Dak Gets No Respect Again

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
OP. Butthurt over the fact two former MVPs in Cam Newton and Matt Ryan are flavored over Dak to be mvp candidates. Shocking players who have proven to play at an mvp level would be favored over one eho hasn't. This is why no rational football fans takes Dak loving fanboys seriously.

Wanna bet all Dak whiners have this in common? I would bet every fanboy has a "participation trophy" stashed somewhere.

Participation-Trophy.png

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I doubt a QB who's had a HOF caliber RB has ever won league MVP. I don't think Dak is as far away from being in the conversation for MVP as some think because of the ability he has to make clutch plays in the 4th quarter. At times during big games he's carried the team on his back. He's got some great intangibles but no QB is going to win league MVP throwing for only 23 TDs a year. He needs bigger numbers, yards and TDs. I believe with the receiving corp we have he has a great chance to have a career year statistically. As long as we have Zeke he will probably always cancel Dak out when it comes to league MVP votes. Dak has yet to show he can play well without Zeke. His numbers dropped off with Zeke out of the lineup in 2017 and we couldn't win games.
you have to be up there in passing yards and TDs to be considered fopr MVP..not just come backs....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I noticed you didn't mention his yards or attempt numbers.

He's a caretaker. The type of guy you usually don't sign to what at the time will be a top 5 contract.

No that's not an acknowledgement he's a top 5 player by management. But the players that sign top 5 contracts at any time in their careers usually don't have the biggest thing in their favor being their team's won loss record.
that doesn't fit the agenda or the narrative they are selling

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has never been MVP type QB. He is conservative with his throws so he will not put up gaudy numbers for MVP consideration.
yes, agreed. but there is nothing wrong with that....its not about MVP....its about superbowls and if Dak is conservative, plays within himself, then if we win a championship...who cares...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Bleh... I'm waiting on Mahomes to have that sophomore year this season, you know the one where he falls on his arse and winds up being way less then everyone figured....but that's just me.
sophomore? isn't his third year in the league...last year was his sophomore year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak has a better chance of winning SB MVP than league MVP. Besides it would be better he didn't win league MVP, there appears to be a curse associated with a QB winning league MVP. Most QBs who win league MVP get beat in the playoffs or SB. I believe the last QB to win league MVP and go on to win the SB was Kurt Warner in 1999. In 2015, 2016 and 2017 Cam Newton, Matt Ryan and Tom Brady all lost the SB after being named league MVP. The main reason these QBs end up losing in the playoffs and SB is because most are having to carry their team. Everything these teams do offensively revolves around the QB and passing game. If you're having to depend on one player too much whether it's your QB or RB you're going to end up in trouble. The last 6 straight years QBs have won league MVP and none of them won the SB.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When a QB is having to produce a lot of passing yards and TDs consistently week after week that's usually an indication there's a deficiency defensively and with their running game. Look at the yards and TDs Mahomes produced last season and some of that was due to his defense not being able to stop anyone. KC was 31st in total defense. They had to depend too much on Mahomes and it caught up with them.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yea but the bigger issue is this is a legit list. No reason to be upset over it. We don’t have one of the elite passers in the league. Nothing wrong with that. Some of the Slobbering daksters are just butthurt. Lol

On the cool, though, this is ironic....