Dak gets rid of the ball fast

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I just heard on 105.3 The Fan that Next Gen stats show that Dak gets rid of the ball in 2.39 seconds. That is faster than Herbert, and actually even faster than Brady (2.5 seconds).

Just another indication that Dak is elite.

Best QB’s in the league:

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Dak
6. Wilson.

CWR

Reaction score
I just heard on 105.3 The Fan that Next Gen stats show that Dak gets rid of the ball in 2.39 seconds. That is faster than Herbert, and actually even faster than Brady (2.5 seconds).

Best QB’s in the league:

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Dak
6. Wilson.

Can't wait to see the troll spin on yet another alarmingly positive Dak stat.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have noticed this year the ball seems to be coming out faster.
And making good decisions in doing so also.

Had one bad pass yesterday that was an overthrow, or it sailed on him for that INT. Otherwise 23-27 is pretty dang good.
I am sure the haters have a response though.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Best QB’s in the league:

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Dak
6. Wilson.
I'd switch Dak and Wilson, but otherwise, good list.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Had one bad pass yesterday that was an overthrow, or it sailed on him for that INT. Otherwise 23-27 is pretty dang good.
I thought the should've been INT he threw in the end zone was also a bad pass.

The one you mentioned and that one were the only bad passes that I thought he threw all game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I loved how Dak took ownership of his 1 mistake. During post game he gave credit to the defense of only giving up 14 points in the game and said the 3 points was on him for throwing a bad pass that was picked and led to 3 points. For the most part I think Dak played a smart game in leading this team

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The only mistake he made as far as holding on to the ball too long was the sack that took us out of FG range. Not blaming him for the sack because the line broke down, but he has to understand that you throw the ball away there to preserve the points.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I thought the should've been INT he threw in the end zone was also a bad pass.

The one you mentioned and that one were the only bad passes that I thought he threw all game.

Not terrible. The DB had to really sky to get his hands on it, which is why he couldn't haul it in and why he ended up landing awkwardly on the turf. (I didn't think he was going to get up quickly from that one.) But it definitely was one he either shouldn't have thrown or should have thrown a little deeper. I don't think it would have been caught because of the coverage, but at least a deeper throw removes the possibility of an interception.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The quickest release for many years was Andy Dalton. Peyton Manning was another one............ but the stat is misleading if you are using it to judge Qbs. Its more about pass protection. The guys with poor pass protection tend to get rid of the ball faster. Rookies tend to make the error of holding it too long and taking hits. Vets know better. Getting rid of the b all quick means more shorts throws which is what Brady does. He can't scramble in the pocket and buy time. So, he's adapted by getting rid of the ball fast.

Its one of the more useless new age stats.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Not terrible. The DB had to really sky to get his hands on it, which is why he couldn't haul it in and why he ended up landing awkwardly on the turf. (I didn't think he was going to get up quickly from that one.) But it definitely was one he either shouldn't have thrown or should have thrown a little deeper. I don't think it would have been caught because of the coverage, but at least a deeper throw removes the possibility of an interception.
2 bad throws a game I can live with.

JBS

Reaction score

Best QB’s in the league:

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Dak
6. Wilson.

Allen isn’t better than Dak. Not even close. Allen has been terrible this season. He has 1 good year and a lot of not good. Dak >

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Haters used to say he was slow to read & react, and that he reached his ceiling in 2016 and couldn’t improve as a QB. Bet none of em have played a sport in their life
Madden don't count? Otherwise we may have some of the best who said that.

starfan1

Reaction score
I have noticed this year dak gets rid of it quickly but there are still times that clock in his head needs to go off and he needs to throw it away. I know he is waiting to make a play but those are also the times he fumble or takes as crucial sack

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Best QB’s in the league:

1. Brady
2. Mahomes
3. Rodgers
4. Allen
5. Dak
6. Wilson.
Last week, a large number of the passes were immediate throws to WRs on the perimeter; that was part of the strategy. I'm guessing that's playing a disproportionate role in his overall number. In both games, he's made a lot of underneath throws and hasn't thrown deep much at all. Not sure if that will change. But he is being decisive and making good sound decisions.

What separates Brady is that last year (not sure about this year) he led the league in lowest time to release and in greatest depth of target, which is really hard to wrap my mind around.

SackMaster

Reaction score
The only mistake he made as far as holding on to the ball too long was the sack that took us out of FG range. Not blaming him for the sack because the line broke down, but he has to understand that you throw the ball away there to preserve the points.
On the two sacks on Prescott, it is HARD to blame him in either situation.

The one you are talking about, the pocket completely collapsed and had he tried to throw it, there is a good chance his arm or the ball is hit, and then we are looking at a possible int / fumble.

On the other one, with Tyron Smith doing his best Chaz Green impression, I don't know of many QBs that "feel" that sack when the blindside blocker is beaten so badly.

It sucks but especially with the first sack, that is a time protecting the ball is the most important thing. Especially after seeing Mahomeboy make a STUPID play and basically handing the game to the Ravens later that night by "trying to throw the ball away" in the middle of a sack. Dude should have just ate it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
2 bad throws a game I can live with.

Well, I've said this before concerning our quarterbacks. Too often they have to be perfect because our defense has been so bad. So we notice every mistake that they make because we usually can't live with them. If we had lost, Dak's interception becomes more magnified that it really should be. We had the same issue with Romo.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

The one you are talking about, the pocket completely collapsed and had he tried to throw it, there is a good chance his arm or the ball is hit, and then we are looking at a possible int / fumble.

On the other one, with Tyron Smith doing his best Chaz Green impression, I don't know of many QBs that "feel" that sack when the blindside blocker is beaten so badly.

It sucks but especially with the first sack, that is a time protecting the ball is the most important thing. Especially after seeing Mahomeboy make a STUPID play and basically handing the game to the Ravens later that night by "trying to throw the ball away" in the middle of a sack. Dude should have just ate it.

Bosa had his arm on that one and 3 of the OL got beat that play and beat bad. To be honest it was the play call by KM on that drive that drove me insane most...1 Boise swinging gate, good call they looked confused, tunr around 2 plays later with it...come on KM this aint LA tech, they sat on it the second time which produced a 3rd and long that Bosa could finally tee off with.

gimmesix

Reaction score

I don't agree on him not throwing it away. Knowing where the team is on the field, it should have been in his head that either it's a quick throw or you throw it away. Instead, he held it when there was time to dump it. On the sack against Smith, he had no chance.