Dak had best wake up and smell the roses

basel90

Reaction score
Dak has regressed? Lol, check the numbers, remember it's a team sport Einstein.
he has regressed. 1-6 against winning playoff teams last year and losses to the bear and jets. His stats are against weaker teams and in futile comebacks. He was not a factor whenever the cowboys played decent teams . Don't forget the regress started in mid 2018 ( remember the tennessee debacle , and the big loss with 0 points against the colts ). , Jerry had to trade picks to give dak Cooper , and improve the team around dak. But he could not do it last year either . This is why Dak's demands are out of whack .

J817

Reaction score
How much do you think Dak is losing in endorsements, I bet a ton

Why would Dak be losing endorsements lol? Has he done something criminal we don’t know about?

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too surprised if that's what happens, when all is said and done. In the meantime, Dak and his agent need to forget about $40 mil.

The only reason why Dak and his agent would want $40 million is BECAUSE the Cowboys wanted a 4+ year contract. So Dak's agent said fine: pay us $40 million and we will lock ourselves into a 4+ year contract. Otherwise, Dak is done being underpaid in comparison to his peers. Dak would be more than happy to take a standard 4 year or less contract that every single FA QB or extension QB signed recently.

Brady, Bridgewater, Tannehill, Rivers, Foles, Wentz, and Goff...

I maintain that the only party really trying to color outside the lines here are the Cowboys...Unless you are willing to pay a QB $40 million, I suspect exactly ZERO starting level QBs would take a 4+ deal without a AAV of $40 million.

CCBoy

Reaction score
FALSE NARRATIVE!! How are we to have substantive discussion about Dak when you create a negative context surrounding Dak's agent (CAA) and Dak?
Then you somehow project that Dak's agents (CAA) greed and Dak Contract will lose the lockeroom.
This is ridiculous...:lmao2:

CAA job is to get their clients the best deal. Did you have a problem with Romo's Contract in the past?...CAA is Romo's agent too.

By all accounts every player has kept out of Dak's Contract negotiations. Players don't get involved in teammates Contract negotiations. It's a code in the lockeroom. Yet somehow you've conjured up possible Dak resentment forth coming....

This is a great article! Thank you! How you exposed CAA greed and Dak resentment from the piece is amazing

You present a false narrative...

Where was all this tough talk when Dak was making $2M last season?
:huh:

No, you add no discussion or point beyond Dak was receiving a lower rookie pay, when his current offer is top shelf...and again, the team is still building.

Try attempting some answers instead of substituting attitude and agenda...you saying Dak hasn't been offered a reasonable contract that would not be expanded upon by most other teams?

My point was Dak needs to seize the full set of potentials...your point is to insult and add agenda.

Now answer and don't run away from this...you stating that right now, in the middle of complete social chaos, the team doesn't need it's top leader?

Is that throwing crap as an excuse? I don't agree...

I pointed possible directions....and oh yea, they are real possibilities if not solved. I think they will be solved, but ignore the reality of everything that is involved and if not addressed while the rest of the team is growing, it then becomes a major hurdle to overcome. You don't?

This is when the whole team needs interaction.

You again stating that earning millions and having to work like all other rookies to reach a larger contract amount, justifies not being available as a team leader?

I pointed out real points that need to be fully developed right now...and some of the areas where growth is strongly showing. I have done this in several OP's posted, First, one has to focus upon possible directions. That include offensive line, receiver, and running back progress. Have you discussed here, just what some of that may be? I have. You above discussing what could be lost, if a team's leader doesn't participate in foundation building?

You then telling me that you just tell the new coach, and all the new players...don't worry, that Dak was a growing leader in the past? Sorry, get real again.
The team and coaches all need for Dak to be involved...right now. You can't grasp that concept?

Leave all your personally directed insult and agenda aside. There could have been a more complete discussion of the strengths, beyond agenda bending and substituting negative and quick fire excuses around.

Try talking some factual football here, and don't go looking for golden eggs that hide the real discussion involved.

As to stating that my agenda was negative, dry your nose up...it wasn't.

CCBoy

Reaction score
FALSE NARRATIVE!! How are we to have substantive discussion about Dak when you create a negative context surrounding Dak's agent (CAA) and Dak?
Then you somehow project that Dak's agents (CAA) greed and Dak Contract will lose the lockeroom.
This is ridiculous...:lmao2:

CAA job is to get their clients the best deal. Did you have a problem with Romo's Contract in the past?...CAA is Romo's agent too.

By all accounts every player has kept out of Dak's Contract negotiations. Players don't get involved in teammates Contract negotiations. It's a code in the lockeroom. Yet somehow you've conjured up possible Dak resentment forth coming....

This is a great article! Thank you! How you exposed CAA greed and Dak resentment from the piece is amazing

You present a false narrative...

Where was all this tough talk when Dak was making $2M last season?

Were you sure that Dak was the answer until he started to demand top of league money after the team he led finished 8-8? Not my focus..and I didn't approach his salary under a rookie contract. You crying about his receiving maximum monies allowed by the NFL where he was drafted? That involves some kind of blame that supercedes not being present as the actual team Leader when it needs HIM most? I sure don't.

You think that he needs top of league money now, when that doesn't even reach the Rogers, Brees, or Tom Brady? He's not already been offered a very reasonable contract?

In today's crisis, you actually want me to buy into the story line that he has been coughing up blood?

I built a picture of what was questionable, but included some of the positive...now touch with what I stated, or start answering the questions presented to YOU.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys, on the other hand, continue to stockpile weapons for their franchise quarterback. Speaking to Scott Van Pelt on the Scott Van Pelt show on ESPN last night, Stephen Jones reiterated that Dak Prescott is the guy that the front office and the coaching staff believe can lead them to a Super Bowl. They’re confident they’ll get a deal done that’s “good for Dak Prescott, good for the Cowboys, and good for this team.”

The Dallas Cowboys, on the other hand, continue to stockpile weapons for their franchise quarterback. Speaking to Scott Van Pelt on the Scott Van Pelt show on ESPN last night, Stephen Jones reiterated that Dak Prescott is the guy that the front office and the coaching staff believe can lead them to a Super Bowl. They’re confident they’ll get a deal done that’s “good for Dak Prescott, good for the Cowboys, and good for this team.”

The other thing he mentioned is the importance of supporting their franchise quarterback.
By drafting CeeDee Lamb and Tyler Biadsz, the Dallas Cowboys continue to invest in their offense from a draft perspective. That’s something that started during the Jason Garrett era and is now continuing under Mike McCarthy...

People will argue that Dak Prescott isn’t a good quarterback, and that’s why the Dallas Cowboys had to surround him with all this talent. I firmly disagree. When you have a good player at the most important position in the NFL, you want to surround them with good players so that you can maximize the talent that they have...

https://insidethestar.com/stephen-jones-we-want-to-surround-dak-prescott-with-great-players/

Any arguments?

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Further developing topic...

1. Like Ruggs and Jeudy, new Dallas Cowboys wide receiver CeeDee Lamb has elite No. 1 receiver traits. He doesn't have the game-breaking speed of Ruggs or the unbelievable route skills of Jeudy, but he has a great combination of size (6'2", 198 lbs), quickness (4.50 40-yard dash) and ball skills.

The former Oklahoma standout did not rack up 1,327 yards and 15 total touchdowns in 2019 by accident.

As the No. 3 receiver on Bleacher Report draft analyst Matt Miller's big board, Lamb enters a situation that would make a mismatch out of a lesser receiver.

Lamb will be playing opposite Pro Bowler Amari Cooper, meaning he's likely to see his fair share of single coverage. His odds of doing so are increased by the fact that Dallas has a monstrous backfield comprised of two-time rushing champ Ezekiel Elliott and Tony Pollard. Dropping extra defenders into coverage won't really be an option.

Lamb isn't a lesser receiver, though, and faced with lots of one-on-one opportunities, he's going to feast.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-rookies-will-be-immediate-matchup-nightmares

This still doesn't replace having the mental pictures of a new system fully operational when a short camp and start of the actual season is added. It takes full concentration on field actions and not any metal distractions in trying to catch up with a general level of knowledge. Fact...

CCBoy

Reaction score

"The bigger these deals get, Jerry and I have always found that to be the case in business, the bigger the dollars get, the harder they get. We believe in our track record of getting players signed.

"I totally believe we'll get Dak signed at the right number that's good for Dak, good for the Cowboys, good for this team. And I think at the end of the day, the fact that we're getting some nice hype for our draft, I think he's going to want to get in here and get with these players, whether it's CeeDee Lamb or anyone else. He wants to win."

Jane Slater of NFL Network reported in March that Prescott prefers a four-year deal to become a free agent again at 30, but the Cowboys want to lock the two-time Pro Bowler into a longer contract. Dallas has a long history of re-signing players to long-term deals. Ezekiel Elliott, Jaylon Smith, Amari Cooper, La'El Collins and Demarcus Lawrence have all received extensions of at least five years in the past 12 months. Prescott is coming off the best season of his career in 2019. The 26-year-old threw for 4,902 yards, 30 touchdowns, 11 interceptions and completed 65.1 percent of his passes to help the Cowboys lead the NFL in total offense...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...k-prescott-will-sign-contract-at-right-number

Nav22

Reaction score
Dude, wins aren't a qb stat, until they are.

At any rate I find all this hand wringing over Dak's contract inane: Dak wants to be a Cowboy, the Jones' want him to be a Cowboy. It's going to happen, then everyone can go back to "[insert player's name] sucks and should be cut/traded for 1st rounders" threads.
LOL I’d be fine with just going off of his very good stats...

But then the anti-Dak crowd says, “HE WENT 8-8!!!”

Even though they didn’t credit him for the 32-16 record from 2016-18...

...They’re not too bright.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Fans here hated Dak since day 1. So his contract won't change their attitude anyways.

You’re so wrong about this. If you feel so inclined, go ahead and look at my post history. I strongly supported Dak as the starter when Romo came back from injury and every day since until a few months ago.

I’ve had it with him. This isn’t me caring how much a guy makes - so don’t even try that argument with me. This is about being willing to negotiate and get a deal done knowing the limitations of the salary cap and the desire to win a Super Bowl.

Dak lost me during this offseason when I heard some of the limited interviews that he’s done and I could hear the ego. Until then, he was putting it on his agents.

The Cowboys have offered more than I think what is fair - and they’re not trying to screw the guy. They’re trying to keep the key components of this team and build a championship.

Meanwhile, and this is important, Mr. Ego wants to break precedent and get an extension with less years so that he can hit the free agent market early again. Obviously Jerry Jones can’t do that, otherwise he’ll have to do it for every other player on his team.

Meanwhile, the guy who supposedly cares about winning knows that there’s a new coach and a new system and he’s not going to participate in any offseason workouts or studying.

Be sure to report that”, he said.

Be like Amari Cooper, Dak, who hit pay dirt but also took less money. He could be making more but wearing a Commander’s jersey right now.

Guess what? This is the perfect situation in the league for Dak, surrounded by weapons and endorsements. Maybe they ought to rescind the tag and let him go to San Diego or Detroit.

“Are you a $40 million quarterback?” asks Kimberley A. Martin of Yahoo.

“You tell me,” Prescott answers charmingly.

No, Dak, you’re not. And theres nothing “charming” about it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The only reason why Dak and his agent would want $40 million is BECAUSE the Cowboys wanted a 4+ year contract. So Dak's agent said fine: pay us $40 million and we will lock ourselves into a 4+ year contract. Otherwise, Dak is done being underpaid in comparison to his peers. Dak would be more than happy to take a standard 4 year or less contract that every single FA QB or extension QB signed recently.

Brady, Bridgewater, Tannehill, Rivers, Foles, Wentz, and Goff...

I maintain that the only party really trying to color outside the lines here are the Cowboys...Unless you are willing to pay a QB $40 million, I suspect exactly ZERO starting level QBs would take a 4+ deal without a AAV of $40 million.

$40 million is an elite contract and one that the Cowboys aren't inclined to pay for a QB that has yet to prove himself worthy of. Dak and agent haven't budged from that demand since their talks began. If they come considerably down from that amount, it's likely that the team would adjust their 5-year requirement in contract length. It's plain to see that compromise on both sides if the table will be needed to make a deal.

Swagger

Reaction score
Not drafting Hurts in the second round means only bringing in Cam or Dalton would give the Jones any leverage in the negotiations. Cam will be deemed too expensive and I just don't see them bringing in Dalton (even though I would).

So there's nothing to talk about really.

Prescott will get signed to a long term contract at some point, it's a matter of when not if - whether people agree with it or not.

It goes wothout saying that of course people wish him well during his recent personal tragedy.

cristglo

Reaction score
IDK, I really don't think "Hating Dak" represents a lot of the fan base that just is basically unhappy with the current situation.
Those that wanted to explore other options, were not out of line in that thinking process.
Its not so black and white.. Love or Hate.
There are a lot of fans like myself that just look at the game and the situation, I don't hate or love Dak, but I do like him,, is that just ok.
I understand its a business, and man wants to get paid, and the Cowboys franchise wants what they want, its just numbers, this will get handled soon.
Those that blatantly just hate Dak have other issues, because if you going to hate the man that much, than bring an option,, I never see one, that's all Im saying.
There is an in between.

I agree I also dont hate him and I think he can have a very long career in Dallas I also think he is good enough to help lead this team to a SB. Is Dak a Drew Brees Tom Brady Patrick Mahones Russel Wilson Aaron Rodgers NO He isnt but he can become elite like them. I dont like how this has dragged on I also understand that this is a business. The Jones are not trying to low ball Dak IMO and as good GM you have to look down the road with this salary cap. Hopefully both sides can meet somewhere in the middle and see the need for each other.
We got the weapons we ready to roll I would hate to see a Dak hold out to throw this thing out the window and this time next year all of us saying we could be holding a SB up if only Dak and the Jones could have resolved this.

plasticman

Reaction score
I thought everyone decided to blame Jason Garrett for not going deep in the playoffs.

All Dak did was come in day #1 as a rookie and start every single game, set the NFL record for most passes before 1st INT, make the Pro Bowl twice.

5th all time in QB rating first four seasons, 5th all time in wins first four seasons, 2nd all time game winning drives in first four seasons.

4th all time completion percentage in first four seasons, 3rd all time rushing TD's first four seasons. Last season he turned two WR's into 1000 yarders, a few yards shy of a 5000 yard passing season.

He immediately assumed leadership, model citizen despite the intense scrutiny of being the Cowboy QB, patiently waited his turn while watching everyone else in his draft year to be rewarded.......

Sign him. Stop playing games, Jerry had the chance to do right but has disrespected Dak for a year now. Show him the appreciation he deserved, what he wants will seem like nothing in two years.

And go win a dam championship!

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Does anyone actually have any real numbers that have been offered or rejected either way?

It seems like everyone has used the $35 million number. That's what Russell Wilson, the top paid QB in the league, is making. Is that actually what Dak wants and/or what we've offered? Any actual proof?

I know it seems like the money per year has kind of been settled and now it seems they're fighting over the number of years. But I'm curious if we know about what the average per year is.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Prescott will get signed to a long term contract at some point, it's a matter of when not if - whether people agree with it or not.

I lean toward agreement, evidenced by how Jerry caved on Zeke. See, that’s the problem with caving, and setting precedents. Dak’s agent knows that Jerry will cave at the 11th hour, so why would they negotiate?

The July 15 deadline takes some options away from the player. He can’t do what Zeke did and threaten to go into the season unsigned, because Jerry isn’t permitted by the CBA to cave in and extend him. If this goes past July 15, the outcome is predetermined.

So Todd France’s game plan, and let’s be real he is the one driving this and whispering sweet nothings into Dak’s ear, is that 1) they stand firm and try to get Jerry to cave on July 15, surrendering nothing (Zeke gave up absolutely jack squat in his negotiations), or, the more likely outcome, 2) wait until the day before the season starts, at 11:59pm, and sign the deal and play on a one-year contract. In this case, what Dak wants to do is pocket the franchise money, gamble on himself again, and try to get an even bigger contract in 2021 when Mahomes will have signed and reset the market.

So you’re right, there’s nothing to talk about except that Dak is doing the wrong thing here. Winning a championship seems to be at the bottom of his priority list. Winning the negotiation is at the top.