wilson got.
And I like Dak, but without a good defense and good supporting cast on offense, a championship run ain't happening and that requires having the cap space to sign guys...
I'd agree if Dak was asking for 40 and if Carr wanted 20......but those numbers both seem off to me. I expect Dak to want less than that and Carr to want more.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd agree if Dak was asking for 40 and if Carr wanted 20......but those numbers both seem off to me. I expect Dak to want less than that and Carr to want more.
fwiw, Car is already under contract for under 20 mil per year for each of the next three seasons.

I agree on Dak not asking for 40/year. Maybe for that 5th year, but for the first 4, I suspect its in the 37 range.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
fwiw, Car is already under contract for under 20 mil per year for each of the next three seasons.

I agree on Dak not asking for 40/year. Maybe for that 5th year, but for the first 4, I suspect its in the 37 range.
Ok yeah I thought this was hypothetically speaking....as if Carr re-upped because I didn't know where the 40 million came from.

kskboys

Reaction score
Its a possible rationale for why he did not sign, it's not my view or way of thinking. He might just want to recoup some of what he thinks he should have been paid for the last 4 years. I could be totally wrong as well. Dak may just not want to be in Dallas anymore
He could have. He chose not to.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like Wilson, but he's no longer making those deep playoff runs w/o that D.

kskboys

Reaction score
To me Wilson is a prime example that you need pieces around you. He has all the tools. Top 3 quarterback and its still not enough.
I used to be a Wilson fan. Then he negotiated a huge contract. OK. Then, he complained due to not having enough around him. That's when he lost my fanhood.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I used to be a Wilson fan. Then he negotiated a huge contract. OK. Then, he complained due to not having enough around him. That's when he lost my fanhood.
In his defense.....who are those guys drafting? They don't seem to do very well in the draft though. Though Metcalf was a refreshing solid pick for him.