Video: Dak gets a 3 year deal. why not?

Eanwen

Reaction score
700 of those likes on the video came from Dak and his camp. :lmao2:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I definitely think about this.

It still leaves us time to find a new QB as the window closes on this current squad.

I've been thinking for a long time that the college ranks are turning out NFL ready QBs. By current market standards, Dak is around a 35mil QB. But I think the veteran QB market is overpriced. Churn young guys.

I would have rather for the last couple of years been seriously trying to develop another QB. We didn't, but we lucked out by getting Dalton for nothing. Make the most of having a starting QB for next to free.

Flamma

Reaction score
I definitely think about this.

It still leaves us time to find a new QB as the window closes on this current squad.

Exactly how would you go about structuring a 3 year contract? Using the number 35 million a year, how would you do it? It's pretty easy since there are no rookie years left. Would it be 25-35-45? Those are bad numbers under normal circumstances, but when you consider the cap may not go up next season, that makes those numbers impossible. That's why the Cowboys want 5 years. To give the cap a chance to catch up to the contract.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't want to listen to the vid because that stuff doesn't interest me in the slightest. None of it.
I know I'm in the posting minority here in that I don't listen to sports radio, or watch any sports opinion shows at all, but I will comment on the topic in that title.

Sure. Give the guy a 3 year deal. It's going to have to be 100% guaranteed, but whatever. It would need to be like being tagged 3 times without that monster 3rd tag inflation though.
And that is where the negotiations would surely snag.
^^^this^^^ you just baffled them with pure facts. You and I are in the minority I think. You speak my lingo on this. I'm exactly the same way as you on everything you said. I do not watch the hot garbage on Tv etc. If it dont pass the smell test, I dont watch it, period.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
set up a throwing contest and pay him where he falls. so far he hasn't beat anyone in a throwing contest. shrugs